Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

Country_Carrie

No offense to Demi but I really don't wanna see them duet or anything..Guess we'll see though..But I gotthe impression from Carrie's blog yesterday that she was home but maybe she is still in LA

Kizmet311

Why is Carrie in LA? I had no idea she was even there. What did I miss, lol? From her blog it looked like she was at one of her homes watching the Super Bowl with friends. I'm so confused, lol.

Oh, and that picture of Carrie looks kind of weird. You can't even tell where she's at.

I always have thought that Carrie did it that way to build her touring fan base. Not sure if that's right but that's what I've thought. I've also thought that she is in some ways modeling how Brad did/does things but that could totally be out in left field thinking. At least Carrie didn't think that after one year of moderate success she should perform at the Super Bowl halftime show!!!!!! Someone is getting too big for their britches and I have a feeling they're going to be knocked back down a peg or two!!!!
A more cynical take would be that her management wanted the easiest money grab possible and not what's best for Carrie's career and personal life. Since Carrie gets paid a guaranteed amount for every concert (I've read that it's up to 500 K, but that doesn't quite line up with the grosses in the smaller markets), the more shows she plays, the more money they get, even if her average attendance suffers. This would also explain why she hasn't been pushed internationally because they'd have to spend money to establish her in new markets instead of just collecting the checks. :-/

DaisyTweets

A more cynical take would be that her management wanted the easiest money grab possible and not what's best for Carrie's career and personal life. Since Carrie gets paid a guaranteed amount for every concert (I've read that it's up to 500 K, but that doesn't quite line up with the grosses in the smaller markets), the more shows she plays, the more money they get, even if her average attendance suffers. This would also explain why she hasn't been pushed internationally because they'd have to spend money to establish her in new markets instead of just collecting the checks. :-/

Well with all due respect, I'm not buying that take! Too much of what Carrie has done thus far in her career, leads me to believe that she's trying to establish a tour fan base and she's used Brad as a model. But hey, I could be wrong! She's also the one who said she didn't care if she made any money, she just wanted to put on the best show she could and go for broke for the Play On tour.

Carrie Country

Two reasons I'm guessing our sweet Carrie can't be there.......one she's taking time off and wants to be out of the spotlight for awhile.......two she's going to be working on the 4th album then!!!!!(!)

carriecountrystar

if carrie were nominated for several grammys-I'm pretty sure she would plan to attend. only having 1 nomination and knowing that the probability and odds are very slim might have factored pretty big into her decision...
I mean, there's not really a particular reason for her to attend now as she's not even performing at all. I can see why she'd rather skip out on it.

teesharky

^ Kizmat-- carrie was writing the past few days in LA, possibly with david Hodges as he is based there and he confirmed he may be writing with Carrie again for the new project. There is a thread about it in the sightings section...with a picture of her being spotted in a restaurant in LA. I am not sure where she was for the superbowl though....but she must still be in LA based on that picture today.

Two reasons I'm guessing our sweet Carrie can't be there.......one she's taking time off and wants to be out of the spotlight for awhile.......two she's going to be working on the 4th album then!!!!!(!)

Going to the Grammys would take 2 days. lol Surely, she could take 2 days off of writing the album to attend something as important as attending the Grammys. They don't write nonstop, 24/7. They take breaks. lol I think she just didn't want to go.

abbeyjones18

Why has she missed every show but the GG's? It would be fun to go to the Grammy's right?

The Golden Globes are a once-in-a lifetime kind of thing (even though I think that Carrie has more in her future), while I'm sure that Carrie will be nominated and be a Grammy winner more in the future, same goes for the other shows...at least that's my take on it...

m.chill99

The Golden Globes are a once-in-a lifetime kind of thing (even though I think that Carrie has more in her future), while I'm sure that Carrie will be nominated and be a Grammy winner more in the future, same goes for the other shows...at least that's my take on it...

I just wanna see our beautiful Carrie!!!! I miss her beautiful smile on the red carpet:(

hjj

If Carrie does not have a performance there is not too much to gain IMO for attending. Most people don't attend every yr and many win but are not there. She has perform 4 yrs in a row. It will make it more exciting to hear her there and particularly if she is able to do her own song the next time she has the opportunity to perform there again.

teesharky

^ me too. I wanted her to go to the Clive Davis party and mingle with the big wigs of music like usual....and we would have gotten red carpet pictures. It is good publicity to attend as then you get your picture in all the magazines. Now, I won't even be able to do my annual Grammy awards rag mag report. :( Carrie already hasn't been in the tabloids as much lately as it is, and with this big break, she will be in them even less....especially if she doesn't attend the ACMS.

I think my biggest issue with all this is that I stupidly assumed there would be a 5th single, so that the slowdown period before the next album would not begin until Summer, after Single 5 peaked. Finding out that we don't get another single is kind of a shock to me, and then she gets snubbed for the ACMS and screwed by her label too. So then, in the same week, we find out she is not going to the Grammys. It is just kind of shocking.

I think the biggest blow though is realizing how corrupt all these award shows are, mostly due to label politics. I actually believed the most talented people or the best songs won. This whole week has been very enlightening for me, and not in a good way. It is making me feel jaded and cynical, and I don't like feeling this way.

epicamends

When does the eligibility period end for next year's Grammys? If Carrie doesn't release anything this year until the lead single from album #4, I don't know if she'll even be nominated next year.

DizzyDollyDee

We don't have a clue what Carrie has been thru with her label, management, people in the industry. We just know she has been on a tremendously long tour and got married and after that a lot of sad things have been going on. She has been working steady for a long time and as hard as she knew how. In one area of her life she has some wonderful things going on - a husband and a new puppy and a new house. Mike has a lot going on in his life with all this talk about trades. I'm sorry but as much as I miss Carrie, I think its time for Carrie to think about Carrie. If I'd been thru half of what she has been thru I'd want a break too. I don't know if I wouldn't have walked away for a while - especially if she thinks her peers resent her wins also. There are so many scenarios and I'm not going to go into them. I hear her music on the radio all the time - they aren't forgetting her - they love her and they'll play her songs. We just need some patience and a little trust in what decisions she comes up with. I for one am just glad she has none of me in her and hasn't walked away from all this rubbish thats been going on.