Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

mtreasmith

I honestly miss when Kelly made pop albums. example Breakaway, My December. It seems like she is focusing WAYYY too hard on trying to put out a "country" album that she has lost track of what she really is. Despite the success of Stronger, it wasn't her best by far. JMO

PNGcarriefan95

at this point... i don't think Carrie gives a damn what the critics say anymore. All she cares about is what the fans think / say. : ) All Carrie wants to do is sing. Thats what makes her heart happy and thats what makes us Carrie Fans happy : D

That's good if she doesn't care what they say anymore! I guess I'm just worrying too much...and that bolded part, did she say that during her speech at the 2010 CMT Artists of the Year event thing? Is it creepy that I can remember that?

CarrieAddicted

I'm so happy with all these rumors about a more Rock influenced album.

I want a real mainstream album.

But above all this, I want her label to make it mainstream, by promoting her singles to mainstream radios, not only to country radio.

I'm really upset with Carrie's label. All, ALL singles from Blown Away had a mainstream sound/appeal and Arista only promoted them to country radio (ok, GG and BA were sent to Adult radio, but with little to no campaign).

As a huge Carrie fan I am, I'm always rooting for her to get bigger and bigger.

pklongbeach

^Oh yes, I agree with you that Carrie wouldn't really be switching genres or anything. I guess I'm just a little bit angsty because I feel frustrated that some critics just don't see the potential and capability Carrie has to be able to do both Country and Rock properly. I feel like there are just so many mainstream country artists nowadays incorporating rock elements into their music that everyone kind of gets glossed over with the same paintbrush as "trying" to be rock when they're not. Above just incorporating rock influences, I feel that Carrie is by far the mainstream Country artist who could successfully straddle Country and Rock, much like Linda Ronstadt. I just think she is very comfortable and authentic doing both. I showed a couple of Rock only listening friends videos of Carrie singing during the RRHOF, and they were really impressed by that, as well as Carrie's knowledge about rock music and its different subgenres and sounds.
I just hope if this is the direction she takes with this album, that critics won't say "oh, she's not country, she never was" or something like that.
And I really like that Emmylou Harris song. She's still got it!
I feel the same way you do. But as hard as it is to remember, we have got to realize at this point that reaction and analysis of Carrie and her music by critics reviewers and media have almost nothing to do with the product itself.
It has everything to do with Carries relationships and her business practices within the industry that determine a full embrace or a lukewarm reception.
The idea that we continue to believe that if Carrie will only deliver what they want they will embrace her, is proven totally false when you consider Red was a pop album not even made for the format and it was universally praised but Blown Away was analyzed as if it had something to prove still.

As long as Carrie continues to conduct herself and her business the way she is (whatever that is) her position among reviewers and critics and pondents will not change. It has nothing to do with output.
Therefore, and I think Carrie finally knows this, it just does not matter anymore attempting to gain any response from critics or voters. Creating music that follows her own growth pattern is by far her best bet. Country/Rock ala Ronstadt is a great direction for Carries voice, her experience, and her heart.

I think it is fans like us who even believe anymore that she will somehow become an industry darling again, with the way things are. No. Carrie is choosing her path. And it does not align itself with playing industry games. She knows it and they know it.

Just make great music Carrie! (that Is how you reap hot coals upon their heads!! ha ha ha...)

lizcarlo

Should we be worried about Kelly and her future album era?

I like Kelly and have no problem with her getting support. I wish they would support other women like they have Kelly in country.

I like Mark Bright and the work he did with Carrie and her music. I like that she may be working with Jay Joyce even if its only for couple songs. He seems to be involved with some good music from the comments on here. I would be interested on what kind of album she would do with Jay Joyce. I would love for Carrie to do country rock. She can excel in that kind of music. Carrie can sing pretty much any genre. Her vocals are perfect for the country rock. The rock legends embrace Carrie and is praising her constantly. Rock fans seem to really like her singing. I know no matter what the album will be great. Carrie loves music and is only getting better and better. She continues to grow with writing, singing and is very good at interpreting songs. I am happy Carrie doesn't play the industry game. That makes me respect her even more.

teesharky

I honestly miss when Kelly made pop albums. example Breakaway, My December. It seems like she is focusing WAYYY too hard on trying to put out a "country" album that she has lost track of what she really is. Despite the success of Stronger, it wasn't her best by far. JMO

Agree. Kelly is a fantastic pop artist and I miss her in that genre! She is very successful in pop so I think she should keep going. Her voice is fantastic but to me it sounds pop:rock not country at all.

