Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Zach1998

^ She has repeatedly, much to my chagrin , said the album is fun - full of fun songs. How would that fit in?
I'd consider Choctaw County Affair to be fun, and still fits the topic. I wouldn't really consider GS all that fun, but it's on the album. She also went on record when the last album was released saying that it was filled with personal songs, which it was, but still had outliers like "That Song" and "Southbound" that were not personal at all.

Last edited:

Hil

I'd consider Choctaw County Affair to be fun, and still fits the topic. No need to rain on anybody's parade.
Can't remember where i heart it, but recently she said in some interview all the songs are fun "for the most part." Dang, i wish I could remember what intereview

Michael Reid

Miranda's latest album debuted with 36,000 units. "Of the album’s 36,000 units earned, album sales comprise 24,000; SEA units comprise 11,000 (equaling 14.35 million on-demand official streams of the set’s tracks) and TEA units comprise 1,000." Billboard. Maren did 22k with her latest a month ago. The streaming age has not been nice to country artists. Hoping Carrie can at least break 100k with D&R.
Streaming has been decent compared to other artist. Cry Pretty and Storyteller both did around 14k-15k in Streaming alone and that was years ago. We have learned the streaming techniques, and wouldn’t expect a dip in streaming from what was done for the past few albums. As for Album sales, Carrie is always the big fish in terms of sales. I’m still expecting the 125k-150k range.

tgbrinker

I'm hoping for a big surprise and debut week numbers will be similar to Storyteller, if not more.

Sales increased from Storyteller to Cry Pretty AND I'd imagine the two projects since (MG, MS) could have scooped up some new fans. Plus Reflection, Stagecoach have caught some nice press about how impressive Carrie is. AND she's had a huge #1 hit recently.

I just don't know how huge ticket bundle sales were for CP and since those don't count for sales anymore, how impactful that will be.

tgbrinker

My rank for the three singles:

Ghost Story
Crazy Angels
Denim & Rhinestones
I'm the total opposite. : )

I can't get D&R out of my head. Crazy Angels is a grower for sure - I first thought it was going to be my least favorite, but the Stagecoach performance and listening to it in the car changed it.

adam1995

I'm hoping for a big surprise and debut week numbers will be similar to Storyteller, if not more.

Sales increased from Storyteller to Cry Pretty AND I'd imagine the two projects since (MG, MS) could have scooped up some new fans. Plus Reflection, Stagecoach have caught some nice press about how impressive Carrie is. AND she's had a huge #1 hit recently.

I just don't know how huge ticket bundle sales were for CP and since those don't count for sales anymore, how impactful that will be.
Very unlikely to debut as high as Storyteller. The increase from Storyteller to CP was due to the ticket bundle no doubt, plus album sales are just sinking all over regardless of artist. I'd expect between 100K-150K, and that should be celebrated if we get there.

Hil

I'm hoping for 50k at this point. Sales are so low. I had originally predicted 100k give or take 20, but idk anymore

Zach1998

I just don't want any more surprise releases from any big names from now until after she releases. Idk but I'm really curious if Taylor Swift will be releasing something soon, since she's putting out her re-records relatively fast and haven't put out a new one in a while.
I just need everyone big to wait until AFTER June 10th. After that I don't care lol.

CU4ever

Streaming has been decent compared to other artist. Cry Pretty and Storyteller both did around 14k-15k in Streaming alone and that was years ago. We have learned the streaming techniques, and wouldn’t expect a dip in streaming from what was done for the past few albums. As for Album sales, Carrie is always the big fish in terms of sales. I’m still expecting the 125k-150k range.
Won’t we have a drop sales wise due to no more tour bundles?