Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

Jade_kt

^^^If that was the case, I don't think they would have nominated TH. I think she just chose to spend time w/ Mike than go to the Grammy's this year.

teesharky

One thing that bothers me. We are all sitting here assuming that this quiet period, and snub season, will end with Carrie's next album cycle. But how do we know that? Miranda is putting out a new album at the same time as Carrie again, likely this fall. So why wouldn't the label promote Miranda again next year's award season, and snub Carrie again? They are going to want to promote the crap out of Miranda's next album after the success of Revolution. So who is to say that Carrie won't be forced to play second fiddle to Miranda again, even after their next albums come out?

They might all vote for Miranda's new album at the next round of award shows too. We have no assurance that the label is going to suddenly turn back the support to Carrie for Album 4. It could be another round of Miranda overload, for all we know.

This is why I want her to change labels. She will always be competing with Mirnada now for attention, promotion by the label, and backing by the label for nominations. They might just say, well, Carrie won enough. Let's let Miranda catch up to her and dominate another season of award shows.

It is sickening.

teesharky

I just think with everything being very very different all of a sudden, this announcement is just in keeping with the sudden shift.
Carrie has always been very cooperative when it came to public events.
I agree that we don't know, but my theory is easily as plausible as anyone elses.

Agree. And now I am convinced that Miranda Lambert will be performing at the Dolly PArton tribute concert too. They will want her to hob nob with Dolly for maximum country exposure and love. Imagine the photo opps? The Queen of country music, and the princess. Notice the Loretta Lynn thing at the cMAS was also all about Miranda, not Carrie. It was a subtle message, but it seemed they wanted to showcase Miranda with Loretta instead of Carrie.

I am sure that if Carrie were asked to perform at Dolly's tribute event, she would have done so--- Valentine's Day be damned. She could fly out Sunday morning and skip the actual Grammys, to be with Mike on the 13th and 14th, since the Dolly thing is the 12th. Carrie loves Dolly and admires her....plus Dolly did Carrie a favor by appearing on her Xmas show. So I think Carrie would be there if invited. It will be Mirnada instead, and I think it was well planned in advance by the label.

Just watch for the headlines. It will be all about Miranda at the Dolly tribute, as she is now the new face of country music. Forget Carrie. They don't need her anymore (at least not right now).

cpeTN89

I think right now they are trying to promote Miranda to get her to the superstar status. But it is not going to happen. Miranda will never have the same superstar status that Carrie has. She just doesn't have that special "it" factor that Carrie does. A label is all about making money and I think they are trying to get another female SUPERstar like Carrie so they can make twice the money. But I don't think they will ignore the fact that Carrie is really the "Cash cow" within the label and will really promote her when Album 4 comes out because they know that Carrie is going to be where they are going to make biggest profit.

DaisyTweets

One thing that bothers me. We are all sitting here assuming that this quiet period, and snub season, will end with Carrie's next album cycle. But how do we know that? Miranda is putting out a new album at the same time as Carrie again, likely this fall. So why wouldn't the label promote Miranda again next year's award season, and snub Carrie again? They are going to want to promote the crap out of Miranda's next album after the success of Revolution. So who is to say that Carrie won't be forced to play second fiddle to Miranda again, even after their next albums come out?

They might all vote for Miranda's new album at the next round of award shows too. We have no assurance that the label is going to suddenly turn back the support to Carrie for Album 4. It could be another round of Miranda overload, for all we know.

This is why I want her to change labels. She will always be competing with Mirnada now for attention, promotion by the label, and backing by the label for nominations. They might just say, well, Carrie won enough. Let's let Miranda catch up to her and dominate another season of award shows.

It is sickening.

Gosh Tee, now you're making me weary reading your posts. There's no way that any of us can know the future. And in whose world was Revolution bigger than Play On? Which one sold more albums? Which one had more #1s?

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- they can shove all they want but I don't have it buy it and I'm not. The only way I'll be getting any music of Miranda Lambert's is if I find it free somewhere. I haven't liked her music and I can't foresee that changing even with the next album.

Carrie performs and sings circles around Miranda Lambert. Carrie is on a whole different level than Miranda -- Carrie is MEGA superstar and Miranda not so much. Please stop selling Carrie and her career short. Carrie isn't going anywhere -- she's stronger than ever and she doesn't need any award to tell her that.

teesharky

^ I just don't trust the label anymore after what they did to Carrie. It is broken. I feel like a naive fool for thinking the best man won in this business. It is all about label politics and who they want to promote. If they don't think it is going to benefit them for Carrie to win more awards, they will keep focusing on Miranda.

sorry-- but my trust in them is broken.

And I am NOT the one selling Carrie short: The label is! They determine not only who gets awards, but who gets exposure. You can't sell albums without promotion and exposure. Right now, they are deciding that Miranda is getting it all, and Carrie is getting the shaft. Also, Revolution was bigger then Play On in terms of critical acclaim, and awards. Carrie has more sales, but the label is doing everything they can to change that by getting Miranda to sell more and more, with more exposure.

