Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Daraebe

Windmills just posted that carrie is working on new music with someone names Jay Joyce. Anyone heard of him?

He is a producer with a more Rock influence. He produced LBT Pontoon. He was part of the band "In Pursuit" back in the 80's (I am showing my age).

Carrieflattsfan

Windmills just posted that carrie is working on new music with someone names Jay Joyce. Anyone heard of him?

Jay Joyce also produced Eric Church's album "The Outsiders," which is very rock influenced and has that gritty style to it.

No offense to Mark as he has done some great work as a producer, but I really hope Carrie does move away from this era.

If she wants to keep going in her current direction, I think JJ would be a perfect choice, and would open some doors to places she's never ventured artistically before.

Mark's style is very clean and commercial, and honestly Carrie's own music proves she's all for taking risks.

Farawayhills

As well as Eric Church, Jay Joyce has produced the latest albums by both Emmylou, and Patty Griffin (by a strange almost-coincidence Emmylou had a track called "Six White Cadillacs", lol)

Needless to say, the prospect of future production for Carrie anywhere along the lines of Eric-Church-meets-Emmylou-Harris-and-Patty-Griffin has me kind of excited! (smiley)

He played guitar and organ on "Somethin' Bad", so Carrie is already familiar with his session work.
He is a multi-instrumentalist - and his stylistic influence isn't confined to any one direction (e.g. he played mandolin on the much more deep-genre "Old Sh*t")

teesharky

As well as Eric Church, Jay Joyce has produced the latest albums by both Emmylou, and Patty Griffin (by a strange almost-coincidence Emmylou had a track called "Six White Cadillacs", lol)

Needless to say, the prospect of future production for Carrie anywhere along the lines of Eric-Church-meets-Emmylou-Harris-and-Patty-Griffin has me kind of excited! (smiley)

cool! Tx. I love Emmy of course, and I also love the Eric Church albums, so count me in.

teesharky

Jay Joyce also produced Eric Church's album "The Outsiders," which is very rock influenced and has that gritty style to it.

No offense to Mark as he has done some great work as a producer, but I really hope Carrie does move away from this era.

If she wants to keep going in her current direction, I think JJ would be a perfect choice, and would open some doors to places she's never ventured artistically before.

Mark's style is very clean and commercial, and honestly Carrie's own music proves she's all for taking risks.

agree. Carrie is willing to take risks- and at this point- she has nothing left to prove or worry about.

What are the CMA voters going to do? Snub her? Oh wait. lol

teesharky

I am a little confused about Kelly's next album. She told reporters that she would never do a full on country album, but just continue to dabble in it. Did she change her mind or something? Is her next album country or pop?

countryfan2006

I don't want to put my nose where it doesn't belong but...why worried about Kelly Clarkson when this thread isn't about her? its about Carrie only.

I'm looking forward to Carrie's new album whenever that will be.