Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

HuiZ

I didn't say anything different then cary and others said. They said she is caring more about her personal life, over her career right now. I said exactly what they said, pretty much-that she is not making her career a main priority right now. That is exactly what others said too-- that she wants to focus on Mike right now. People always jump on me for some reason. :(
Tee, I think the difference is, in whatever situations, you always choose to look at it as glass half-empty. Or rather... fully empty.

More caring about her personal life doesn't have to equate to neglecting her career. I wish you won't see it that way.

cpeTN89

I am sure she will come back strong and attend all the award shows once her new album comes out and all of this will seem like a thing of the past. I think she is just definitely prioritizing right now. Her and Mike have both been working nonstop since they got married and have not gotten to spend any quality time together. I think she is just trying to take a much needed break from everything in between albums and spend as much time with her new husband as possible. I think she will come back strong as ever though for Album 4. I am happy she is getting to spend time with Mike! She seems very happy getting to go do things with him besides work related things like award shows and hockey events and such. She has gotten to go to the Knicks game, Phantom of the opera, Paisley concert with her hubby and I think she is very happy to have this break. But like I said, I do think she will come back with a bang!!

teesharky

I agree, and we are also going to have to acept that it's possible she was not asked to attend.
Clearly her label wants Miranda to be front and center. Carrie being there will generate alot of buzz especially in the aftermath of all the snub talk.
Every person nominated for a Grammy does not go. They won't all fit.
If she was not going to have a bottom seat on the main floor. What would be the reason? She might actually look strangers sitting in back.
Big stars don't just go and sit in back. Seating is very well planned out.
I see more label crap. And I don't really care. We all know she can't be at everythng for the rest of her life.
I would rather her not go than be a back seat to a lesser singer anyway.
Stay home and watch with the rest of us Carrie. You can come to Carriefans and we'll throw popcorn at the screen.

yeah it is possible the label wanted this year to be all about Miranda, so Carrie being there would steal her sunshine. Wow. just wow. I better not say anymore.

utlovescarrie

Oh good! Now I won't feel the need to tune in. TBH - all these award shows are just much but I watch when Carrie is there. I applaud Carrie for taking some time off. She needs to recharge AND give the general public a chance to miss her.

cpeTN89

I think if Carrie wanted to attend the Grammy's she could have. I think she just wanted a much needed break from it all, Thats really what i think is going down right now. I mean she is not performing and her nomination most likely will not be announced on the actual show so I don't see how her attending would steal Miranda's thunder. I really believe a lot of things going on hear lately are not as much as people are making it out to be. I think a lot of these things like the grammys are carrie's desicion.

stuffy

I could have sworn she said it in an interview.. I'll see if I can find it. Maybe I'm imagining it? lol?

EDIT-- Been searching for a while and can't find it. Maybe I'm crazy? lol I'll edit that part out of my post.

I remember the interview too. She said she wasn't going to go since the nomination period was during her down time, but they asked her to do the tribute.

Skipping the Grammys is not a big deal. Country artists have been skipping them for years and years.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I agree, and we are also going to have to acept that it's possible she was not asked to attend.
Clearly her label wants Miranda to be front and center. Carrie being there will generate alot of buzz especially in the aftermath of all the snub talk.
Every person nominated for a Grammy does not go. They won't all fit.
If she was not going to have a bottom seat on the main floor. What would be the reason? She might actually look strangers sitting in back.
Big stars don't just go and sit in back. Seating is very well planned out.
I see more label crap. And I don't really care. We all know she can't be at everythng for the rest of her life.
I would rather her not go than be a back seat to a lesser singer anyway.
Stay home and watch with the rest of us Carrie. You can come to Carriefans and we'll throw popcorn at the screen.

There is no way anyone who ask Carrie to not to go to the Grammy's. In fact, we don't know for a fact that Carrie was not asked to perform. Unless there is proof to the contrary, we should all assume that this is Carrie's personal choice and respect that choice.

Mirasa45A

Maybe because the Grammy this year is February 13 (one day before Valentine's Day), she will NOT attend the Grammy award, so she can spend The first Valentine's day as Husband and Wife together. :):):):):)

pklongbeach

There is no way anyone who ask Carrie to not to go to the Grammy's. In fact, we don't know for a fact that Carrie was not asked to perform. Unless there is proof to the contrary, we should all assume that this is Carrie's personal choice and respect that choice.
Maybe you can ilaborate on "there is no way...".
I can see clearly that within the label family it is arranged who will be gong and who won't.
Like I said, Everyone in the music industry does not just automatically "Go to the Grammys".
It is arranged that they will be there.
Carrie does not exactly just get to decide "I am Going to the Grammys".
Now I know shes is a nominee and that does put her in an eligable position for going.
But I am still going to stand on the idea that "it was decided" that Carrie would sit this one out.
As I also stated, it's not like Carrie would not have agreed or been happy, I'm sure she was fine with it. But to simply think that artists just go around making these decisions purly on their own is not a full picture of the situation.

teesharky

^ true, but Carrie said she hates Valentine's Day. lol I think mike may have a game too, not sure.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Maybe you can ilaborate on "there is no way...".
I can see clearly that within the label family it is arranged who will be gong and who won't.
Like I said, Everyone in the music industry does not just automatically "Go to the Grammys".
It is arranged that they will be there.
Carrie does not exactly just get to decide "I am Going to the Grammys".
Now I know shes is a nominee and that does put her in an eligable position for going.
But I am still going to stand on the idea that "it was decided" that Carrie would sit this one out.
As I also stated, it's not like Carrie would not have agreed or been happy, I'm sure she was fine with it. But to simply think that artists just go around making these decisions purly on their own is not a full picture of the situation.

