Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on Miranda's new cd - song - "Something Bad"

The Nanook

Chris DeStefano also wrote "Good Girl," which is used in the song a lot differently than its meaning would ordinarily be used (well actually both were used: "He's no Good, Girl, no good for you" and "Hey, Good Girl"). Maybe Something Bad has a similar play on words? I also can't picture the song as anything other than an upbeat rocker, and given their track record it also probably has a pretty strong likelihood of being a boy-basher... I hope they realize that they're both known for their boy bashing songs and that it would be almost too obvious to duet on a song like that. So it would be nice if they steered away from that type of song merely because it would be expected of them. But I do have hope, given Miranda's description of the song as a "force" and the need to "scoot back" and Chris DeStefano and Priscilla Renea's involvement, that it will at least be sonically interesting.

Regardless, I hope the song is different and helps move country music in a different direction - literally any direction away from "bro-country." Like how Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know was probably the biggest player that helped make alternative/indie music become mainstream. Just based on the artists involved, Something Bad has the potential to be the biggest song of the year, and certainly the biggest duet, like Highway Don't Care. Hopefully this means Carrie will finally see another CMA and ACM trophy, even if it's in the duet/collaboration category, since Remind Me was so wrongly snubbed.

Kizmet311

Yeah, but that always means someone starts first and who would that be lol. Because one will appear as an opener to the rival fans regardless of the title etc etc. I can imagine the fights that would start lol

Well, they could rotate opening nights, but you are right in that it could cause some issues. I would like to think that their fan bases overlap more than we think, but I would hate to see one fanbase arriving late or another leaving early after they got to see their favorite.

pkc4rls

Well, they could rotate opening nights, but you are right in that it could cause some issues. I would like to think that their fan bases overlap more than we think, but I would hate to see one fanbase arriving late or another leaving early after they got to see their favorite.

Well, I think they have a little overlap but seeing how Carrie attracts so many fans outside country, I am betting Carrie's fan base is more widespread then Miranda. And boy yes there would be a lot to work out, perception wise, considering how even they are in country lol. Even I, with how much I support this duet, would not want Carrie to be perceived or talked about as opening for Miranda, even if petty lol :). It probably could somehow be worked out I am sure and probably would be a big concert though :) I agree.

countrymusicfan15

Yeah, but that always means someone starts first and who would that be lol? Because one will appear as an opener to the rival fans regardless of the title etc etc. I can imagine the fights that would start lol.

lol they could just switch off. For the first month, Carrie goes first, 2nd month Miranda goes first, etc.

I don't really think either one of them will be concerned with whose going first though lol that'd be pretty superficial.

ETA: Oh I see you were referring to the fans with the fighting comment. that I can agree with!! lol

bubbasumner

I'm am beyond excited for this! I'm happy I was alone when I read the news or I would have embarrassed myself. I can't believe they're wasn't even any speculation about this. It gives me hope that Carrie is farther along in her album process than we think. As for the duet I bet it will be like Remind Me and be an album only track when the album debuts in order for Miranda to get more album sells which is fine by me because I buy all Miranda's albums anyway.

epicamends

Well, as Farawayhills said, if this whole statement by her is referring to that duet, it appears it will probably be rock inspired rather then haunting seeing how it says to scoot back from the front row lol (and your article above calls it a rocker). And we both know, those two like to rock so I am betting they wanted to do a rock inspired (Faraway hills words) song together. Just a perception though.

"We're really rocking in country music and we're coming together as a force," Lambert said. "To me, like, if you're sitting on the front row, you might want to scoot back. It's a force. It just feels exciting to me. I'm ready to rock."

I think it could be both a rocker and haunting, depending on the lyrical subject matter.

Sooo... I can't be the only one thinking that they should co headline a tour...

I was just saying recently how a Kacey/Miranda/Carrie tour would be pretty much the best tour ever. Talk about girl power! ;-)

Yeah, but that always means someone starts first and who would that be lol? Because one will appear as an opener to the rival fans regardless of the title etc etc. I can imagine the fights that would start lol.

A lot of times, co-headliners switch who opens and closes each night. Tbh, I don't think it would be a big deal who goes first to the casual fans, who make up the majority of concert audiences. They could also work it out so that the show is split into say 4 acts, and one plays act 1 and 3 while the other plays act 2 and 4, with collaborations in between.

Of course, we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Nahhhh, we never do that! ;-)

pkc4rls

I think it could be both a rocker and haunting, depending on the lyrical subject matter.

