Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie to record with Tony Bennett

pklongbeach

One of my favorites also. Here is a full length version that includes the intro and audience applause.

Thanks for this post also.
It gave me chills. Bennett is that last of his kind. Buble is picking up the torch for Frank, Dean, Tony and doing a great job.
I would love to see Buble live.
But Carrie. Did you see Buble react when she popped up the octive? This is what I am talking about. A Vocalist. Someone who knows her instrument. And the big boys are impressed and should be.
Carrie can be a legend. Between the two vids posted here, she has the ability to be a legend. It's time for that perfect album. It's time to remind the world that she is truly "that good"!

JB172

It gave me chills. Bennett is that last of his kind. Buble is picking up the torch for Frank, Dean, Tony and doing a great job.
But Carrie. Did you see Buble react when she popped up the octive? This is what I am talking about. A Vocalist. Someone who knows her instrument. And the big boys are impressed and should be.
Carrie can be a legend. Between the two vids posted here, she has the ability to be a legend. It's time for that perfect album. It's time to remind the world that she is truly "that good"!

My wife is a big Buble fan, we went to see him last year and he puts on one hell of a show, his band/orchestra are incredible.

He has this a capella group called Naturally 7 that opens for him and those guys are amazing.

Jade_kt

Thanks, James. Amazingly talented, isn't he!.

And for those who are confused by that second name there... Anthony Benedetto is his real name [it was Bob Hope that first took Tony on tour, and suggested that he simplify his name to Bennett]. He signs his art as "Benedetto".

Kewl I didn't know Tony Bennett painted. Yes, I'm glad to took Bob Hope's advice. I like Benedetto. It's very Italian but Bennett just flows better.

DaisyTweets

You know what really impresses me about this performance is the fact that at this point, Carrie was what, less than 2 years into her career and she had the instinct to use her instrument in that way? And the other thing that impresses me, she's a country singer but I think at this point in time she showed she's an artist that isn't defined by just one genre.

It just tickles me pink to see the reactions of two great artists to Carrie's obvious talents!

diva101

I cannot wait for this!!! this is so exciting! A legend singing with a Future legend?! this is so awesome! this will go down in history!

Kizmet311

agree. I don't get why Carrie hasn't been on X Factor in UK. Surely Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller can hook her up?

I am a little jaded about country music lately and have definitely been hitting up my classic rock and metal lately. lol But I know how much country music means to Carrie, so I wouldn't want her to change genres just because they are treating her poorly lately.

If Carrie ever left country music----- then the haters and snubbers would win! They would get exactly what they want- to run Carrie out of town. So I hope she stays in the genre forever and keeps on succeeding despite her label's sabotage, and the haters' attempts to bring her down, because that is the best revenge she can exact on those pricks. lol

Would Carrie ever go on X Factor? Don't you think she would probably stay loyal to the 19E shows like Idol and I'm assuming, Pop Idol (if they still have that), in Britain. Or do they just have X Factor now? Either way, I don't know that Carrie would perform on X Factor if it's considered competition for Idol. I guess the question is - are they both 19E produced shows?

pklongbeach

Would Carrie ever go on X Factor? Don't you think she would probably stay loyal to the 19E shows like Idol and I'm assuming, Pop Idol (if they still have that), in Britain. Or do they just have X Factor now? Either way, I don't know that Carrie would perform on X Factor if it's considered competition for Idol. I guess the question is - are they both 19E produced shows?
I see X calling TS in (as Fox has always managed to avoid her), and Carrie would be a definately conflict of interest to be on X. Other than S.Cowell, there would be no connection.
I see Cowell courting TS for a guest spot. He's gonna spend alot of money this fall to make sure that his show takes off.

pklongbeach

You know what really impresses me about this performance is the fact that at this point, Carrie was what, less than 2 years into her career and she had the instinct to use her instrument in that way? And the other thing that impresses me, she's a country singer but I think at this point in time she showed she's an artist that isn't defined by just one genre.

It just tickles me pink to see the reactions of two great artists to Carrie's obvious talents!

100% agree.
Critics and reviewers (and many in country music) have often discredited Carrie "because" of her ability to use her voice in different ways.
They have often compared her to Karaoke cause she could bounce back and forth between a natural country sound and an equally convincing Pop sound.
This has always frustrated me for two reasons:
first because it is as if versatility is a bad thing. Like she can't be authentic if she can sing other styles so well. What a rediculously narrowminded way of thinking.
Second because I personally can still hear her natural country sound when seh sings other styles. She has a matter of fact way of presenting a melody that is typical of country singing. And she uses that train of thought through most of her singing. She nails Sound of Music but I still hear her country roots in it when she is singing. And if these critics and reviewers are worth their salt (and are truely listening) they would hear it to.
So either they don't know what they ar talking about, or they are simply not listening very closely.
Either way it appears they are not doing their jobs very well.