Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Zach1998

Alright. Gave “Damage” a break since I’ve been replaying it so much since Friday, and focused on D&H, and idk I love it too. It feels like old Carrie too, the writing, the production. These deluxe tracks have really brought excitement back for me for her music.

I loved the standard D&R, but I do agree with the public her work now did feel like a departure from her signature stuff, the deluxe tracks helped her come back to her roots.

FanSince04

Damage takes me all the way back to Some Hearts!!! The first time I listened to it were with some not-so-great-headphones. Listening again on a nice speaker and ahhh it’s amazing 🥰
Also, OOTT sounds absolutely perfect right after Damage. Like the ultimate 1-2 punch
Do you mean in your opinion they sound good after each other? On the actual album, OOTT comes before Damage.

FanSince04

I wasn’t expecting the deluxe edition to get much buzz considering how the original performed. However, the industry has changed a lot. Carrie places her priorities on different things than other musical artists do (family). I believe this plays a lot into promo. The artists Carrie’s promo is being compared to (Taylor Swift) are very career-centered and don’t have other competing interests. I, personally, am choosing to enjoy whatever she chooses to do such as: albums, Carrie’s Country, Reflection residency (haven’t been), tours, and whatever else comes our way!

Burst

Streaming for the new songs continues to be awful (both fell about 50%), but since OOTT was boosted on the Hot Country Songs playlist, it continues to get 170k a day, which may help a bit with charting this week. Keep streaming the entire album!

Hil

Carrie just told Cris Collinsworth he can be on her next album. Next era confirmed lol

Some of y'all are wild with the doom gloom. I'm not making fun, because if you're truly worried then I feel for you. Carrie is making music and still selling as much as the girlies. Perhaps there needs to be better streaming promo, I dunno, but she's not quitting. For me personally, her music just keeps getting better. I'm in love with the deluxe. Would I love for her to be winning awards and be at the top FOREVER?! Absofreakinglutely lol However, half of that is kinda fake. I'm fine with Carrie making music, being a happy normal person living a pretty semi-normal life. As long as we get music, I'm good as a fan. I personally dont think the promo was that bad. Sometimes I selfishly wish she did a little more on socials just because I think she has a pretty witty sense of humor that a lot of casuals don't know, but in general, given the writers strike, I think she did pretty okay. The SNF promo was about 15 million people more than she would have reached via daytime and late night shows combined. Streaming I think could be worked on, even if I don't know how that is achieved. Maybe a tiktok guru on her social media team could help with that platform. I do think her team could be more active and creative there

Last edited:

CU4ever

Sometimes I selfishly wish she did a little more on socials just because I think she has a pretty witty sense of humor that a lot of casuals don't know, but in general, given the writers strike, I think she did pretty okay. The SNF promo was about 15 million people more than she would have reached via daytime and late night shows combined. Streaming, I think could be worked on, even if I don't know how that is achieved. Maybe a tiktok guru in her social media peeps could help with that platform. I do think her team could be more active and creative there
Very good points all around here, I totally agree. I just want to see Carrie more. I kind of miss her a lot this era. I know she’s doing tour and the residency but those aren’t things where everyone can see and hear from her. That’s kind of why I’d like her to be a little more active on social media. Promote her stuff there. Try to promote her music on tiktok, because, man, that is a missed opportunity. I mean just with country tiktok has saved and revitalized careers the last few years, all around. Megan Moroney got a record desl because of it.

But I loved her doing this SNF stint today, so freaking much. I loved her getting to be seen at a really popular, high profile event. I mean, SNF is the only thing America still even watches live anymore. It’s so huge. I’d just like to see her do more things like that, in whatever form it may be.

I mean, the comments on the tweet SNFonNBC made about her shows how popular she is lol. People love seeing her and she’s still a household name, so I’d like to see her get more opportunities (if she wants to) like that to promote her career, if that makes sense lol

Reactions: Hil

The Nanook

While I agree that promoting an album or performing songs can boost exposure, I'd guess that x dollars invested in promo for an artist like Carrie doesn't go as far anymore compared to a new, hot up and coming artist who is trying to build up their catalog/name and can more easily gain new fans. Artists make money from touring now, and I'd wager that Carrie getting one or two more big hits (e.g. IIDLY) isn't going to suddenly build a ton of new fans or convince someone to buy a tour ticket if they were never interested over the entire course of Carrie's career. UNLESS Carrie drastically changed her sound on the next album (a la Taylor with Folklore/Evermore putting her on this trajectory to an even higher career peak), but I don't expect that to happen for another few albums at least. People don't watch tv or award shows anymore, so Carrie making those appearances won't have as much of an impact anyway. So I'm not totally surprised that Carrie is leaning more on her existing catalog of hits and focusing more on touring with the residency.

