Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

PRGuy79

the hits of #D&R always were Crazy Angels and Pink Champaing. So any video in tiktok, any possible trend should be one of these songs.
YES! If these had been singles #1 and #2, I think the era would have been far more successful. It would have allowed Carrie to lean in to the retro vibe and I think the general public would have made the connection to what she was trying to do with the era. Both songs are so fun and catchy.

PRGuy79

I think if Crazy Angels was the first single, the whole era would have done so much better.
I agree. The misfire began with the release of the ONLY song Carrie didn't co-write - which is odd in and of itself. What kind of message does it send that the only song she didn't have a hand in creating was selected as the LEAD single? And it didn't reflect the era at all - in style or content. Crazy Angels is a bop and it reflects the era in every way. It would have set a much different tone from the outset.

PRGuy79

On another note: I ordered the deluxe version of the CD from her website store on September 23 and it shipped today. So, not only is the CD unavailable in stores, it takes more than two weeks to ship. Not a great structure built to sustain commercial viability for an artist of Carrie's caliber.

CU4ever

Well, in a typical UMG fashion, it appears they have made the stupid decision to drop OOTT for no good reason when it was doing fine. Considering this, I guess this era is officially over.

montdu39

Well, in a typical UMG fashion, it appears they have made the stupid decision to drop OOTT for no good reason when it was doing fine. Considering this, I guess this era is officially over.
All newer song releases were flying past OOTT on the charts. I’m guessing she will release D&H to radio now and see what happens with that one.

CU4ever

All newer song releases were flying past OOTT on the charts. I’m guessing she will release D&H to radio now and see what happens with that one.
I am thinking the era is over. UMG might have pulled this because of the deluxe’s bad sales idk.

Hil

I don't understand where you got this information. That's not what is being said by some people who are in the know with labels on twitter.

CU4ever

I don't understand where you got this information. That's not what is being said by some people who are in the know with labels on twitter.
Would you mind sharing that info of those people in the know with the labels? That would be amazing! I am just assuming it is pulled since it was doing great last week and now it has lost 150 spins/450K in audience overnight which is what happens when a song is pulled. It didn’t gradually have bad days it was doing fine then these huge losses overnight out of the blue

Hil

Would you mind sharing that info of those people in the know with the labels? That would be amazing! I am just assuming it is pulled since it was doing great last week and now it has lost 150 spins/450K in audience overnight which is what happens when a song is pulled. It didn’t gradually have bad days it was doing fine then these huge losses overnight out of the blue
His name is Brett and his handle is @bmilie2014. It's in reply to a post similar to yours.

harissacbr

Cant stop wondering how did both Ghost Story and Wanted Woman make it to the standard edition of Denim & Rhinestones, while GREAT songs such as Drunk & Hungover, Damage and Give Her That didn’t

CU4ever

His name is Brett and his handle is @bmilie2014. It's in reply to a post similar to yours.
I don’t see anything about it not being pulled though. I, of course, could be wrong. I’d love to be!😅 but these updates are really…not looking good :(

Hil

I don’t see anything about it not being pulled though. I, of course, could be wrong. I’d love to be!😅 but these updates are really…not looking good :(
Seems odd to pull a song they're making a video for, but whatever lol

Hil

I revised my list since the deluxe has been released. I feel like some change positions, particularly the first two go back and forth a lot. The songs having been out a bit I feel like I can make a more honest list now, and not just favoring what's new, even though it may appear that way lol

1. Give Her That
2. Drunk & Hungover
3. Out of That Truck
4. Velvet Heartbreak
5. Burn
6. Damage
7. Hate My Heart
8. Take Me Out
9. Crazy Angels
10. Pink Champagne
11. Ghost Story
12. She Don't Know
13. Denim & Rhinestones
14. Wanted Woman
15. Garden
16. Poor Everybody Else
17. Faster

I didn't include the live version since it's the same song. I love live Carrie though, as good or better than the recording.

PRGuy79

1. Pink Champagne
2. Crazy Angels
3. Velvet Heartbreak
4. Drunk & Hungover
5. Take Me Out
6. Out of That Truck
7. Ghost Story
8. Denim & Rhinestones
9. Faster
10. Garden
11. She Don't Know
12. Damage
13. Hate My Heart
14. Wanted Woman
15. Give Her That
16. Poor Everybody Else
17. Burn

CU4ever

1. Out of That Truck
2. Crazy Angels
3. Drunk and Hungover
4. Burn
5. Damage
6. Faster
7. Give Her That
8. Take Me Out
9. Denim & Rhinestones
10. Pink Champagne
11. Ghost Story
12. Velvet Heartbreak
13. Hate My Heart
14. She Don't Know
15. Garden
16. Wanted Woman
17. Poor Everybody Else

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

I was just curious, what songs, if any, do y'all think will become iconic Carrie songs/staples from this era? Like how Carrie always still performs Blown Away from the Blown Away era, Something in the Water from GH (rather than Little Toy Guns ever), Church Bells from the Storyteller era, and Cry Pretty from the Cry Pretty era, etc on tour. It's not to say she doesn't perform other songs from these eras, but for instance, she doesn't go around singing songs like All-American Girl, See You Again, or Heartbeat as much as the others, lol.

I honestly don't know what songs from this era she'd keep performing. Ghost Story, maybe?