Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

countrymusicfan15

Damage takes me all the way back to Some Hearts!!! The first time I listened to it were with some not-so-great-headphones. Listening again on a nice speaker and ahhh it’s amazing 🥰
Also, OOTT sounds absolutely perfect right after Damage. Like the ultimate 1-2 punch

Burst

To put it bluntly, the streaming numbers for the new songs are awful.

Drunk and Hungover got 100k but has somewhat heavy playlisting. Damage got 12k which is less than most album tracks get. It’s 1/5 of what Church Bells got yesterday. SDK live got 5k.

Eder Rodrigues

Drunk and Hungover got 100k but has somewhat heavy playlisting. Damage got 12k which is less than most album tracks get. It’s 1/5 of what Church Bells got yesterday. SDK live got 5k.
I just saw this and I'm completely shocked. Still thinking this is some kind of mistake. So sad...

Burst

I just saw this and I'm completely chocked. Still thinking this is some kind of mistake. So sad...
I’m very shocked by Damage. I was expecting 150k for Drunk and Hungover and at least 50-60k for Damage.. mixed with no one being able to find the album in Target (again), I’m thinking the possibility of her missing the BB200 is growing.

PRGuy79

I wish I was surprised, but the label's promotional strategy seems to center around the novel idea of a glorified photo booth set up in a single city only accessible to fans who happen to wander past. Capitol Nashville has to do better. Period. Carrie has brought the artistry with the music, but the promotional team has failed her this era. Nothing about the promotion has felt inspired or connected. I would describe it as half-hearted and disconnected. And the numbers don't lie.

Hil

Damage takes me all the way back to Some Hearts!!! The first time I listened to it were with some not-so-great-headphones. Listening again on a nice speaker and ahhh it’s amazing 🥰
Also, OOTT sounds absolutely perfect right after Damage. Like the ultimate 1-2 punch
This song actually reminds me of Wasted. Throw some fiddle in and it would even more lol

From my understanding the Deluxe is only available online to buy and stream

CU4ever

I wish I was surprised, but the label's promotional strategy seems to center around the novel idea of a glorified photo booth set up in a single city only accessible to fans who happen to wander past. Capitol Nashville has to do better. Period. Carrie has brought the artistry with the music, but the promotional team has failed her this era. Nothing about the promotion has felt inspired or connected. I would describe it as half-hearted and disconnected. And the numbers don't lie.

I agree. The simple fact that the CD cannot be found in stores speaks volumes and perfectly sums up the lackluster promo done with this era. This hasn’t happened to other artists with their new CDs. I’d bet a lot of fans / casual fans don’t even know there was a deluxe edition, just like many didn’t know there was a new album last June.

As someone who has been around for the release of every album since Play On, the difference in promo is extremely clear. It almost feels nonexistent or like the promo budget is $12. I’m sure people will say Carrie doesn’t want to do much promo, but I believe she would be fine doing a week of really good promo.

And yeah, the fact is, the numbers do not lie. They really show how little the little promo worked. My biggest fear is that this is an issue they don’t correct next era.

PRGuy79

I agree. The simple fact that the CD cannot be found in stores speaks volumes and perfectly sums up the lackluster promo done with this era. This hasn’t happened to other artists with their new CDs. I’d bet a lot of fans / casual fans don’t even know there was a deluxe edition, just like many didn’t know there was a new album last June.

As someone who has been around for the release of every album since Play On, the difference in promo is extremely clear. It almost feels nonexistent or like the promo budget is $12. I’m sure people will say Carrie doesn’t want to do much promo, but I believe she would be fine doing a week of really good promo.

And yeah, the fact is, the numbers do not lie. They really show how little the little promo worked. My biggest fear is that this is an issue they don’t correct next era.
Mine too. And the shift next era has to be radical or she will be a legacy artist by the end of the next album cycle. The rapid step-back from commercial viability this era has been staggering.

CU4ever

Mine too. And the shift next era has to be radical or she will be a legacy artist by the end of the next album cycle. The rapid step-back from commercial viability this era has been staggering.
And the most frustrating part is, it was voluntary. I can’t say they gave it their all with promo and did a really creative, strong job at promoting this era, and it just didn’t work. They didn’t do anything noteworthy to me. I’m not expecting the level of promo Taylor Swift gets, but the fact that so much is done for her music shows it’s possible to promote music in many ways. And we’ve seen the way her old albums were promoted when released, we know what’s possible.

