Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Kizmet311

I would like to see Carrie get more personal in her lyrics and song choices, but I'm not sure it will ever happen. She seems to like to keep "Carrie Underwood" the singer and star very separate from "Carrie Fisher". I think that is the biggest thing that hurts her with critics and having a cohesive album. Carrie likes to pick songs that she likes to sing and that she thinks her fans will like and that show a wide range of styles, but it doesn't always give us the type of album that is going to win awards or critical acclaim.

Kizmet311

Anyway, my wish list for the new album is that it be released in November in time for Christmas sales and a big CMA bump, that her first single NOT be a boy-bashing single ala CC and GG (time to change it up), that she goes easy on the inspirational ballads (SYA was enough for BA, WAY didn't fit the album in my opinion, although I know pklongbeach will disagree, lol), that she finally has a real, personal, happy, country ballad love song (Look At Me is as close as we've ever gotten and it was a cover), and a duet with someone current would be awesome too. Also, I want more songs like BA, TBC, LLA, DYTAM, and WAW, and less GIG (even though I like it), WAY, and NETY.

Inspired

So it seems like the next album should include:

- Love Songs but not too mushy, more of a I like you alot
- Inspirational but not preachy
- Traditional but still pushes the envelope
- Ballads but no power notes
- Uptempo but no 80s rock influence

Glad we are not one of those demanding fan bases LOL

Seriouslly though a single disc does not let Carrie cover all the types of music she can knock out of the park therefrore I want a 2 disc set with all of it.

teesharky

^ lol don't forget- duets with a big name. That is essential.

I would also like to see more bluegrass type folky songs like LLA. I think that was a fantastic song and a great new direction for Carrie. Maybe she can write and record with Allison Krauss. Why not???

Kizmet311

So it seems like the next album should include:

- Love Songs but not too mushy, more of a I like you alot
- Inspirational but not preachy
- Traditional but still pushes the envelope
- Ballads but no power notes
- Uptempo but no 80s rock influence

Glad we are not one of those demanding fan bases LOL

Seriouslly though a single disc does not let Carrie cover all the types of music she can knock out of the park therefrore I want a 2 disc set with all of it.

Actually, I'm still ok with 80s rock influence. :) Those are some of my favorite Carrie songs. I just don't want them to be the lead single. I would like more uptempos like FOTF though - that has always been one of my faves.

JB172

I used to love OW ,but it hasn't aged well for me.It's time has passed.

I want no boy/men bashing songs ,more folky type songs, fewer glory notes,story songs, & some personal songs.
However for this year I'm going with us getting a Christmas cd w/a Christmas special on NBC.
And cd # 5 in the spring of 2015.

I think that the female artist has to have a boy/guy bashing song just like the male artist has to have a song about a truck. lol

PRGuy79

I would love to see Carrie record a song written by Lori McKenna - maybe they could even write together! She is the one who wrote the "Nobody Knows" demo that was rumored to have made Blown Away. I love that song. She also writes for/with Faith Hill. Lori is great at the story songs several of you have mentioned. I, too, would like a big-named duet on Album #5 - something that rivals the Miranda/Keith collaboration. And I like the possibility of it being a mainstream artist that could help drive her popularity on the Hot 100 chart.

Has anybody heard whether or not the new country artist that tweeted about studio time with Carrie after TSOM in New York is going to release a duet? That seems like a curious choice to bridge the gap on radio...

maddkat

Staff member
I would love to see Carrie record a song written by Lori McKenna - maybe they could even write together! She is the one who wrote the "Nobody Knows" demo that was rumored to have made Blown Away. I love that song. She also writes for/with Faith Hill. Lori is great at the story songs several of you have mentioned. I, too, would like a big-named duet on Album #5 - something that rivals the Miranda/Keith collaboration. And I like the possibility of it being a mainstream artist that could help drive her popularity on the Hot 100 chart.

Has anybody heard whether or not the new country artist that tweeted about studio time with Carrie after TSOM in New York is going to release a duet? That seems like a curious choice to bridge the gap on radio...

A Lori Mckenna a song would be great!! I loved 'Nobody Knows" Too.

the rumored duet after SOM was just that. Guy said he was lied to by a producer.

