Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

I don't know if we will get anything this year because it seems like we haven't even got song titles yet. She hasn't even talked about her vision and much writing. The last interview I remember she said she wanted to focus on being creative this summer whatever that means. (I think the interview was before her show in Philadelphia) I thought at least we had some title before Smoke Break or even Something in the Water came out. And if she is pregnant like many are speculating I don't know when music will happen.
I have my fingers crossed for at least a new single by the CMAs.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing that you are,MSCarriefan.Songwriting is a process that takes a lot of time & it isn't an overnight process like we all think it is.You can't rush creativity & if you do,the result will be hasty,rushed & will not sound her best if it is rushed.I live in a family full of creative types & if they're anything like Carrie is with her creativity,these things take time & can't be rushed in order to produce their very best efforts & creative types need space & time to really be able to produce an effort that is at the level they're expected to be at.When we finally get new song titles from Carrie herself,we can speculate on when the first single from that album will come out.I know that Carrie will really want to take her time with this new album & era to get it to the place where she feels her sound is at & then be able to cast a vision on what she wants the album to sound like,how she wants everything to look,what stories she wants to tell & who she wants to write with.Speculation is great & everything,but Carrie's timeline is different from ours,& when new music is ready,we will all be excited & ready to hear what's been on her mind & heart!!My fingers are crossed too for a new single by CMA time,but all we can do until she releases anything is at least try to be patient & let our girl do her thing!!In this case,our patience will be rewarded when the time is right & when Carrie is ready for us to hear what she's been working on!!

maddkat

Staff member
Carrie's fallen off the grid this week.Wonder if they're on vacation somewhere.
Come on July 12

I would suspect we're getting no new music until at least early 2018.She's barely talked about the writing.Yeah I can see a new single Jan/Feb and cd drop in May.Much like BA.

teesharky

I don't know if we will get anything this year because it seems like we haven't even got song titles yet. She hasn't even talked about her vision and much writing. The last interview I remember she said she wanted to focus on being creative this summer whatever that means. (I think the interview was before her show in Philadelphia) I thought at least we had some title before Smoke Break or even Something in the Water came out. And if she is pregnant like many are speculating I don't know when music will happen.
I have my fingers crossed for at least a new single by the CMAs.

We did get some titles though. Typo posted them. There is no way UMG will put out nothing this year in my opinion. Just a lead single to tide us over till spring maybe for the album. I cannot imagine they would lose all the momentum
of the signing for nothing.

plus- many UMG clients released several lead singles before the album a d it worked out fine.
a

teesharky

Come on July 12

I would suspect we're getting no new music until at least early 2018.She's barely talked about the writing.Yeah I can see a new single Jan/Feb and cd drop in May.Much like BA.

She is likely on vacation - agree- especially with her anniversary Monday. But I do t agree about no new single this year. She might be surprising us.

Besides we are already screwed out if the Tour DVD clearly- so they have to throw the fans a bone and capitalize on the new label signing. She was busy with hockey and those private shows but there could still be anew song in the works. She needs something to perform at CMAs.9

teesharky

Ps apparently Shania's new album
drops 9:29-- one day before the Grammy cutoff. They could be keeping Carrie's new single until October or November in order to separate it from
Shania's big release. Carrie would miss the Grammy cutoff though sadly.

Come on July 12

It literally feels like she's fallen off the face of the earth this week.No tweets,Facebook posts,Instagram pictures or videos.Its like she's gone radio silent with no date of return.Sorry to be so dramatic,but that's the only way I can describe this drought of her not posting anything on social media.Mike & Carrie's anniversary is next week before the Microsoft event on the 12th,so maybe they went somewhere before that to celebrate it.Just pure speculation on my part,but it's the best guess that I could come up with at the moment.I would highly suspect that we're not getting any new music until at least early next year too,Maddkat.If she's still writing,then that would be a logical conclusion in this case.If she's barely talked about writing songs,then that timeline you described seems about right.Songwriting takes time & I suspect that she's taking her time on this one because she wants to get the sound & the feel of this album right because it's with a new label & a new era so I get why she's taking her time with this one.A single in Jan/Feb with a new cd in May probably sounds about right with this one.Hopefully our guesses aren't too far off with this one.

