Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

Jade_kt

We don't have a clue what Carrie has been thru with her label, management, people in the industry. We just know she has been on a tremendously long tour and got married and after that a lot of sad things have been going on. She has been working steady for a long time and as hard as she knew how. In one area of her life she has some wonderful things going on - a husband and a new puppy and a new house. Mike has a lot going on in his life with all this talk about trades. I'm sorry but as much as I miss Carrie, I think its time for Carrie to think about Carrie. If I'd been thru half of what she has been thru I'd want a break too. I don't know if I wouldn't have walked away for a while - especially if she thinks her peers resent her wins also. There are so many scenarios and I'm not going to go into them. I hear her music on the radio all the time - they aren't forgetting her - they love her and they'll play her songs. We just need some patience and a little trust in what decisions she comes up with. I for one am just glad she has none of me in her and hasn't walked away from all this rubbish thats been going on.

^^^Yes one of my country radio stations played BHC on my way back from work today and the dj even mentioned about Carrie being in the Soul Surfer movie and that he can't wait to see the special effects on that one (also referring to the special effects in BHC).

teesharky

When does the eligibility period end for next year's Grammys? If Carrie doesn't release anything this year until the lead single from album #4, I don't know if she'll even be nominated next year.

September 30, 2011. So that was why I was upset. She won't be at next year's Grammys either unless she releases a new single prior to the cutoff date, and it gets nominated.

I am just not very confident that the Grammys will nominate MAma's Song, which is the only song eligible right now.

TAPFU is also eligible for Movie Song at next year's Grammys, but it faces all that tough competition from Burlesque, Country Strong, Tangled, etc....so I am not going to be too cocky about its chances after the Oscars.

Jade_kt

^^^Well maybe a special duet w/ another artist will be released instead or Carrie plans on making a quick album.....lol. Maybe PO was just made to help w/ her PO tour and now she plans on making another album quick since the tour is over. Either way, I think Carrie is thinking long term in her career and not just short term. So long as she is able to make music for years to come, I will be happy.

teesharky

LOL. I know. Thinking way too far in advance.

But if you are on Carrie's Label and management team, you have to think that far in advance. That is what they pay them the big bucks for. If they don't plan ahead, they can miss out on many opportunities like the Grammys, etc.

teesharky

^^^Well maybe a special duet w/ another artist will be released instead or Carrie plans on making a quick album.....lol. Maybe PO was just made to help w/ her PO tour and now she plans on making another album quick since the tour is over.

I hope so, Maybe one of her surprise duets will get nominated. I just hope they are submitted and released in time for the cut off date.

All I know, is that Taylor and Miranda must be doing shots of Petronne right now, celebrating that Carrie is taking time off. She is their biggest competition, and she is taking herself out of the running. (or maybe the label took her out of the running for her-- who knows).

Gator

^^ I agree that radio is still playing a lot of Carrie. I was recently on a 14 hr car trip (each way) and heard many Carrie's songs. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I only heard TS once during that same trip! It's evident radio still loves Carrie! :D

jeff

just another fan
didn't carrie say some time back that she was "award showed out" when she finally decided not to attend one of the award shows?

TOPDOG1001

I'm fine with her not attending. She has already mingled with the "big wigs." If Carrie wants to work or meet with someone, I'm sure her label/management will be happy to make it happen. Of course, not if Miranda wants it done first. ;)

teesharky

I am just very curious if she will attend the ACMS, and if so, will she perform?

It also calls into question the CMA Fest this year, since she has no album or single to promote. CMT awards--- same thing. She may skip them all if she doesn't have a song to sing or anything to promote.

Pakajaka

I kind of hope she skips the ACMS too, on principle. lol Why not? She is skipping everything else, anyway, so why not skip the one award show where it would really make a statement with her absent? I hope she does skip it.

