Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

According to a Disney fandom website about Disenchanted: “In April 2020, Menken confirmed that he and Schwartz had began writing songs for the film.[13]”
Disenchanted has been in the works since September 2015. The reason I was researching this movie was just based off of the fact that Carrie had a song in the first one, and I could see her being asked back again.

jaymiee

^ I think Disenchanted makes the most sense! Although it still might be a while before its released...so not sure when this song would actually come out

adam1995

If it's for Disney, I hope it would be for a movie bigger than "Enchanted". Seems like that wasn't a huge hit.

Although, an interesting little story about the "Enchanted" song, is around the time the song was released, my local amusement park had video monitors in the lines for rides and that was one of the few random videos that they played on those monitors, lol. Around 2007 I think? Though, they played for a few seasons.

txacar

Tour -- He is scheduled to be at the Arena theater in Houston on October 24. Small venue - price $70.00. Most sections are sold out. Resellers asking $200 - $300.

I'm excited to hear speculation she is linked with enchanted 2 (which I have now learnt is disenchanted, such a cute name).

I love the first movie and it's nice for Disney to release an original movie that isn't a live action remake or marvel film. I'm super excited for this project even more so

maddkat

Staff member
^ I wouldn't put a lot f stock into the Disenchanted rumor as the movie is still in pre production and songs haven't even been written yet.

nycolenovack

I wish Carrie would make more of a Classic Country Music album more then Cry Pretty was which Amazon considered it Classic Country.

Zach1998

I know everything post Drinking Alone is uncertain, but what are y'all thinking happens after DA peaks? I always thought that her plan was to probably use DA's chart run to write and plan for album 7 since the entirety of it's chart run has been post tour. I was looking for new music to possibly come with a lead single in Q1 of 2021, but due to COVID19 I'm not sure I see that happening. I don't think the plan originally had a 5th Cry Pretty single in it, but if she hasn't started working on album 7 and she has no new duets coming out in the near future to keep her present on radio do y'all see them doing that? I say all this because a year or longer break from being present on radio could be harmful if she doesn't have anything out, especially after a weak era from a radio standpoint.

I was anticipating a lead single at the 2021 ACM Awards taking place in April next year I’m assuming if all goes as plan, with the album release sort of similar to when the Cry Pretty album came out. I feel like that one TikTok was just a big coincidence with the ghosts for a fifth single, but I remember her doing a lot of clues with Dirty Laundry and the Ajax back before that became a single.

Zach1998

^ maybe. Ghosts is one my favorites on the album, but if they do go for a fifth I really hope they read the writing on the wall and do EUWY (although I personally prefer Ghosts.) It has connected very well to not have been an official single and is very light, which is what she needs. Country radio had no problem playing The Bones even though it was very pop leaning, so I could see them doing the same with EUWY.

adam1995

Probably done after this. I think we may get a lead single for the ACMs in 2021, assuming they go back to the Spring. I think this time around though they should release a few singles before hand instead of one then the album. Build up anticipation a little more. So ideally I'd say a new single at the CMAs in November (or even the September ACMs), another debut at the ACMs in April and then album in May or June. I doubt that happens, more realistically I'd expect a new single deep into next year with an album to follow maybe three months after.

I was just looking at some of the other people under Capitol like Keith and Luke Bryan, and neither of them had five singles on their last album. I think Keith only had three (??), so it doesn’t seem like Capitol pushes for five. I saw some people on twitter talking about the questions they submitted for the Fan Club Party, so hopefully we will have more music related info after Tuesday.

CU4ever

Yeah, it's kind of a tricky situation she's in. I definitely think Carrie was working on new music (I am pretty sure we saw some sort of evidence confirming this?), but has of course had to put that on hold until UMG gives her the green light to go back in and record/write again. If not for the virus, I believe she would have had a new single probably for CMAs or even before that.

And yeah she usually does a duet to keep her name on the charts between albums, so is it possible she had one already lined up before this stuff started? I guess she could have planned on going from DA to a lead single.

Maybe we'll just end up getting the long-awaited Christmas album

CU4ever

^ maybe. Ghosts is one my favorites on the album, but if they do go for a fifth I really hope they read the writing on the wall and do EUWY (although I personally prefer Ghosts.) It has connected very well to not have been an official single and is very light, which is what she needs. Country radio had no problem playing The Bones even though it was very pop leaning, so I could see them doing the same with EUWY.

I agree. I absolutely love Ghosts, but I don't think it would be a strong enough fifth single. Of course, I will argue to the day I die that Backsliding (my favorite song on the album, lol) would do really well. But I agree, EUWY could probably do really well. Radio liked DA until the scores came in (which was right at top ten), and I imagine EUWY would test well (as The Bones did), so it could be a nice little fall number one.

Yeah, it's kind of a tricky situation she's in. I definitely think Carrie was working on new music (I am pretty sure we saw some sort of evidence confirming this?), but has of course had to put that on hold until UMG gives her the green light to go back in and record/write again. If not for the virus, I believe she would have had a new single probably for CMAs or even before that.

And yeah she usually does a duet to keep her name on the charts between albums, so is it possible she had one already lined up before this stuff started? I guess she could have planned on going from DA to a lead single.

Maybe we'll just end up getting the long-awaited Christmas album

I would be fine with a Christmas album as a “layover” so to speak. I know a lot of people probably aren’t into it, but I feel like I would love to hear her do some classics. The original song route can be a disaster.

CU4ever

I would be fine with a Christmas album as a “layover” so to speak. I know a lot of people probably aren’t into it, but I feel like I would love to hear her do some classics. The original song route can be a disaster.

I think it would be really great for her, honestly. She had those two Christmas songs like ten years ago, that aren't even really available to buy anywhere and weren't promoted, and I hear them every single year heavily on my local Christmas music station. Imagine how well a promoted new album could do..it would give radio songs by her to play heavily for years to come.

I think she should try 1-2 originals on a possible album. Kelly Clarkson did that and now she has a really popular couple of songs

heymc

Don't think it is a smart move to do a Christmas album at this stage of her career.

Carrie needs to write with top songwriter, work with award winning producers to make hits again. But first, she needs to be understand the current radio climate and general listeners.

adam1995

Don't think it is a smart move to do a Christmas album at this stage of her career.

Carrie needs to write with top songwriter, work with award winning producers to make hits again. But first, she needs to be understand the current radio climate and general listeners.

With nothing being allowed to really happen this year, this might be the perfect time to do a Christmas album. It doesn't need a tour, or too much promotion, but should generally sell itself. Not really a wrong move right now, in my opinion.