She is likely on vacation - agree- especially with her anniversary Monday. But I do t agree about no new single this year. She might be surprising us.

Besides we are already screwed out if the Tour DVD clearly- so they have to throw the fans a bone and capitalize on the new label signing. She was busy with hockey and those private shows but there could still be anew song in the works. She needs something to perform at CMAs.9

Like I said before,speculation is great,but it means absolutely nothing unless we hear something personally from Carrie herself or her label.As for the surprise part,I definitely wouldn't mind if she surprised us with a new single to tide us over until a new album comes out because that will whet our appetites & make us even more excited for a new album!!My life has been full of surprises lately,so what's one more surprise,when it may come from Carrie herself!!Who says she has to perform a single at the CMAs?Is there a set rule for this or is it just expected?She doesn't NEED something to perform at the CMAs unless she & her label feel that there's something ready for her to perform & if there isn't,then we will have to wait until there is something ready.Its like you're saying she has to have something to perform at the CMAs or it will be a complete disappointment on Carrie's part if she doesn't have something to satisfy us at that time!!Need is completely different from want & it seems to me that you just want her to perform something at the CMAs & there might not be something ready by then.

Kizmet311

We did get some titles though. Typo posted them. There is no way UMG will put out nothing this year in my opinion. Just a lead single to tide us over till spring maybe for the album. I cannot imagine they would lose all the momentum
of the signing for nothing.

plus- many UMG clients released several lead singles before the album a d it worked out fine.
a

Yeah, but even Typo said that while those might be new to us titles, it might not mean they are for the new album. They could have been for the BA or ST eras.

I have a feeling that it's going to be super quiet around here until CMA time. It appears that they are clearly either on vacation right now or maybe in Oklahoma or Canada visiting family, considering they were both completely silent on social media for the July 4th holiday. Maybe it's an anniversary trip or could be a family trip, who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if UMG goes the route of two lead singles for Carrie's next album, like they have been doing for so many others. I think there is a possibility (pregnancy results pending, haha) that we could get a debut of a lead single at the CMAs or something, then follow that up with single #2 in late winter/early spring of 2018 and an album release in late spring/early summer 2018, hopefully with a Fall 2018/Spring 2019 tour!

txacar

^Speculate is what we do. What a boring world it would be if we had to stop discussing and speculating just because Carrie's album era ended. As to CMAs, she needs to perform there. Award shows are the only times we get to see her perform live!!! (Millions of fans don't have opportunity to see her concerts.) I do hope she has a new song out in time but, if not, I hope she performs something, even if it's a special group number.

maddkat

Staff member
^ if there's no new music by the CMAs CCA would be a good song to sing :) , or Chaser, or Forever Change , or Wine After Whiskey, or a surprise performance of Oklahoma Wind...

I see what you did there...capitalize on the Capitol Nashville signing,lol

Ps apparently Shania's new album
drops 9:29-- one day before the Grammy cutoff. They could be keeping Carrie's new single until October or November in order to separate it from
Shania's big release. Carrie would miss the Grammy cutoff though sadly.

poor Shania's song is going no where, not sure the cd is gonna do much better

Bitterblue

Am I the only one who hopes she won't rely as much on Hillary Lindsey? I think she is still a fantastic artist, but I think to grow more she should adventure out of her comfort zone with Hillary. Not completely, just don't let those songs dominate. I will always love and support our girl, but it would be nice to see some variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddkat

Staff member
^ variety in what way? The songs on Storyteller were very varied.

I have no problems with Carrie continuing to work with Hillary at all as long as they keep producing great songs

rcramer

^ if there's no new music by the CMAs CCA would be a good song to sing :) , or Chaser, or Forever Change , or Wine After Whiskey, or a surprise performance of Oklahoma Wind...<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
I see what you did there...capitalize on the Capitol Nashville signing,lol<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
poor Shania's song is going no where, not sure the cd is gonna do much better
<br><br><br>i never thought Shania's new song was going to do well in the first place... Why they try to come back is beyond me.....<br>
<br>

adam1995

<br><br><br>i never thought Shania's new song was going to do well in the first place... Why they try to come back is beyond me.....<br>
<br>

Shania has every right to make music again. If she wants to comeback, what's the problem? I don't think there's anything wrong with artists coming back and doing what they love.

