Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will not be at this year's Grammys

sam_vzla

I kind of hope she skips the ACMS too, on principle. lol Why not? She is skipping everything else, anyway, so why not skip the one award show where it would really make a statement with her absent? I hope she does skip it.

Honestly, I think skipping the ACMs would make things much worse.

Where did you hear that? I never heard that interview. Is it recent? It just seems like an odd thing for her to say, unless she knew Taylor was going to sweep everything. But she took Mike with her last year, and she also performed at the Clive Davis party, so it seems like she had plans to be there well in advance last year.

Well she didnt go to the previous ceremony where the country awards are given, and she was there all the 3 years before, so she probably knew something. Or maybe it was just because Mike was with her, because it was weird that she wasnt there to accept her Grammy for ITYS.

Jade_kt

^^^True she wasn't there to pick up her award during the pre-telecast last year but still performed at the Grammy's. So maybe she only went because she was asked to perform the MJ tribute. That or she was running late.

Zman312

TBH, these award shows are boring and since she is not performing it works in her best interest to stay home and enjoy the day with her husband. Carrie always siad she loves stay at home than going out and being that she is a shy person, she rather just spend the day home with her loved ones! Granted if she was just a normol person, than it would be unhealthy for her to spend all her time with her husband, but they are not normal people, they both have very busy schedules and I don't blame her for wanting to stay home!

Even though, as fans we want her everywhere; it's best for her to relax before going full force for album #4. It's not about anyone else but Carrie!!!

Claire2004

Honestly, I think skipping the ACMs would make things much worse.

Well she didnt go to the previous ceremony where the country awards are given, and she was there all the 3 years before, so she probably knew something. Or maybe it was just because Mike was with her, because it was weird that she wasnt there to accept her Grammy for ITYS.

I agree. I think the best thing is to attend the ACMs and give the best performance, that'll show them! lol

Claire2004

I don't really see what the big deal is. She has like .05 chance of winning, seeing as how her label will be tripping over thier own neck ties to back Miranda like they have with everything else. She's not performing so really what does it matter? She'll attend the ACM's and perform. I'm not really sure she's taking time off, but probably writing a little and getting ready for album number 4. Besides I would rather her take time off to be with her family/husband until she is refreshed and ready to put new stuff out again. She's had a lot of bummer things happen to her lately so maybe she just needs time to rest and get excited about the music again. I totally see nothing wrong with that. I want a killer next album, not one she just threw together so fans wouldn't freak out about her not being everywhere.

You have a way with words that makes me go LOL! lol :D

I hope she is not going to take an indefinite leave of absence or quit music or anything drastic like that. (and please don't bash me for saying that-- usual suspects- I am just speculating here).
Not saying this to be mean or anything, but just saying, I love you haha :)
Im sad Carrie's not going to the grammys, but not completely blown away by the decision

Kizmet311

TBH, these award shows are boring and since she is not performing it works in her best interest to stay home and enjoy the day with her husband. Carrie always siad she loves stay at home than going out and being that she is a shy person, she rather just spend the day home with her loved ones! Granted if she was just a normol person, than it would be unhealthy for her to spend all her time with her husband, but they are not normal people, they both have very busy schedules and I don't blame her for wanting to stay home!

Even though, as fans we want her everywhere; it's best for her to relax before going full force for album #4. It's not about anyone else but Carrie!!!

Uh-oh - it's unhealthy for me to spend all my time with my husband, lol? :D I'm in trouble then. We can't hardly stand to be away from each other for a night and we've been married 3 years and spend most of our time together, lol.

abbeyjones18

It's going to be a boring, in my opinion...no matter if Carrie was going or not. Also, in my opnion, it doesn't mean that she lost or won...I still think that she has a chance at winning, but that's just my opinion...

AIgrl06

It's too bad she won't be there, but there'll be plenty of opportunities in the future for her to go the Grammys. At least we know now, and we won't have to keep our eyes peeled throughout the entire carpet/show waiting for her to be shown and freaking out!