I was just saying recently how a Kacey/Miranda/Carrie tour would be pretty much the best tour ever. Talk about girl power! ;-)

A lot of times, co-headliners switch who opens and closes each night. Tbh, I don't think it would be a big deal who goes first to the casual fans, who make up the majority of concert audiences. They could also work it out so that the show is split into say 4 acts, and one plays act 1 and 3 while the other plays act 2 and 4, with collaborations in between.

Of course, we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Nahhhh, we never do that! ;-)

Well what fans in country are casual fans lol. Yeah, we probably are a little ahead of ourselves.

Yeah, on the duet, you could be right in the type of song. Maybe there will eventually be lyrics out there. I know Carrie fans and they are good "researchers" so I am sure we will know in no time lol.

PRGuy79

I think this will be epic. And I think most casual fans won't realize which album the song is designed to promote - they'll just hear it as the Carrie and Miranda duet. It will likely be viewed by the general public as equal billing. And while Miranda's album will surely benefit, the pre-buzz for Carrie's album will be a booster for her, too. I think this will just further emphasize these two ladies as the powerhouse females of country music today. Very exciting!

Ty

I don't think "Something Bad" is a boy-basher. At least not in the usual sense. Here's Miranda's comments on the album:

"There's humor on this album and nostalgia, and it's feminine," she added. "There's girl power, not in the 'I'm gonna burn your house down and kill you,' but more where I am as a 30-year-old woman and wife. I'm more settled in life, embracing the good and the bad, and that's all reflected on Platinum. I still blaze around -- but in a less chaotic way."

pkc4rls

lol they could just switch off. For the first month, Carrie goes first, 2nd month Miranda goes first, etc.

I don't really think either one of them will be concerned with whose going first though lol that'd be pretty superficial.

ETA: Oh I see you were referring to the fans with the fighting comment. that I can agree with!! lol

Yeah I was referring to fans fighting but I still think it is always a consideration. And I think even they would have their concerns to be honest and it doesn't mean they are being superficial. I mean we know each of their teams would want their artist taken care of as far as perception goes so I do think they would have to work it out.

Wonder how Kenny and Tim handled it? Wonder if they took turns starting first etc. But as epicamends said, we are probably getting ahead of ourselves. Guess we should probably just be concerned about the duet for now lol.

pkc4rls

I think this will be epic. And I think most casual fans won't realize which album the song is designed to promote - they'll just hear it as the Carrie and Miranda duet. It will likely be viewed by the general public as equal billing. And while Miranda's album will surely benefit, the pre-buzz for Carrie's album will be a booster for her, too. I think this will just further emphasize these two ladies as the powerhouse females of country music today. Very exciting!

I kind of agree you are probably right. The listening audience will just hear the song and go by simply if they like the song more then likely.

pklongbeach

We are getting WAY ahead of ourselves with talk of tours, can we please let my poor heart take a few minutes to catch up, ha ha ha ha.......

adam1995

Reba and Kelly Clarkson were on stage together the whole time for their tour. I just hope that the song is similar to "Does He Love You ".

Louisa

Great news! A Carrie & Miranda duet has been a long time coming. I can't wait to hear it.

pkc4rls

We are getting WAY ahead of ourselves with talk of tours, can we please let my poor heart take a few minutes to catch up, ha ha ha ha.......

LOL how funny but I agree. We always seem to then take the next step into what if, what if, what if lol. It would be a battle and is why better left to when or if that "what if" happens. This thread is about the duet so it should be one battle (I mean step lol) at a time I agree :)

teesharky

Well, as Farawayhills said, if this whole statement by her is referring to that duet, it appears it will probably be rock inspired rather then haunting seeing how it says to scoot back from the front row lol (and your article above calls it a rocker). And we both know, those two like to rock so I am betting they wanted to do a rock inspired (Faraway hills words) song together. Just a perception though.

"We're really rocking in country music and we're coming together as a force," Lambert said. "To me, like, if you're sitting on the front row, you might want to scoot back. It's a force. It just feels exciting to me. I'm ready to rock."

I am sure you are right! haha I had not seen the Rolling Stone blurb before I wrote "haunting."

But I suppose it could be a dark, haunting rocking song. Who knows. lol

Either way, rocking sounds good to me!

teesharky

Hmmmm so how will the CMA/ACM voters snub Carrie now? lol Their precious one is on this song with her. Well, they snubbed the Remind Me duet and they love Brad, so....lol

They will find a way. lol Watch they leave Carrie's name off the award or something. lol