HuiZ

Hmm I don't know I think it's probably a big deal to Carrie. I mean she went straight from getting married to touring again and could have scheduled some more time off for herself. I think she was really gunning for those EOTY nominations. I'm sure she's put everything in perspective, but still it has to sting. So being tired from the tour, being a newlywed and a little bummed about the noms I think she's just chillin for a bit.
Wouldn't the concert dates be planned well in advance though? I'm guessing the dates are sort of already in place before Mike even proposed?

Jade_kt

If they want to promote Miranda let them. It's not a big deal. They can't just promote only Carrie all the time; they have to promote other artists too. I mean this is a business. I know when album #4 comes out who's album I will be buying anyways. Plus this gives Carrie a chance to recuperate and rest from her year long tour and for having gone non-stop for the past 6 years before she will start up again w/ album #4. I rather her and her voice be rested for album #4 to promote that when it comes out than her to be tiredlessly promoting an album that has been out for a while and is on it's last leg anyways. Carrie's label can't just only rely on Carrie for revenue so they will probably be promoting Miranda as much as possible during Carrie's down time since Miranda isn't known much outside the country genre like Carrie is.

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

Well we have no idea how big of a deal the Dolly tribute is. For all we know its just cocktails and they make a little speech. Perhaps someone with twitter can tweet the Grammys and find out some more details. And for all we know Carrie is going to the stuff on Sat. night. She was asked specifically about the Grammys not the other stuff.

DaisyTweets

Wouldn't the concert dates be planned well in advance though? I'm guessing the dates are sort of already in place before Mike even proposed?
I think this is probably right. I wouldn't be surprised if what some plans are already being made for next year's tour. And I would expect that next year's tour is going to be structured sorta like Brad's. Bigger venues and only out on the road 3 or 4 days and then home. I expect she will be home much more than she has been on the last two tours.

epicamends

Well, I guess I just better prepare myself to have a very quiet 2011 in Carrieland, up until the next album gets released (which will hopefully still happen at the end of this year). Then 2012 will come back with a bang. I'm not gonna care about award shows anymore - all I need is Carrie, her music, and the chance to see her live in concert several more times. :)

epicamends

I think this is probably right. I wouldn't be surprised if what some plans are already being made for next year's tour. And I would expect that next year's tour is going to be structured sorta like Brad's. Bigger venues and only out on the road 3 or 4 days and then home. I expect she will be home much more than she has been on the last two tours.

I agree. Carrie has always done more shows to smaller venues, and perhaps has oversaturated the market in some areas where she seems to do 3-4 shows per year in the same area (different cities, but all within an easy drive of each other). I think next tour will likely be larger venues and less tour dates, like most of the superstar acts in country music do - Brad, Keith, George, Reba, etc.

I really hope she does Madison Square Garden someday!

DaisyTweets

I agree. Carrie has always done more shows to smaller venues, and perhaps has oversaturated the market in some areas where she seems to do 3-4 shows per year in the same area (different cities, but all within an easy drive of each other). I think next tour will likely be larger venues and less tour dates, like most of the superstar acts in country music do - Brad, Keith, George, Reba, etc.

I really hope she does Madison Square Garden someday!

I always have thought that Carrie did it that way to build her touring fan base. Not sure if that's right but that's what I've thought. I've also thought that she is in some ways modeling how Brad did/does things but that could totally be out in left field thinking. At least Carrie didn't think that after one year of moderate success she should perform at the Super Bowl halftime show!!!!!! Someone is getting too big for their britches and I have a feeling they're going to be knocked back down a peg or two!!!!

epicamends

I always have thought that Carrie did it that way to build her touring fan base. Not sure if that's right but that's what I've thought. I've also thought that she is in some ways modeling how Brad did/does things but that could totally be out in left field thinking. At least Carrie didn't think that after one year of moderate success she should perform at the Super Bowl halftime show!!!!!! Someone is getting too big for their britches and I have a feeling they're going to be knocked back down a peg or two!!!!

Oh, she definitely did that to build her touring fan base, and it was a very smart and incredibly business-savvy thing to do. But I think she has accomplished that by now, so I think next tour we will see bigger venues and fewer shows. Maybe 60-70 shows per tour instead of 100+. She's established as one of the biggest superstars in country music now, and has a great reputation for putting on amazing live shows, so I think she could pull it off. :)

teesharky

Well we have no idea how big of a deal the Dolly tribute is. For all we know its just cocktails and they make a little speech. Perhaps someone with twitter can tweet the Grammys and find out some more details. And for all we know Carrie is going to the stuff on Sat. night. She was asked specifically about the Grammys not the other stuff.

They already announced that it is a private tribute concert that is invite only. It won't be televised, but I think alot of industry people will be there. Dolly is a huge legend, so she deserves a nice tribute. I hope they don't short change her.

teesharky

agree. I saw that tweet. I thought it was a bit presumptuous to think she can do the Superbowl already.
She may have been kidding though, in all fairness to the little dog. lol

epicamends

Guess Carrie's still in LA - she was just spotted with Demi Lovato apparently. (Kind of a random duo - didn't even know they knew each other.)