Kizmet311

As for Carrie not attending the Grammy's, I guess it really isn't that surprising. Her one nomination is during the pre-telecast and while I think she only has competition from one song, it's some pretty strong competition. She isn't performing and she's attended/performed at every Grammy since 2007. We have just been spoiled because Carrie has attended/performed more than the average country singer. Most musicians, except for the top names in pop music, aren't at the Grammy every year. It had to happen eventually that Carrie wouldn't attend the Grammy's and this is as good a year as any for her to stay home in Canada or Nasvhille and be with Mike or work on the album. Carrie had a busy year last year, so I think she deserves a few months off if she wants it. She'll be back out soon enough for the ACM's and Soul Surfer promotion/premiere.

nccountrygal

Uh-oh - it's unhealthy for me to spend all my time with my husband, lol? :D I'm in trouble then. We can't hardly stand to be away from each other for a night and we've been married 3 years and spend most of our time together, lol.

Wait till you have been married for 20 years you might be singing a different tune. Just kidding!

sam_vzla

As for Carrie not attending the Grammy's, I guess it really isn't that surprising. Her one nomination is during the pre-telecast and while I think she only has competition from one song, it's some pretty strong competition. She isn't performing and she's attended/performed at every Grammy since 2007. We have just been spoiled because Carrie has attended/performed more than the average country singer. Most musicians, except for the top names in pop music, aren't at the Grammy every year. It had to happen eventually that Carrie wouldn't attend the Grammy's and this is as good a year as any for her to stay home in Canada or Nasvhille and be with Mike or work on the album. Carrie had a busy year last year, so I think she deserves a few months off if she wants it. She'll be back out soon enough for the ACM's and Soul Surfer promotion/premiere.

Are we sure about this already? I was thinking it would suck big time if this year they decide to present Country Female in the live show. I think they change some of the categories they present live each year. But maybe if they were going to, Carrie would have gone.

rainbow1

Carrie addressed us as "Beautiful People". She's never done that before. Maybe that was her way of saying "thanks" for backing her up, in all of this mess with the label. Just a thought.

12russ79

Thank god now we don't have to play WHERE'S CARRIE at the Grammies!!! *And not have some be disappointed with her hair!! Or disappointed with her Dress!! Or disappointed where's she sitting!! Or disappointed she isn't on camera enough!!*
Thank God OUR GIRL doesn't have to promote herself every single second of every day!! She has a life and as her fan I follow her career i don't second guess evey little decision she makes I'm just thankful that Carrie is able to live her Dream on her terms!!! Can't wait to hear some new music I think Carrie has grown so much as an artist and a person since PO that her next project will be her MAGNUM OPUS and I can't wait to hear it!! Until then as fans I think Carrie deserves our support even when chooses to stay out of the limelight for the time being!!! *Priorities change when you find your soulmate and I think we all should be happy that in the future when she does win more awards she has someone very special to share it with!!

Farawayhills

Although I fully support Carrie's right to take her own decisions about her priorities, I can't help wondering if this is in her best career interests.

All award shows have their flaws, and may suck or be boring from time to time - but they are showcases for the industry. Just now, the record company is not putting Carrie forward to the extent they should be (as we and others elsewhere have said), and that seems to be giving her career a lower profile outside the loyal fanbase. All the more reason to be seen at these big occasion showcases.
Also, an artist's reaction to disappointing nominations, and even losses, gets noticed, with lots of internet comment. Those who are seen to react with respect and generosity for the other choices made earn more respect (I think Carrie does feel that way already - but showing it publicly to an unforgiving press and public never hurts).
Finally, being at the event can win you kudos with the voters, which can carry over into support for other years (Admitedly, that is based on the smaller audience IBMAs and AMAs, which love artists who are seen to fully commit to their formats - but it wouldn't surprise me if it cut some ice with the bigger award shows too)

HuiZ

Haha. I was thinking the same thing too. Uh-oh for me as well lol.

I don't know how Carrie does it lol. Can't blame her at all for wanting a break to spend with Mike. I would too after one whole year of hardly seeing each other :p