That said, I do agree even My Savior had more promo during Covid. And I'd be happy to throw money at Carrie and her label if, for instance they made more interesting merch (was never a fan of tour t-shirts with a giant picture of the artist on it) or had a variety of vinyls.

lizcarlo

I like the extra songs on Denim and Rhinestone. Drunk and Hungover and She Don’t Know live is favorite. Love the live arrangement for She Don’t Know.

rcramer

^^^ for me the whole CD was very cohesive. Not one bad song on it…

I could care less about chart success or awards anymore…. she is at the age now that radio could care less what she puts out sadly….. And WME dictates awards… ugh.

But I still hope she puts one album out of nothing but traditional country songs, we all know she can sing the phone book anyway…..

Smokyiiis

^^^ for me the whole CD was very cohesive. Not one bad song on it…

I could care less about chart success or awards anymore…. she is at the age now that radio could care less what she puts out sadly….. And WME dictates awards… ugh.

But I still hope she puts one album out of nothing but traditional country songs, we all know she can sing the phone book anyway…..
Me too but I find it less likely with her rock party going lol

fallen14

Random thought. The My Gift era was unexpected but very rewarding. She promoted the heck out of that album. So I know Capital Nashville knows how to promote her. To me, that is her best era to date (promotion, performances, style). I really do think it comes with the commitment of Carrie too. She was so committed to the My Gift / My Savior eras and it showed. She was everywhere, inescapable. Which is why we were all surprised with how hard she was promoting those albums. Then come to D&R and we got half of that. Weird. I’m realizing that those eras were so great because Carrie actually loved those records. I’ve never seen her so comfortable in an era and both of those eras were fully realized.

I just don’t think she was that connected with the D&R era. It was like she was over it before it even began lol. Reminds me of the Play On Era.

just not sure what happened with this era but I do believe the next era will be back up to par.

Top Eras:
1. My Gift / My Savior
2. Blown Away (I mean the videos alone.. so committed)
3. Some Hearts
4. Storyteller
5. Carnival Ride
6. Greatest Hits
7. Play On
8. Denim & Rhinestones

I’d love a Storyteller / Blown Away / Some Hearts hybrid album. She’s such a great storyteller. That’s her calling card. I know she wants to write and sing personal songs but her biggest hits JTTW, BHC, BA, TBC, CB, SITW - all story songs. And that’s what set her apart from Taylor. I’d like the next album to get back to that approach.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Random thought. The My Gift era was unexpected but very rewarding. She promoted the heck out of that album. So I know Capital Nashville knows how to promote her. To me, that is her best era to date (promotion, performances, style). I really do think it comes with the commitment of Carrie too. She was so committed to the My Gift / My Savior eras and it showed. She was everywhere, inescapable. Which is why we were all surprised with how hard she was promoting those albums. Then come to D&R and we got half of that. Weird. I’m realizing that those eras were so great because Carrie actually loved those records. I’ve never seen her so comfortable in an era and both of those eras were fully realized.
I feel the same way. It’s hard to describe what weren’t wrong with promo this era, but you hit the nail on the head. For me, I felt there was so much for My Gift. And what was most important, was all the promo was very colorful, very Christmas, very splashy. The promo for D&R should have been fun as this era was supposed to be fun. So, a fun lead single, fun music videos, maybe some guest appearances here and there, a denim clothesline, etc. The promo was just so quiet. It was like a tour and that was it. As you said, she was everywhere for those. I feel like we barely saw or heard from her outside the tour this era. The craziest part is she did all that promo at the height of the virus. She wanted to do more, even talking about wanting to play the Christmas songs live for us. The only complaint was her team not making FTOY an official single. As for this era, the list is long for me

adam1995

She was able to do the vast majority of promo for MG/MS from Nashville, as there were very few in person events at those times due to COVID. She likely doesn't want to travel much more than she has to, at this point, to promote. With MG/MS she could go home after promo and be with her family, she can't do that as much now.

Zach1998

I do kinda I’d hope she puts more of her efforts into Tik Tok promo next era, as this era felt very Instagram focused, and that social media app has been on the decline for a while now. Really her marketing team could just come up with content related to her music to post, and all she’d have to do it just record it real quick. Still pretty low effort.