Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

MSCarriefan

^Billy Dukes of TOC said he listened but not reviewing when a fan asked on Twitter right around release day. So I don't know

Hil

^Billy Dukes of TOC said he listened but not reviewing when a fan asked on Twitter right around release day. So I don't know
Yea, Billy basically implied he hated the album, which I find odd. When every song on an album is good how can you hate it, unless you're trigger lol However, he also said luke combs gave a master class when creating his, so I trust nothing he says since almost every song of lukes sounds the same.

CU4ever

^ yeah I actually like her softer side. They really made Faster sound like an early 90s song.
What I would not give for a whole album of songs like Faster. I know Carrie doesn't like love songs like these, but they're my favorite from her. And the production on Faster was just so good. Like you said, it felt like an early 90s song in all the best ways. I need a whole album of songs like it!!

CU4ever

Yea, Billy basically implied he hated the album, which I find odd. When every song on an album is good how can you hate it, unless you're trigger lol However, he also said luke combs gave a master class when creating his, so I trust nothing he says since almost every song of lukes sounds the same.
If someone is praising Combs like that, their opinion immediately goes in the trash. Combs may be popular, but even his fans seemed to have disliked his new album and called it mediocre/repetitive.

liz278

Billy Dukes has been hot/cold when it comes to Carrie. One minute I think he likes everything she does and the next he is cold and doesn't cover anything.

I can't believe how everyone is so obsessed with Luke Combs. The over the top love for him is weird.

Hil

Billy Dukes has been hot/cold when it comes to Carrie. One minute I think he likes everything she does and the next he is cold and doesn't cover anything.

I can't believe how everyone is so obsessed with Luke Combs. The over the top love for him is weird.
Agree 100% with this. A fan asked Billy if he heard the album, he said "I have, and that's all I'm going to say about it." I started to say something to him, but just left it alone. Everyone has different taste, I get that, but I thought his response was odd given how pretty much her entire hardcore fans love the album. Of all her albums this is the one the overall majority agree they love. He is really hot and cold with her, it's weird. And don't even get me started on the Luke thing. The obsession with him makes me enjoy him and his music less than I probably should. Like, he's fine. He comes across the same as every other male in country that sings about beer. That being said I've always listened to the ladies of country & groups more than the men since I was a kid. I have always enjoyed Brad, Keith, Josh Turner, Dierks, Chris Stapleton (even if i got sick of him winning everything). Guys that actually have a sound and songs that sound different. Brad's lyrics are always pretty clever. This was a ramble, but like I said everyone has their own taste. I just don't get what there is to hate about D&R. It's not like Billy is a purist.

Last edited:

liz278

Agree 100% with this. A fan asked Billy if he heard the album, he said "I have, and that's all I'm going to say about it." I started to say something to him, but just left it alone. Everyone has different taste, I get that, but I thought his response was odd given how pretty much her entire hardcore fans love the album. Of all her albums this is the one the overall majority agree they love. He is really hot and cold with her, it's weird. And don't even get me started on the Luke thing. The obsession with him makes me enjoy him and his music less than I probably should. Like, he's fine. He comes across the same as every other male in country that sings about beer. That being said I've always listened to the ladies of country & groups more than the men since I was a kid. I have always enjoyed Brad, Keith, Josh Turner, Dierks, Chris Stapleton (even if i got sick of him winning everything). Guys that actually have a sound and songs that sound different. Brad's lyrics are always pretty clever. This was a ramble, but like I said everyone has their own taste. I just don't get what there is to hate about D&R. It's not like Billy is a purist.
At least acmc_country still is a fan of Carrie! 😊

carriefan14

What a weird and snobby thing for him to say. Even if he didn't like the whole album, surely there was one he finds decent (Burn, HMH, SDK). Those are made for country radio.

I think it's really disrespectful he would say that. Even if he didn't like it, he should have respected her enough as an industry peer - as an artist - to keep a snide remark from Twitter. Hell, Carrie probably brought him some business/page views over the years.

The level of disrespect towards female acts in the country industry SPECIFICALLY makes me sick! So glad I don't give them any business at all. "That's all I'll say about it" sounds very personal and bitter.

Hil

What a weird and snobby thing for him to say. Even if he didn't like the whole album, surely there was one he finds decent (Burn, HMH, SDK). Those are made for country radio.

I think it's really disrespectful he would say that. Even if he didn't like it, he should have respected her enough as an industry peer - as an artist - to keep a snide remark from Twitter. Hell, Carrie probably brought him some business/page views over the years.

The level of disrespect towards female acts in the country industry SPECIFICALLY makes me sick! So glad I don't give them any business at all. "That's all I'll say about it" sounds very personal and bitter.
Yea, and she was tagged in the post.

PRGuy79

Agree. And similarly to the overall snub from major critics and the Metacritic site, saying "nothing" about the album - or including a veiled jab without a proper review - is worse, in my opinion, than a negative review. Ignoring a project completely seems to suggest that the artist is no-longer mainstream or relevant - not worth the time or energy to critique. That is a bad impression to leave - and certainly isn't fair to an artist of Carrie's stature.

For me, the silence is worse than a bad review. I don't care what the critics say, but I want the critics to care enough to say something.

angeliccarrie

Agree. And similarly to the overall snub from major critics and the Metacritic site, saying "nothing" about the album - or including a veiled jab without a proper review - is worse, in my opinion, than a negative review. Ignoring a project completely seems to suggest that the artist is no-longer mainstream or relevant - not worth the time or energy to critique. That is a bad impression to leave - and certainly isn't fair to an artist of Carrie's stature.

For me, the silence is worse than a bad review. I don't care what the critics say, but I want the critics to care enough to say something.
Is there any speculation why they are ignoring the album or Carrie for that matter? I'm a little confused and worried about this.