Among other things, Carrie has a nomination. And regardless of the chance of winning, noone is going to prevent her from going when there is the potential that she will win an award.

^ true, but Carrie said she hates Valentine's Day. lol I think mike may have a game too, not sure.

Mike has a game in Edmonton on Feb 12 and in Ottawa on Feb 15. Nothing on Feb 13 or 14.

teesharky

I just hate how much power the record labels seem to have over people's careers. It is almost as if they not only decide who they are going to nominate, but who they will support to win, who will get to be featured at the Grammys this year, who will be their priority in terms of appearances and publicity--- and who is going to have a quiet year in the shadows. Sadly, the record label has unilaterally decided that the Play On tour goes unrecognized, and that Carrie will be snubbed for at least one year.

It started with the ACMS 2010--- as the label all supported Miranda over Carrie in the voting. She only won a fan voted award for EOTY. I am positive Brad got the industry vote for EOTY at last year's ACMS, but Carrie won the fan vote so we thwarted the label's plans. Now we are being punished. lol

What if the label decides that after Miranda's reign is over, that they will support some other hot new thing they just signed to the label? There is no guarantee that they are going to give Carrie support as the big star again, after Miranda's era ends. Miranda has a 4th album coming out too, and I can see them making that their main priority after the success of Revolution. They might spend all their promo dollars on Miranda, and short change Carrie's next project. I no longer trust these people with Carrie's career. I do not feel that they are going to promote Carrie's interests over Miranda or Brad or some new chick they may sign that needs promotion.

Jade_kt

If Carrie wanted to go she could go because she was nominated but I think Carrie just opted not too. Plus she probably wanted to spent time w/ Mike for Valentine Day's.

pklongbeach

Among other things, Carrie has a nomination. And regardless of the chance of winning, noone is going to prevent her from going when there is the potential that she will win an award.

Mike has a game in Edmonton on Feb 12 and in Ottawa on Feb 15. Nothing on Feb 13 or 14.
As I am not aware that this would be an award that is televised I still see there being a situation where "it is decided" that Miranda will go and represent the label.
If I was nominated for "sound engineering for a documentary on tennis shoe manufacturing" I could see where I might not expect to get invited. Not because I won't win but because the telecast is a industry run promotional junket for all the major labels to prance their most promoted product around for the public to see.
I think we know this.

pklongbeach

I just think with everything being very very different all of a sudden, this announcement is just in keeping with the sudden shift.
Carrie has always been very cooperative when it came to public events.
I agree that we don't know, but my theory is easily as plausible as anyone elses.

Kizmet311

I understand that we are all upset over the CMA/ACM snubs, but why do we have to turn Carrie not attending the Grammy's into a snub as well? It is highly possible that Carrie just didn't want to go. Unlike the EOTY snubs, we have no proof otherwise. If I was Carrie, I would much rather spend my first Valentine's Day as a married woman with my husband, than at an award show where I am not performing and my award will mostl likely be presented in a pre-show. Artists do not go to award shows like the Grammy's every year. It isn't like the CMA's or ACM's, where pretty much any country artist that wants to can go whether they are nominated or performing or not. Carrie has gone to the Grammy's four years straight, so what if she doesn't go this year!

Pi314CA

Hmm I don't know I think it's probably a big deal to Carrie. I mean she went straight from getting married to touring again and could have scheduled some more time off for herself. I think she was really gunning for those EOTY nominations. I'm sure she's put everything in perspective, but still it has to sting. So being tired from the tour, being a newlywed and a little bummed about the noms I think she's just chillin for a bit.

ITA. Carrie was gunning for those EOTY nods/awards. Living out of a suitcase for 100+ shows is a crazy hectic schedule. I've traveled for work often and it gets tiring and lonely. I don't think any other country artist last year or this year have done a 100+ show tour. Carrie gave it her all, at every show. So, yeah, she is recuperating, spending time with Mike, chillin', and probably strategizing.

Jade_kt

Yes that is how I took it as well. She has something else planned this weekend.

If Carrie made it seem like she had something else planned this weekend, then I think it's Mike and Carrie having a Valentine weekend getaway or just spending time together for the Valentine weekend. I much rather her spend time w/ her husband that go to the Grammy's where her category won't even be televised but would only be on the preshow. Hopefully there's still a chance TH can win even w/ Carrie not being there.

pklongbeach

Just for the record, I never said anything about a snub.
I don't see it that way at all.
Carrie knows perfectly well how the system works. she's been doing it now for 5 years.
I'm not trying to suggest that she is currently hurt and upset for being left off a list.
Maybe she is thrilled! I have no idea.
But that does not mean that this was not a planned set of circumstances.