However, I too, never expected Shania's music to be successful again, I mean she is a woman and over 50, a double whammy.

Also, I really don't think Capitol is holding off on a new Carrie single because of a Shania album. I simply don't expect new music this year because we are on Carrie's schedule, not Capitol's. I bet they are itching to get new music out for Carrie, but they, like us, will need to wait.

Bitterblue

^ variety in what way? The songs on Storyteller were very varied.

I have no problems with Carrie continuing to work with Hillary at all as long as they keep producing great songs

Oh it was extremely varied, way more than the past few albums.
I have no problem with it, its just I'd like to see her expand her comfort zone just a bit.

I am not good with words atm. Can't seem to think right now. Customer service does that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcramer

I guess my whole take on it is why wait this long to try and make new music again... Of course she has every right to do whatever she wants... Time will tell on the new CD....

And lets face it when talking legends or artists from the past, even Reba who has been charting and staying current the most has been having it hard now and days with her music......

Shania has every right to make music again. If she wants to comeback, what's the problem? I don't think there's anything wrong with artists coming back and doing what they love.

However, I too, never expected Shania's music to be successful again, I mean she is a woman and over 50, a double whammy.

Also, I really don't think Capitol is holding off on a new Carrie single because of a Shania album. I simply don't expect new music this year because we are on Carrie's schedule, not Capitol's. I bet they are itching to get new music out for Carrie, but they, like us, will need to wait.

Who says that you can't have a successful career after 50?My mom went back to college a few years ago to get her masters degree in special education & she is in her 60s.If Shania wants to keep making music,then I say more power to her!!If she loves what she's doing & it makes her happy,then who are we to stop her from doing it?If Carrie is in the very beginning stages of writing for her next album,then it might be next year before we hear ANY new music from Carrie.I know that Capitol is probably itching to get new music from Carrie,but it might be awhile for them & us to hear new music from Carrie so we will have to wait just like they will.Like I said in a previous post,you can't rush creativity or the songwriting process because these two things just don't happen overnight,the process for Carrie takes weeks and months to get it to the point that she thinks it sounds the way she wants it to sound & she wants the album to flow & look like.We all know that Carrie is a perfectionist so this whole process might take a lot longer than we thought!!Right now,all we can do is speculate about how all of this is going to go until we get more concrete details.

teesharky

Is it bad that the only Award show "cut off date" I care about anymore is the Grammys? haha CMAs and ACMS haven't nominated a Carrie song or single since Cowboy Casanova, which lost, naturally. lol Screw them.

PS-- I really am still very bummed that it does not seem like we will ever get a Storyteller Tour DVD. It is particularly crushing since I saw the Video crew with my own eyes at MSG backstage.....and got so excited.

Do you think it was scrapped because they blabbed about it on the internet and Carrie's team found out? Or is it because she changed labels?

adam1995

Who says that you can't have a successful career after 50?My mom went back to college a few years ago to get her masters degree in special education & she is in her 60s.If Shania wants to keep making music,then I say more power to her!!If she loves what she's doing & it makes her happy,then who are we to stop her from doing it?If Carrie is in the very beginning stages of writing for her next album,then it might be next year before we hear ANY new music from Carrie.I know that Capitol is probably itching to get new music from Carrie,but it might be awhile for them & us to hear new music from Carrie so we will have to wait just like they will.Like I said in a previous post,you can't rush creativity or the songwriting process because these two things just don't happen overnight,the process for Carrie takes weeks and months to get it to the point that she thinks it sounds the way she wants it to sound & she wants the album to flow & look like.We all know that Carrie is a perfectionist so this whole process might take a lot longer than we thought!!Right now,all we can do is speculate about how all of this is going to go until we get more concrete details.

If you look at country artist who are women and over 50, I think you find very few chart successes in their catalogue. The only exceptions are Reba and Dolly in this millennium to buck the trend. But then again, they are the two biggest female artists ever. Talking about country artists not all women.

And rcramer, sure the chance of success decreases drastically as artists get older, but that should never stop them from making music. Sure, Reba's having trouble, but again she's over 60 and a woman, but I'd be devastated if she never recorded again, as would a lot of other fans. We just need to enjoy Carrie's massive success now, because eventually it will fade, I don't see that anytime soon, but it will happen. And even after it does, I still want to hear from her.