Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

adam1995

Perhaps not. But shouldn't the label be a significant player in the choice and timing of singles? I'm a big advocate for Carrie's creative freedom, but the label should be responsible, at least in part, for selecting the right song, at the right time, to promote the album across all platforms. With Sony, the choice and timing were well-received 25 times in a row.
Sure, but again we don't know how LW was picked. Was it solely Carrie, solely the label or a combination? We don't know so we can't actually place any responsibility definitively. I think it was a bad choice for radio, and it kind of showed, but that's kind of on radio, and all involved in the single. So, point is, we can't blame one single entity, but maybe some mix.

Zach1998

Perhaps not. But shouldn't the label be a significant player in the choice and timing of singles? I'm a big advocate for Carrie's creative freedom, but the label should be responsible, at least in part, for selecting the right song, at the right time, to promote the album across all platforms. With Sony, the choice and timing were well-received 25 times in a row.
Yess. I mean they even sent Mama’s Song, which imo was a terrible single choice and not radio friendly AT ALL, all the way to #2. Also thought it was cool that she was the first artist to ever fully sweep the adds board on the first week, with Smoke Break, and they did it a decade into her career, when she was almost mid thirties.

Side note. I love the trailer for the GS video so far. Hope it has a storyline.

Last edited:

Hil

Crazy Angels
D&R
Ghost Story. I really like GS, but the only problem I have with it being the first single is that it's not going anywhere. I really hope it takes off and is a hit for her. I think CA is a smash.