Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie to record with Tony Bennett

Robert

Thanks for this post also.
It gave me chills. Bennett is that last of his kind. Buble is picking up the torch for Frank, Dean, Tony and doing a great job.
I would love to see Buble live.
But Carrie. Did you see Buble react when she popped up the octive? This is what I am talking about. A Vocalist. Someone who knows her instrument. And the big boys are impressed and should be.
Carrie can be a legend. Between the two vids posted here, she has the ability to be a legend. It's time for that perfect album. It's time to remind the world that she is truly "that good"!

You almost have to watch Carrie's part twice, once focusing on Buble reacting, and once on Tony [HUGE grin of delight]. They occur simultaneously..

robinannhunt

I totally agree with you PK. Some critics think that Carrie has not "found herself". Only because she is so versatile. What are they thinking? Legends are built on a talent and Carrie has it. It doesn't matter on the genre but on ability.

teesharky

The critics have never liked Carrie so they create fake reasons to trash her and nit pic everything she does. But they worship SWSRN and never even mention her terrible singing, as if it is ok to ignore the most important part of a singer-- singing! Ugh...

robinannhunt

The critics have never liked Carrie so they create fake reasons to trash her and nit pic everything she does. But they worship SWSRN and never even mention her terrible singing, as if it is ok to ignore the most important part of a singer-- singing! Ugh...

Thay support swsrn even when she tours as a pop star. Can't wait until she comes back from over seas.

pklongbeach

When you watch these two vid's back to back it is very difficult to understand why critics and reviewers of Carrie can always be so critical but can talk a blue streak about the positive sides of both TS and ML.
It's one of the biggest frustrations of being a CU fan.

Gator

One would think that we would see a press release from Carrie's label and/or management for an opportunity this HUGE -- especially for distribution amoung the country-related sites. Why is it that some other artists get PR all over the place? :confused:

robinannhunt

One would think that we would see a press release from Carrie's label and/or management for an opportunity this HUGE -- especially for distribution amoung the country-related sites. Why is it that some other artists get PR all over the place? :confused:

This is a good point!

Kizmet311

I'm sure we will get a press release soon. You know we always seem to hear about this stuff before her label/management gets around to posting it on her official site or the fan club.

cassie2

Staff member
The story is gaining some legs, The Boot has now picked up the story. I know it's just one ignorant comment, but my heart breaks when I repeatedly run into these horrible comments. I just don't understand all the hateful comments posted all over the internet on every Carrie article I read.

Here's an example:
mike4425wat 2-17-2011

This show's you how fast and how far Carrie has fallen! She is now the back up singer for a guy that has not had a hit in 30 years!

Source:Carrie Underwood to Duet With Tony Bennett - The Boot

Here's a few more post from GAC message boards:

+76 Vote up Vote down
VoteOf TheDay · 1 day ago

Vote thumbs up if Miranda Lambert is now a bigger country music star then Carrie Underwood?

+22 Vote up Vote down
JesusSaves · 1 hour ago

I do not want to be mean to Carrie she was a very nice singer at one time! But since all the Carrie fans are picking on Miranda I would like to point out that Miranda is a (((big))) music star and not just a back up singer for Tony Bennett now! http://www.theboot.com/2011/02/17/carrie-underwoo...

+21 Vote up Vote down
Kaley · 18 hours ago

As long as these Carrie trolls are *****ing and moaning we know Miranda is still #1 and Taylor and Reba are 2 and 3. Carrie isnt nominated for EOTY well boo hoo and i thank the country singers,songwriters and critics for not voting for her because they are the ones that know country music best.

Note all the + numbers others have voted on these comments.

The kicker is that these GAC comments are just a sample of comments from( Miranda Fans????) I guess, I see their names on the Miranda Message boards often.

The fan wars are just so weird to me. I look at liveasongs video and am in plan awe of the gift that Carrie is to Country Music, I personally do not know how anyone could view that video and not have admiration for Our Carrie!!