HuiZ

Personally, I think Kelly trying to fit into country genre is worse than she-who-just-left-the-genre being in country. I love Kelly as a pop artist, she has one of the best voices, but.... she doesn't even sound remotely country and neither do her songs, imo.

I don't doubt her love for country music, but loving the music doesn't mean it's suitable for her career.......

Also really need Kelly to be back in pop and doing well again, because pop music is getting worse!!

teesharky

^ yes I really hope Kelly releases a pop album too! And soon!

it just seems like no big albums of any note are coming out this Fall except Garth Brooks. Where are all the big pop divas this year? WhAtever happened to Rihanna and Gaga re: new albums??

adam1995

No big albums are coming in the Fall? Kenny, Jason, Taylor to name a few. Whether or not you like them they're pretty big albums, especially the latter two.

teesharky

No big albums are coming in the Fall? Kenny, Jason, Taylor to name a few. Whether or not you like them they're pretty big albums, especially the latter two.

I was referring to pop albums that excite me like Adele or Gaga or Katy or Rihanna or Madonna etc. I realize taylor is a big pop album but I choose to ignore that release as it is not one that excites me. Lol

The problem with country albums is that there is not a lot of excitement as they release them
so often it feels anticlimactic. Ie- some artists release so many albums so often that there is not a big enough gap of time in between to build excitement. Ie- Blake Miranda Luke Jason etc seem to have new albums out slmost every year.

At least carrie doesn't have that problem. Lol we wait ages. Lol

julesb2183

She needs to stay away from My December stuff, I love Kelly, but that album was way too self indulgent. Stronger definitely wasn't her strongest work, but I am glad she had success with it.

pklongbeach

I think it might feel difficult for an artist like Kelly to stay relevant in pop music today. It is so image based now. You really have to continue to give the public an image that is pop-current.
And It just seems to me that Kelly has never liked having to deal with that.
I totally agree that I just don't think her voice or heart fits country like it does pop, so it would not feel authentic.
But I do think she may be getting to the point of being tired of chasing the latest trends in pop. (in the pop world you are only as big as your latest hit single. No hit single and you are back to square one)
In country if you can align yourself for success, which she certainly is, you can stay relevant much easier than in pop. But if you are not aligned with the in-support systems, you might as well hang it up. Cause it won't matter what the music is, it wont get played

twaintrain

I like Kelly in Country. If she made records in the same country meets rock meets pop style that Carrie does, I think she could do well. I personally don't see where people are coming from that say she has done a lot of country. She did one country remix, a couple of duets, and a one-off single. The "Stronger" album wasn't country at all, although, I thought it was a TERRIFIC album. I think people should be able to make the kind of music they want and if it fits into more than one genre, fine. I wouldn't want Carrie not to make the record she wants because it isn't strictly country and I don't think it's fair to put the same kind of boundaries on Kelly or Taylor or whoever. And it seems so unfair on those particular artists I mentioned because the males in country are basically making hip-hop. It's ridiculous for people to call out Carrie for a rock/pop influence when Florida Georgia Line is collaborating with Jason Derulo and Nelly.

teesharky

^ Kelly's voice just doesn't sound very country to me and never will. But she is brilliant as a pop/rock singer and I love her in that capacity.

twaintrain

I think it just depends on what she's singing. I was fortunate enough to get to see Kelly and Reba when they toured together and they performed old Reba songs like "How Blue," "One Promise Too Late," "Cathy's Clown," and "The Greatest Man I Never Knew," and Kelly was fantastic. She sounded like that's what she was meant to be performing. Probably because she's done them all her life. I feel that she and Carrie are truly two artists that can sing almost anything.

Audra

I'm honestly not worried with no news about anything dealing with the album or a single lol isn't there a saying that says no news is good news? I might be in the minority probably and not freaking out that there isn't any news coming from Carrie or anything. She's probably been working very hard on it and now with her pregnancy, it's probably been a lot harder and not wanting to rush anything with the album or single just to get it out before her pregnancy gets farther and farther along.