I still don’t understand how it seems My Gift had more promo from the label/her team than this album did.

Promoting a new era properly is an easy thing to fix, but I have a bad feeling they won’t. Maybe Carrie/her team is aware of this era’s “success” from their promo and will want a more aggressive promotion next era, but I’m not sure.

Burst

Agreed. I’m so surprised how little her label puts into her. Promo like photo booths or ads in New York on billboards is a waste of time.

She needs stronger playlisting, and physical CDs in stores for her non-streaming fans. It’s a shame her team seems to be stuck in 2005.. but somehow worse since they won’t even give her physical CDs in stores anymore.

CU4ever

Here I am wishing they’d do vinyls, multiple cover vinyls, etc with CDs and we can’t even get the original CD in the store. The fact that it didn’t happen for any other big releases speaks volumes. Like how does that even happen. At this point I have to wonder if it was a budget choice and UMG just thought they’d skip spending the money shipping to stores and if fans wanted one they’d order online

Hil

And the most frustrating part is, it was voluntary. I can’t say they gave it their all with promo and did a really creative, strong job at promoting this era, and it just didn’t work. They didn’t do anything noteworthy to me. I’m not expecting the level of promo Taylor Swift gets, but the fact that so much is done for her music shows it’s possible to promote music in many ways. And we’ve seen the way her old albums were promoted when released, we know what’s possible.

I still don’t understand how it seems My Gift had more promo from the label/her team than this album did.

Promoting a new era properly is an easy thing to fix, but I have a bad feeling they won’t. Maybe Carrie/her team is aware of this era’s “success” from their promo and will want a more aggressive promotion next era, but I’m not sure.
I just need to know what you guys want her to do for promo? I'm not asking to be rude lol i'm just curious. She did the Today Show, and she's being interview on SNF which has about 16-20 mil viewers. Also, what did they do for My Gift to get it more promo? I guess I don't know much about promo so just wondering

CU4ever

I just need to know what you guys want her to do for promo? I'm not asking to be rude lol i'm just curious. She did the Today Show, and she's being interview on SNF which has about 16-20 mil viewers. Also, what did they do for My Gift to get it more promo? I guess I don't know much about promo so just wondering
I feel like My Gift had a lot more noise. I remember a lot of online performances, it even got a second promo round the year after, they had the HBO Max special, the ring commercial, the CD was actually available in the store (Carrie got to take her picture!), the John legend duet/music video, etc. Not to mention this was in 2020 of all years, so promo was really handicapped

For more promo, I’d like a respectable degree of what we see for Taylor Swift. I know they’re not the same caliber so I can’t expect nearly that much. But I’d like the CD in store, multiple vinyls, covers, a push on tiktok (this is something labels definitely do to promote artists and songs often, both country and pop, I see it all the time) & a streaming push, etc. We need social media utilized to promote her and her music. I saw so many people who simply just did not know she had a new album out and probably do not know there is a deluxe out. But SNF is very good promo.

angeliccarrie

I'm starting to wonder if there will be a next era. Nobody seemed to care about this one and the sad part, D&R wasn't a bad album at all.

PRGuy79

It's not about her - it's about her label and management. And I think she needs to consider a shake-up with both. Promotion is about cohesion and building up to a launch. It is about more than any single one-off event or activity. To me, this era has felt like a few one-off promos that did not seem to link together to build upon each other and create momentum. The individual activities never seemed to build a buzz outside of the hard-core fanbase. The strategy seemed random, old-fashioned and lacking a long-term strategy - in my opinion.

LilUnderwood

I don’t think having cds in store would help honestly most people I know don’t buy cds anymore since most people don’t have places to play it. Most music is consumed by streaming. Also I see a lot of complaints about the multiple variants that Taylor’s team does. I think trying to get streaming up is what would help.

Also from her recent podcast interview it doesn’t sound like Carrie is stopping anytime soon! She will keep making music I’m sure and yes it’s not number 1 but people are still coming out to her shows (look at her residency and tour). I think Carrie has a lot of control over what she wants to do and maybe how things are is how she wants them to be.
Just my opinion

Reactions: Hil