Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

adam1995

Well, how does one measure a music genre success? By numbers. And those numbers cover several areas that are taken into account to measure success:
chart performance, sales, streaming, units moved and live performances.
Of those areas, country music only has significant expression in live performance (touring and festival).

So, your point? 5 areas, only good at in one? Please... That's "dead", or about to die.
I do not "falsely" claim, like you love to say. Everything I say here is based on facts.
Truth clearly hurts. If you can't take it, that's not my problem. But stop lying about me "falsely" claiming stuff, that's not the first time you acuse me of something. Cardi B was right: "hating didn't work, so they lied".
What you can't take is that your disappointed in Carrie not the numbers. You set expectations too high and got let down. That's what you can't take, so you're mad at the whole genre, which you don't even like anyway. Why do you constantly have to try to prove this point that everyone hates country music just because you do? Also, why does it matter when you, because I'll reiterate again you hate the genre?

But yeah keep quoting the one we're all here to talking about...Cardi B.

CarrieAddicted

What you can't take is that your disappointed in Carrie not the numbers. You set expectations too high and got let down. That's what you can't take, so you're mad at the whole genre, which you don't even like anyway. Why do you constantly have to try to prove this point that everyone hates country music just because you do? Also, why does it matter when you, because I'll reiterate again you hate the genre?

First, I don't try to prove that "everyone hates country music", because music is subjective and I respect that. I tried to further point out that the genre is dead when it comes to commercial performance, and I only further commented on a topic that other people here were talking about (did you see my first post today? I quoted a member). I simply joined a conversation about country music's current climate. I didn't simply pop here outta the blue saying it's dead.

Second, I'm still disappointed in Carrie's commercial performance, yes, and that's my prerogative as a fan. I didn't set my exceptions too high this era. If you look at my past posts here on this thread, you'll see that. I wasn't expecting 100k, 200k or nothing higher. If she had pulled, like, 80k in any other week, she woulda been top 2 all-genre and #1 country. But what's done is done.

I'm not "mad" at country music, I'm just concerned because that's the genre Carrie chose, so her future matters to me. Yes, yes, what matters most is the quality of her work and her artistry, but that's a given, since we know she's too good. But, really, what fan doesn't want to see one their favorite artist succeed commercially? Yes, I don't like country music, but I love Carrie, so I feel like commenting on the genre, since, again, it's the one she chose.

Finally, I can quote any person here, I've been quoting several different songs here throughout the years when commenting.

Burst

Literally all of us are disappointed by the numbers. Not a single one of us anticipated the album doing this poorly. I was told I was way undervaluing her for predicting 70k for the album first week, and she probably won’t even clear that total by the end of the year. They have a point. Country is a dying genre. Pointing out faults with the genre doesn’t mean they hate it.

Cardi B also is very quotable. People bring up Miranda and Maren and others all the time here.

—-

On topic:
Looks like vinyl sales didn’t do much. I’d love for her to have the second single added to TTH on Spotify.

CarrieAddicted

Literally all of us are disappointed by the numbers. Not a single one of us anticipated the album doing this poorly. I was told I was way undervaluing her for predicting 70k for the album first week, and she probably won’t even clear that total by the end of the year. They have a point. Country is a dying genre. Pointing out faults with the genre doesn’t mean they hate it.

Cardi B also is very quotable. People bring up Miranda and Maren and others all the time here.

—-

On topic:
Looks like vinyl sales didn’t do much. I’d love for her to have the second single added to TTH on Spotify.
Thank you, honey.

By the way, I got my tickets for the D&R tour and received my CD last week.

adam1995

—-

On topic:
So, if the whole genre is dead, does it matter how bad Carrie's numbers are? Because they're on par with her peers. Pointing out faults doesn't mean someone hates anything sure, but that poster has said Carrie is literally the only country artist they listen to, so I'd imagine they aren't a fan of country and they do constantly try to run the genre down as dead and dying just because it doesn't stream as much as rap or pop.