I don't think she will skip the ACM's too, because no matter how she is feeling, it would appear as if she is "put out" and pouting. Showing her feelings, no matter what they are is not Carrie's style. She is too private. Plus, Mike will be around for the ACM's to support her and bring her the happy. It has to be such a drag to go everywhere alone without your hubby with you. I truly think that since Carrie is getting a taste of married life, she sets her priorities different and I am glad. Mike hates being in the limelight so he is probably hoping her stardom tames down some but also that she remains very successful. Don't forget when Mike retires ( I think he has 2 years on his contract) and Carrie isn't getting any younger, the little Fisherwoods will start arriving and that will be whole other set of priorities. We were lucky we got Carrie at 21 yo, unattached, no children and had the time to build her career before real life set in. We will all be fine...:)))

teesharky

^ I hear what you are saying, and I agree she may go to the ACMS for that reason, as she is very classy. She will look bad if she doesn't go. You are right. I just hope they let her perform as that would really suck for her to just sit there all night, snubbed, not performing, and ignored, watching others win all night.

But I hope for Carrie's sake, that you are wrong about Mike hoping her stardom tames down. That is like wishing she would be less successful, as in this business your "stardom" is everything, really. But Mike seems very supportive of Carrie's career, so I think (and hope), that he would only want Carrie's stardom to rise higher and higher, not lower or tone down. He doesn't seem like the selfish type who would want that of someone he loves, but a very nice guy, so I bet he wants Carrie to reach all of her dreams, and for her stardom to shine brighter then ever.

teesharky

^ I know. I am just not used to her not being at award shows, not being nominated, not winning, not having songs on the radio, and not doing anything in the spotlight. lol If there were a 5th single, this would be so much easier to bare. But waiting 9 months or more for a new song is going to be killer.

My God how do the Shania Twain fans handle this? lol I would be so sad if I were a die hard Shania fan.

Taylor and Miranda are definitely loving this hibernating Carrie phase. I am sure they are jumping for joy, as there is less competition for them now. They probably hope she stays in Canada indefinitely. lol

Claire2004

Since the Grammy is out, lol, what's the next Carrie event we can look forward to? Her Opry performance in March 4 is the closest one? I'm seriously suffering from withdrawal, feels like weeks and weeks since MS peaked lol

teesharky

I feel the same way. Until the Opry thing, and CRS radio National anthem thing the same week in March, there is nothing at all on Carrie's calendar that we are aware of. Maybe she will spend the entire month writing. That would be great as then she would have a major jump start on the new album.

Then April is the dreaded ACMS which I won't watch, but I will watch the LAdies Night thing since that is actually honoring Carrie. Then we have Soul Surfer, and she has that Stage coach festival in April too.

Maybe she will do talk shows in April to help promote Soul Surfer. They often have supporting acts do tv talk shows like Ellen etc to help support the movie. I hope Carrie does that.

Maybe she will perform on American Idol at the finale, though without a single on the radio to promote, I can't imagine what she would sing.

If she doesn't do the CMA FEst or CMT awards this year due to her hibernation phase, then it could be a long summer. lol

DaisyTweets

Isn't this CRS rado thingie the place where Sony has that boat gathering that Carrie has performed at several times? Let's hope she's performing again this year! Guess we'll have to watch twitter or something?

Oh the CMA fest performers are going to be announced in 25 mins.

abbeyjones18

I feel the same way. Until the Opry thing, and CRS radio National anthem thing the same week in March, there is nothing at all on Carrie's calendar that we are aware of. Maybe she will spend the entire month writing. That would be great as then she would have a major jump start on the new album.

Then April is the dreaded ACMS which I won't watch, but I will watch the LAdies Night thing since that is actually honoring Carrie. Then we have Soul Surfer, and she has that Stage coach festival in April too.

Maybe she will do talk shows in April to help promote Soul Surfer. They often have supporting acts do tv talk shows like Ellen etc to help support the movie. I hope Carrie does that.

Maybe she will perform on American Idol at the finale, though without a single on the radio to promote, I can't imagine what she would sing.

If she doesn't do the CMA FEst or CMT awards this year due to her hibernation phase, then it could be a long summer. lol

Does anyone know whether or not Idol is doing an Idol Gives Back Special this year? Maybe Carrie is involved in that...

Kizmet311

Isn't this CRS rado thingie the place where Sony has that boat gathering that Carrie has performed at several times? Let's hope she's performing again this year! Guess we'll have to watch twitter or something?

Oh the CMA fest performers are going to be announced in 25 mins.

Oh, wow! Where can we find the list of performers?