Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on Miranda's new cd - song - "Something Bad"

pkc4rls

I don't think anyones complaining yet, it sounds like 98% are thrilled.

IS there no room for expressing anyones feelings at all, regardless of popularity??

oh pk that is simply not the case once again. Yes, luckily most are excited and see it as an opportunity for both. If you see all the threads on it, some people (hint hint by saying you are not going to say anything yet etc) are trying to insinuate that Miranda only did this to get sales etc and she is a flop without Carrie blah blah. These are not discussions - that is just another round of trashing anyone that is perceived as competition or is simply using Carrie. But I would not expect less so anyway. "Discussions" are talking about what kind of song and video etc etc. But again, anyway, I am hushed again. I can't handle all this pettiness anyway.

pklongbeach

Anyway, before this gets carried away with belittling and insulting any who don't 100% support the idea, I think we could just focus the discussion on the project.
And not beat others up who voice concerns.

I think we all agree that it will be great to hear Carries voice on the radio again with a new song.

JB172

oh pk that is simply not the case once again. Yes, luckily most are excited and see it as an opportunity for both. If you see all the threads on it, some people (hint hint by saying you are not going to say anything yet etc) are trying to insinuate that Miranda only did this to get sales etc and she is a flop without Carrie blah blah. These are not discussions - that is just another round of trashing anyone that is perceived as competition or is simply using Carrie. But I would not expect less so anyway. "Discussions" are talking about what kind of song and video etc etc. But again, anyway, I am hushed again.

Keep preaching it Pam, because you are 1,000,000,000% right.

pklongbeach

oh pk that is simply not the case once again. Yes, luckily most are excited and see it as an opportunity for both. If you see all the threads on it, some people (hint hint by saying you are not going to say anything yet etc) are trying to insinuate that Miranda only did this to get sales etc and she is a flop without Carrie blah blah. These are not discussions - that is just another round of trashing anyone that is perceived as competition or simply using Carrie. But I would not expect less so anyway.

But that may literally be someones feelings.
Why is it percieved around here as wrong? There are no wrong feelings.

(and yes, this is exctly why I said I was going to hold the voices in the back of my head. Cause as much as I say that it is great and wonderful and I am excited to hear it. All you want to focus on is me being a meany for suggesting anything that is not 100% delight.)

pkc4rls

Anyway, before this gets carried away with belittling and insulting any who don't 100% support the idea, I think we could just focus the discussion on the project.
And not beat others up who voice concerns.

I think we all agree that it will be great to hear Carries voice on the radio again with a new song.

And why don't you support it? What are the concerns? Is it just the perceived competition to Carrie or more concerns? I would really like to hear the concerns honestly? Maybe I am missing something on how this might hurt Carrie because on the surface, I saw it as possibly helping her with voters and the industry in general since they obviously like Miranda and lets face it, Miranda certainly doesn't need Carrie's help to win country awards since she is winning them all as of late :( ?

EDIT: I am ready to discuss and not being mean in this asking to discuss. I just could see the automatic petty tone by some but I really do want to discuss legit concerns. I am always 100% primarily for Carrie - always always always I promise - till the very end - but I just don't perceive every move someone makes as an "out to get Carrie move" is all I am saying so I guess I don't get that way of thinking and trying desperately to understand. Can I at least say this again please - Miranda has country awards and that is it so why are we so threatened by her. I guess this hate for Miranda goes deep due to the awards I would guess or it seems that is the reason maybe.

Zman312

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!!!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY ENTERTAINER FOR LIFE!!!!!
I am shocked that Kelly Clarkson is not on the duet...lol

Obviosuly they are trying to make a girl movement and I am all for it. Maybe this will include Carrie in the inner circle. I want a COUNTRY ROCK song because Carrie will kill it. This is also a great PROMO idea and hopefully will lead to Carrie's lead single. I will not be happy if this is a substitute for "New Music". I want ALL Carrie new music. (With that sad, I am a little annoyed that Carrie doesn't include more than 13 songs for her album. Miranda seems to do 15-16 songs; PLEASE Carrie follow Miranda and Taylor on this and give your fan more.)

