Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

teesharky

Does anyone know whether or not Idol is doing an Idol Gives Back Special this year? Maybe Carrie is involved in that...

Not 100% sure, but I read that the Idol Gives Back event is every OTHER year now, instead of every year, due to the economy, etc. Since it was last year, I think there won't be another one until 2012. I could be wrong though.

gocountrymusic

^ I know. I am just not used to her not being at award shows, not being nominated, not winning, not having songs on the radio, and not doing anything in the spotlight. lol If there were a 5th single, this would be so much easier to bare. But waiting 9 months or more for a new song is going to be killer.

My God how do the Shania Twain fans handle this? lol I would be so sad if I were a die hard Shania fan.

Taylor and Miranda are definitely loving this hibernating Carrie phase. I am sure they are jumping for joy, as there is less competition for them now. They probably hope she stays in Canada indefinitely. lol

The rabid ones anyway. They keep posting on all her articles on CMT, how she's quitting music and moving to Canada. It really gets annoying after a while.

puggle10

I pray that Carrie still wins the Grammy for Best Female Country Vocalist for TH. If Miranda wins it will be a total fake sham since the industry and peers know Carrie can sign circles around Miranda... AND Carrie co-wrote Temporary Home which is miles and miles above House That Built Me in terms of songcraft, lyrics, vocals and overall execution. TH is a musical event, whereas THTBM is just another song attempted at emotional peak but ultimates fails in my mind. Just cuz you sing a a twang all the time does not mean you are great, the best, or the new queen of country. Carrie proved on the recent Loretta Lynn cd that she can sing traditional country with the best of them.. there is no contest if she choses to sing that way, Miranda or not. I am sick and tired of all the award shows handing out Miranda so much based on such average, overrated songs. Bottom line, REVOLUTION is just not that good, with only a few standout songs at best..., Carrie, Jason, and Keith all put out much better albums during 2010. They cannot take back these awards, that is the worst part. Go Carrie, you are a living legend already...