Burst

So, if the whole genre is dead, does it matter how bad Carrie's numbers are? Because they're on par with her peers. Pointing out faults doesn't mean someone hates anything sure, but that poster has said Carrie is literally the only country artist they listen to, so I'd imagine they aren't a fan of country and they do constantly try to run the genre down as dead and dying just because it doesn't stream as much as rap or pop.
She is also the only country artist I listen to but it doesn’t mean I hate country. The point is we all thought she was above her peers because she always walked the line and country and pop and has mass appeal. I don’t just want to see her do better than her peers, I want to see her do great for herself in general

adam1995

She is also the only country artist I listen to but it doesn’t mean I hate country. The point is we all thought she was above her peers because she always walked the line and country and pop and has mass appeal. I don’t just want to see her do better than her peers, I want to see her do great for herself in general
And she has. She's one of the most well recognized country artists in the world. I'd bet if we asked a non country fan, one that doesn't listen to country at all, and asked them whether they heard of Carrie or Luke Combs, I guarantee most would know Carrie before Luke, or Morgan Wallen, or Miranda Lambert, or whoever. She has done wonderfully for herself. She's just in a different season of her career, doesn't mean she isn't succeeding. Reliance on numbers will eventually lead to disappointment.

CarrieAddicted

Yes, it matters. She was always ahead of curve, she always sold more than any other country artist (except for Taylor). But the industry changed and her labels didn't move a finger to try to make her catch up, so now in the streaming era. when sales don't matter anymore, she's pulling abysmal numbers. The genre is dying and so is her commercial performance.
If her labels had been working to make her better at streaming, she could have moved about 70-80k first week (with streaming) and would have cracked the all-genre top 2. Carrie could be the leading streaming female country artist that would be on par with Morgan and Combs, why not?
Combs just debuted at number two, so no, she's not on par with her peers.

Again accusing me. I don't try to "run the genre down". It's a fact. "Numbers don't lie, check the scoreboard" (Jay-Z). No country artist is charting significantly on the Hot 100 or Billboard 200, no country artist is streaming well (except for Morgan/Combs), no one is selling. So, yes, it's dead or close to dying, saved only by live concerts.

rcramer

Her whole career is nothing but amazing in every aspect of life……

streaming is one part that Country music has never really pushed sadly. Thankfully that did not tarnish her career… She’s right there with the best….. And hands down one of the best Entertainers this world has seen….

and even in the whole musical industry Carrie is a vocal prodigy. And now onto a legend……

CarrieAddicted

She could. Will be interesting to see what she does for this tour. She's the best in the game.
I just know she'll kill it this tour, she outdoes herself every single tour.
Yes, she the best. All-genre Top 5 best entertainers and artists. Periodt.
That's why I set my expectations too high for her, cause she too good.
And that's why she has so many non-country fans, like me and Burst. She has that appeal no other country artist has.

rcramer

Yep, best in the business. Not to mention a wonderful mother. and remained true to herself….

Always remember her dad said she would take the world by storm. Then came Simon Cowells infamous prediction.

CarrieAddicted

Yep, best in the business. Not to mention a wonderful mother. and remained true to herself….

Always remember her dad said she would take the world by storm. Then came Simon Cowells infamous prediction.
I just adore her, and love her relationship with her sons and Mike.
Plus, she's remained so humble and down to earth, ugh, I love that. The way she talks, you can imagine being friends with her.

Her interview with that UK radio this week just further proves that. She the cutest.

CarrieAddicted

Last tour everybody waved at me, including the DJ who shot a shirt at me, except for Carrie. This will be my year 😂
lmaaooo! was it the same dj from the storyteller tour? lol

not only did she take my phone and took two selfies with me on the st tour, but she took the present I had brought her. uuuuugh, I love her
an arena filled with 20k people, and she did all that!!! I felt like the luckiest person on earth.

FanSince04

lmaaooo! was it the same dj from the storyteller tour? lol

not only did she take my phone and took two selfies with me on the st tour, but she took the present I had brought her. uuuuugh, I love her
an arena filled with 20k people, and she did all that!!! I felt like the luckiest person on earth.
I’m not sure. I didn’t go to that tour.

Hil

Coming on here is like watching a dog chase it's tail. lol She was never going to sell more than everyone else this time around. In 2015 she was selling 164 her first week in sales. Things have obviously changed majorly since then. She never crossed over, and she makes half pop music to sell to a country audience with this album. She said on Bobby Bones she loves the freedom to not worry about sales etc. Yes, her label(s) should have worked on her streaming when it first came on the scene. It's kind weird country never worried about that. That being said, even if nobody listens to country radio, we still have an album with some great country hits. She's selling with all of her peers. Seems like from now on she'll just have to make a double album to keep up, or make a pop version and a country version so she'll have more songs. Either way this era will be fine. I wish she could have released in the fall, but that wouldn't have worked as well for the tour. It is what it is, but either way this era is fine. Some expectations on this site when it comes to numbers need to be tapered. And stop acting like she's flopping lol Gracious.