Also I really didn't want a Miranda duet because this mean Miranda will be more in the spotlight thanks to Carrie. I kind of want the Miranda hype to die down as she have been over rewarded.

But a new Carrie music is a new Carrie music... HOPE it's the NEW single and it SMASHES!!!!

Kizmet311

I am so excited. I really hope it is the second single so there is a new song with Carrie on the radio. Any idea on when we will get to hear it? I haven't been keeping up with when Miranda's CD is supposed to be released. I don't think this will have any impact on whether or not Carrie released her own single and/or album later this year. Carrie and her team (which is a different label under the Sony umbrella) will do what is best for Carrie and what Carrie wants to do, regardless of this duet. The only impact might be to adjust the timing of a lead single for Carrie to allow this duet time to get to the top if it is the second single. I would expect this duet to fly up the charts though, much faster than either a Miranda or Carrie solo cut.

Someone asked earlier in the post and I would also be curious to know - what is the last duet with two female artists to chart at #1 or even in the Top Ten? Would it be Kelly and Reba with Because of You? What about before that?

teesharky

^ Yeah and would we really expect Carrie to go in and take over the song whether live or on the CD when it is really not her song or album. We would be upset if Miranda did that on a Carrie song/album. But I am sure it is a true duet with plenty of parts by Carrie because I doubt Miranda would ask Carrie to be pushed aside to just being backup vocals so to speak and sco is right in that I am sure Carrie will blend the voices as we would think she would.

Agree. And since neither of them wrote the song- there won't be any issues there thank God, pertaining to who gets to sing what part. haha

Honestly I don't care who sings what lines. The producers know Carrie is the better vocalist, but this is Miranda's album and song, so I am just happy Carrie is a part of it.

This will tide us over while we wait for new Carrie music. Very happy about this.

Females rarely duet together in country music, so this is very refreshing! Look out, Bro country radio! haha

pkc4rls

The way I see it is, I have been wanting to see Carrie do a duet, if she is going to do them, with someone that might end up being heard and/or mean something, even if both sides benefit or if one side benefits more then the other (being Miranda's album). I mean doing ones with Loretta, Willie, Tony, etc, are great, but they have gone nowhere as far as getting on radio or being heard or being successful. The one with Willie was great but seems to be dead on the vine also. I mean, we may actually get to hear this one since it is Miranda and Carrie and to me that can only benefit both, including Carrie - because with these two, it has a chance of some success. I just didn't want the feelings for Miranda to overshadow that fact.

pklongbeach

And why don't you support it? What are the concerns? Is it just the perceived competition to Carrie or more concerns? I would really like to hear the concerns honestly? Maybe I am missing something on how this might hurt Carrie because on the surface, I saw it as possibly helping her with voters and the industry in general since they obviously like Miranda and lets face it, Miranda certainly doesn't need Carrie's help to win awards since she is winning them all as of late :( ?

EDIT: I am ready to discuss and not being mean in this asking to discuss. I just could see the automatic petty tone by some but I really do want to discuss legit concerns. I am always 100% primarily for Carrie - always always always I promise - but I just don't perceive every move someone makes as an "out to get Carrie move" is all I am saying so I guess I don't get that way of thinking and trying desperately to understand. I guess this hate for Miranda goes deep due to the awards I would guess or it seems that way.
I really appreicate this. I and really really don't want this duet to fall into yet another session of "if you are not 100% positive than you are a "hater". That attitude is exausing, and it causes so many arguements that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

If I can be honest and heartfelt without being accused of hating peoples guts, It is simply as you would expect it to be; over compensating and overprotection of Carrie and her position in an industry that holds no loyalties towards women or towards her. Of course I over analize. Of course I look for spooks behind every tree. I worry all the time that the very soft winds of change are blowing in other directions than Carries.
I don't know why concerns and fears like these are met with such angst and fury around here. Its perfectly natural to feel that way.
For some, Miranda has become the new foculpoint of that fear. Award wins are only indicators of the ways in which the industrys perceptions are changing away from Carrie. And thats only because Carrie dominated so much at one time. And some just want her to dominate all the time. OF course that is impossible and not even fair really. But a balance would be nice. And I think some just feel like the balance is off. That things have been just too Miranda-based and with this news, that perception grows even stronger in some ways.