Farawayhills

Here's a reminder of the lyrics of "Nobody Knows" (a rough take, at the time, which may contain errors)

"She said 'I don't know how you can love him'
And left me with nothing to say
He rolled in with some little trouble
He'd just worked his ten hours that day
I was 'who the hell are you
And isn't that the truth
Won't you leave us alone to our night'

CHORUS
'Cos nobody knows him
He's like a secret
Nobody knows how it feels in his hands
Nobody knows me when I'm on fire
The way that he knows me , nobody knows
Guess you can't see it, there on the outside
Guess if you did, you'd still not understand
Nobody knows how hard that he tries,
The tears he can't say
The words he can't cry
His greatest moments, I suppose
Are the ones nobody knows

Everyone knows where he is without looking
They all know where he hits Friday night
He's the first to admit he ain't perfect
And the last to admit when I'm right
He'll drive you to drink
Make you cry
Make it seem that he's trying to push you away
Oh, what I put him through
Ask him to be bullet proof
'Cos I have a dark side too
When I feel myself slipping away"

For those of you who want a love song, I'd take something like this - it's mature, and shows "attitude", and would represent a further step forward for Carrie, it's theme being deeper and relatively unusual.

pklongbeach

The thing I liked about PO Era was that so much of the music felt like it was coming from her lips. And that is important to me.

I heard it again today and was suprised by how much if it had direct or incidental connections to her, and what she wants out of life and what she believes.

Its just nice to hear that from an artist.

I do love BA for its storytelling elements, that is probably where Carrie shines best, when you get past those first 4 songs, you start to fall into a standard mid-90's style of singer song where there is not alot of depth or acknowldgement of who this person is who is singing.

teesharky

I just want some freakin' music in 2014. haha I am already bloody bored and it is January 2nd. lol

Claire2004

During the #1 party for SYA, Carrie said that she will be busy with TSOML, but she will also have the Willie Nelson duet in store plus other surprises. I wonder what those surprises were? Or was she talking about the SOM soundtrack and DVD?

Ty

That interview was prior to the Emmys, right? I bet that was the other surprise.

Claire2004

That interview was prior to the Emmys, right? I bet that was the other surprise.

Darn. thanks. I was hoping there are other surprises in store, something to tide us over while she works on the new album lol.

mlawlor

Perhaps Carrie should team up with Kip Moore and Luke Bryan and sing the ultimate truck song... ;)

With the current state of country music, I could see Carrie perhaps extending her TSOM "Show-tune" (as 2005 Carrie described it) experience somehow, perhaps even covering a main theme to another show on the album. I think the next album has to lead in with (or at least early on) a happy upbeat SYA / Wasted / A-AG song, rather than a CC / GG / UI song. Get a song that makes listeners thinking about the song's meaning. In the meantime cover something simply amazing for the Grammy's and ACM party (and Emmy's if she's there for TSOM :))

gocountrymusic

^ lol don't forget- duets with a big name. That is essential.

I would also like to see more bluegrass type folky songs like LLA. I think that was a fantastic song and a great new direction for Carrie. Maybe she can write and record with Allison Krauss. Why not???

This completely. If she could write/ record a song in the same vein as LLA but with less repetitive lyrics I think she can have a real smash on her hands and I think it will please critics at the same time. I would also like her to work with Allison because Carrie loves to test her vocals and always try to improve them or show them in a new light. She did that during Play On and during BA from the very beginning I think Allison Krauss would help Carrie further experiment with her voice. (i sort of have this image of Allison singing harmony with Carrie on that other Chronicles of Narnia song if it fits) I would also love her to write a song with Dolly Parton because I think that could really spark interest in the country music community.

What I would really love Carrie to do and what I think she is capable of doing is a concept album. It is really hard but when I look at the four CD's she has released I think she can do it. Some Hearts was a coming of age album but I'm not sure how many of the songs were Carrie's choice versus her team. Carnival Ride was a metaphor and at certain parts of the album the sequencing is perfect. All American girl- a song about a father wanting a son, So Small, a song about realizing some problems are not as big as they seem and Just A Dream- A song about real people coming to terms with a real problem. Play On while not as cohesive as the first two, it was during a time when there was a shift in who was winning awards and the message Play On was a metaphor for Carrie at the time; sometimes no matter the punches thrown at you, you just have to play on. And finally Blown Away is easily her most adventurous album to date. Not to mention the order of tracks 1-6 and 8-13 (maybe 14) have a real nice flow to them. The point I am trying to make is I can see where Carrie and her team are going with her albums and I think they just need a little more push so that other people can see what I see.

lizcarlo

I want at least couple folk, bluegrass and traditional sounding songs. I want her songs to be about love, inspirational, story telling , ballads. Sing in different styles.

I'd love for her to write with Kacey, Ashley Monroe, Brandy Clark and Holly Williams.

I'd like for her to duet with Adele , Alison Krauss and Holly Williams.