Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

monkeyboy16

The promotion for My Gift and My Savior was during the pandemic where she could pre-record a bunch of performances and send them off to the various talk shows. It was easy, prob 1-2 days of recording. But now that everything is back to “normal” I’d say it’s up to her if she wants to go all out with live interviewes etc. I hope she goes all out with the next album

Hil

I do kinda I’d hope she puts more of her efforts into Tik Tok promo next era, as this era felt very Instagram focused, and that social media app has been on the decline for a while now. Really her marketing team could just come up with content related to her music to post, and all she’d have to do it just record it real quick. Still pretty low effort.
Even though I don't mess with TikTok, like, at all lol I agree.

DirtyLaundry

If you look at the artists that get consistent promo beyond what Carrie does, many of them are staging paparazzi photos and much of the PR around them is focused on their personal lives or whatever elements they decide to present to the world. It’s not remotely rooted in authenticity. I think perhaps it’s time to accept that Carrie simply doesn’t value fame enough to play that game. Because the truth is that a large portion of what makes people ultra-famous is creating narratives in the media, real or not real, and creating a false sense of connection.

She said herself in a recent interview that she doesn’t talk to her kids about her work and it’s not what she wants them to remember. She wants them to remember her and how she made dinner. I think it’s admirable that in the face of all her success and fame she wants her kids to grow up with the same normalcy she did.

She works hard. She did her tour and still doing her residencies into next year, still playing festivals etc. She’s released a ton of music over the past few years. The other piece is that streaming has killed revenue and the way people make money is based on shows — so there’s a good chance her label and her just focus their energies where it counts the most.

Commercial success isn’t everything. Carrie had a TON of it in her career. Would it be nice if kept on going forever? Sure. But it’s pretty clear Carrie does not want to be defined by her work and you simply cannot have it all.

PRGuy79

If you look at the artists that get consistent promo beyond what Carrie does, many of them are staging paparazzi photos and much of the PR around them is focused on their personal lives or whatever elements they decide to present to the world. It’s not remotely rooted in authenticity. I think perhaps it’s time to accept that Carrie simply doesn’t value fame enough to play that game. Because the truth is that a large portion of what makes people ultra-famous is creating narratives in the media, real or not real, and creating a false sense of connection.

She said herself in a recent interview that she doesn’t talk to her kids about her work and it’s not what she wants them to remember. She wants them to remember her and how she made dinner. I think it’s admirable that in the face of all her success and fame she wants her kids to grow up with the same normalcy she did.

She works hard. She did her tour and still doing her residencies into next year, still playing festivals etc. She’s released a ton of music over the past few years. The other piece is that streaming has killed revenue and the way people make money is based on shows — so there’s a good chance her label and her just focus their energies where it counts the most.

Commercial success isn’t everything. Carrie had a TON of it in her career. Would it be nice if kept on going forever? Sure. But it’s pretty clear Carrie does not want to be defined by her work and you simply cannot have it all.
This is well thought out and well-stated. And you might be right. It is just a hard adjustment - especially considering the tone of the news release when she left Sony to sign with Capitol. They seemed to be promising the world - literally. Domination seemed to be the plan - including a quote from Carrie that acknowledged the competitive drive of the Universal team, which seemed to imply that Sony had limited her reach. So while you are likely right at this point (because nothing else about Capitol's promotional strategy has made sense), it is a stark contrast to what was promised in the beginning. And I get it - people and circumstances change. It is just an awkward adjustment for the fans who are watching from the sidelines without knowledge of the behind-the-scenes conversations and strategy. And sad because we know what Carrie is capable of.

CU4ever

My local station is doing a special radio thing for Thomas Rhett today, I guess he released a greatest hits album, so they're playing all of those 20 number ones all day. I wish UMG had organized some special radio deal like this for the deluxe release last week, especially since only a few weeks ago Ashley McBryde's label did something similar for her album release

liz278

I saw that Carrie asked people to tag her on tik tok, have any of you seen anything? Would love to see what people put on there.

CU4ever

No entry for D&R deluxe on the billboard 200 🥲
Didn't debut on top 25 country albums either :/ Of course, it has really tough competition with multiple Taylor Swift (who is a pop artist) albums, multiple Wallen, Combs, and Bryan albums

Hil

It wasn't sold at stores. Basically just extra streaming and fans who will buy the vinyl. I guess cd's too. So, not really shocked at all.

CU4ever

The problem is there needs to be a tiktok trend with a song for it to go viral. Every song has videos on tiktok, but not every song goes viral. Megan Moroney’s song that got her a record deal and a #1, became a trend for people to post their partners to the chorus, etc

Eder Rodrigues

The problem is there needs to be a tiktok trend with a song for it to go viral. Every song has videos on tiktok, but not every song goes viral. Megan Moroney’s song that got her a record deal and a #1, became a trend for people to post their partners to the chorus, etc
Not necessarily, because when a song starts getting used in videos frequently, it becomes "trending," and TikTok ends up recommending it for use in more videos. But yeah, a trend can make it go viral more easily.

Eder Rodrigues

Do you know how 2M compares to other country artists’ followers? I’ve never used TikTok so I have no idea
Not an official list, but here are some names

3.3 Reba McEntire
3.0 Dolly Parton
2.8 Shania Twain
2.3 Kelsea Ballerini
2.1 Lainey Wilson
2.0 Carrie Underwood
1.9 Priscilla Block
1.7 Miranda Lambert
1.2 Ashley Cooke
734k LeAnn Rimes
474k Carly Pearce
428k Jesse James Decker
332k Sara Evans
305k Gabby Barrett
300k Maddie & Tae

CU4ever

Not necessarily, because when a song starts getting used in videos frequently, it becomes "trending," and TikTok ends up recommending it for use in more videos. But yeah, a trend can make it go viral more easily.
I also think they may be pushing the wrong song for a tiktok trend honestly. I know any can but I feel like OOTT might have been the best attempt