I trust that Carrie wanted to be involved in this and is excited by the collaboration with another strong woman in the industry, and that is probably what we should be focused on.
But as I alluded to earlier, that does not mean that in my mind I don't have reservations about what this will continue to mean to peoples perceptions of Carrie as we move into a high-promo stage of Mirandas album release.

JUst in the time we have had this mornings conversations, my own attitude has shifted alot. Dark voices have been quieted by a stronger voice that says Carrie comes away from this as a stronger force and a brighter example of an industry working together to showcase its talents.
So I should be thrilled. And I am.

Exercising ones dark voices does not always mean falling prey to them.
Sometimes leting them out and hearing them, makes them sound silly in the light.

I just hope that Carrie sounds amazing that the song slaughters!

And of course above all I certainly hope it gets released at all!!!!!! ha ha ha ha.....

epicamends

I am so excited. I really hope it is the second single so there is a new song with Carrie on the radio. Any idea on when we will get to hear it? I haven't been keeping up with when Miranda's CD is supposed to be released. I don't think this will have any impact on whether or not Carrie released her own single and/or album later this year. Carrie and her team (which is a different label under the Sony umbrella) will do what is best for Carrie and what Carrie wants to do, regardless of this duet. The only impact might be to adjust the timing of a lead single for Carrie to allow this duet time to get to the top if it is the second single. I would expect this duet to fly up the charts though, much faster than either a Miranda or Carrie solo cut.

Someone asked earlier in the post and I would also be curious to know - what is the last duet with two female artists to chart at #1 or even in the Top Ten? Would it be Kelly and Reba with Because of You? What about before that?

The release date was just announced today - June 3rd. Hopefully we will hear "Something Bad" before then, either through a live performance or an iTunes stream. :)

pkc4rls

Agree. And since neither of them wrote the song- there won't be any issues there thank God, pertaining to who gets to sing what part. haha

Honestly I don't care who sings what lines. The producers know Carrie is the better vocalist, but this is Miranda's album and song, so I am just happy Carrie is a part of it.

This will tide us over while we wait for new Carrie music. Very happy about this.

Females rarely duet together in country music, so this is very refreshing! Look out, Bro country radio! haha

Well, I don't think who wrote it would have any bearing on how it is sung? Or even who is the better vocalist?? But I was more referring to the fact it is Miranda's song so to speak because on her album - so it is not like we wouldn't expect Miranda to take the lead and it mainly be her song but I don't think Miranda would push her to the far back like she is backup either. I would bet she has more respect for Carrie to ask her to do that, as big as Carrie is. That is all I was trying to say.

teesharky

PS- Liveasong noticed something cool: Carrie recorded "Something Good" for Sound of Music, and "Something Bad" for Miranda's duet. haha

That is pretty cool. Yin and Yang.

teesharky

Well, I don't think who wrote it would have any bearing on how it is sung? Or even who is the better vocalist?? But I was more referring to the fact it is Miranda's song so to speak because on her album - so it is not like we wouldn't expect Miranda to take the lead and it mainly be her song but I don't think Miranda would push her to the far back like she is backup either. I would bet she has more respect for Carrie to ask her to do that, as big as Carrie is. That is all I was trying to say.

agree. I was just saying that it really doesn't matter who sings what lines. I am just happy it is happening at all.

And you are right that no one can really legitimately complain if Carrie's part is smaller, as this is Miranda's album. I agree Miranda respects Carrie and her voice alot so she will not have her doing background vocals. haha

lizcarlo

Umm hello people a couple of the most talented country mainstream WOMEN artists are doing song together. I saw them preform together and they were great together. Carrie doesn't duet with anyone she does not want to sing with. You can tell Miranda and Carrie respect each other. Don't you guys notice the warm intros Carrie gives Miranda at award show. Miranda has said several times over how much she admires Carrie. I for one and very happy. I really like the song title. Hopefully they can have it as single. Their Traveling Band duet and their song mesh they did for their concert was very good. I know from seeing that they could be amazing together. Yessss

pkc4rls

I really appreicate this. I and really really don't want this duet to fall into yet another session of "if you are not 100% positive than you are a "hater". That attitude is exausing, and it causes so many arguements that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

If I can be honest and heartfelt without being accused of hating peoples guts, It is simply as you would expect it to be; over compensating and overprotection of Carrie and her position in an industry that holds no loyalties towards women or towards her. Of course I over analize. Of course I look for spooks behind every tree. I worry all the time that the very soft winds of change are blowing in other directions than Carries.
I don't know why concerns and fears like these are met with such angst and fury around here. Its perfectly natural to feel that way.
For some, Miranda has become the new foculpoint of that fear. Award wins are only indicators of the ways in which the industrys perceptions are changing away from Carrie. And thats only because Carrie dominated so much at one time. And some just want her to dominate all the time. OF course that is impossible and not even fair really. But a balance would be nice. And I think some just feel like the balance is off. That things have been just too Miranda-based and with this news, that perception grows even stronger in some ways.

I trust that Carrie wanted to be involved in this and is excited by the collaboration with another strong woman in the industry, and that is probably what we should be focused on.
But as I alluded to earlier, that does not mean that in my mind I don't have reservations about what this will continue to mean to peoples perceptions of Carrie as we move into a high-promo stage of Mirandas album release.

JUst in the time we have had this mornings conversations, my own attitude has shifted alot. Dark voices have been quieted by a stronger voice that says Carrie comes away from this as a stronger force and a brighter example of an industry working together to showcase its talents.
So I should be thrilled. And I am.

Exercising ones dark voices does not always mean falling prey to them.
Sometimes leting them out and hearing them, makes them sound silly in the light.

I just hope that Carrie sounds amazing that the song slaughters!

And of course above all I certainly hope it gets released at all!!!!!! ha ha ha ha.....

Thanks pk for the discussion and I don't want to belittle anyone with real discussions on their concerns but well, in fairness, pk, the stuff about how Miranda is a flop and only doing this to get sales, immediately started and that seemed to be the only concern and no other real concerns or discussions. It is like the dislike of Miranda caused there to be no thoughts or discussion on how this might help Carrie and not just Miranda.

I mean lets get real, how much is one song that is a duet no less really going to help Miranda's sales overall more then likely? And even if it did, only so many people, especially outside country, will want a Miranda album because her voice does not necessarily appeal to mainstream lol. I mean it may help that song I agree but duets usually really probably help both people overall, career wise since it is two people on the song. And probably you are right in the winds changing but that was always going to happen. Carrie was never going to stay the one winning all and getting all the sales and all the radio time (again, history shows it never works that way sadly). But having said that, she does still get more sales then Miranda and probably more radio time?? Anyway, there are always people that start being in the forefront eventually, especially in awards. And again, I really do think that is referring to awards again (sorry but I just do) because I think we all (100%) know Carrie's career is bigger then Miranda's right now, when you set aside COUNTRY awards. If you try to step outside of just looking at country awards, I think you will see that is the case. Miranda is already known to and popular with the country industry but probably mainstream wouldn't care for her anyway with her twang, whether it has one single duet with Carrie or not, so I just couldn't see a duet with Carrie getting her that many overall album sales - but maybe I am completely wrong.

In the end, Miranda is really not my focus as much as it might appear. I am thinking about Carrie only and I can only see how this might help her and not hurt her. We talk about her being outside that group and here she is doing a duet with a person in that so called group and doing it with someone that is popular with country voters, if that is a goal. Yes, Miranda might benefit some in song sales etc also but Miranda might very well help get Carrie another country award also if they get an award on it by the country voters because of Miranda's participation. It may not be the way we wanted her to get another award but I certainly can't complain if it does. I guess she could go back to doing them with only people over 70 lol and with artists where they will probably get no air time sadly (and it is sad they won't play those artists). Shoot me, I want a duet that might actually have a chance of being heard.

But I get that some don't like the fact that they see Miranda as taking away Carrie's deserved awards (it probably is not as simple as that but I get it).

Last edited:

simonplay

Big colaborations this year:

Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan.
Blake Shelton and Shakira.
Carrie and Miranda.