Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's singing with the Stones tonight!

Mirasa45A

The Rolling Stones does not smoke during their concert anymore now -- they used to smoke like crazy during concerts before.

DaisyTweets

This made the paper here in the Twin Cities -- for those that don't know where that is, its Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota -- everyday they have a section of news from around the world that they get from the AP. There was a picture of Carrie & Mick and a nice little blurb.

Just wanted to add that when one thinks that she's one of only 50 other artists to do this it really is an honor and so cool -- whether you like the band or rock -n- roll or not. We know that Carrie loves it and she was BEYOND thrilled with the honor and opportunity.

Ann055

Thanks Ann.

I just checked out some of the other duet performances on YouTube. Keith Richards' reaction after the song was finished was such a stark difference to his reaction in the other duets that I think it says a lot about our gal. : )

That's what I thought, too. He was clapping and smiling and he hugged her. Also, did you notice Lisa Fischer clapping and that big ole grin when Carrie was singing her verse (and Lisa wasn't singing either)? She looked very happy herself. Between Carrie's voice and how obviously excited she was to be on the same stage as them, I think it went very well noticed by all of them. It was probably very refreshing for them to see someone so very appreciative of being on that stage. Trying to follow Mick and not get in his way (both vocally and on stage)...she's so cute, although I would have loved for her to just let her vocals go, but Carrie would never want to step on or over a legend! I bet she learned a lot from Mick in that few minutes too...she'll probably study the videos. Just think if they would have been able to really rehearse like she was able to do with Steven Tyler. I'm so darn proud of her!!!!!

Pi314CA

Carrie looked like a little kid meeting her Idol --so cute and adorable :):)

Humm, I think it's more like Carrie meeting one of her childhood legends. It's pretty out-of-this-world to think that Carrie has had an opportunity to sing with legends (Tony Bennett, Steven Tyler, Rolling Stones) before they retire.

teesharky

This made the paper here in the Twin Cities -- for those that don't know where that is, its Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota -- everyday they have a section of news from around the world that they get from the AP. There was a picture of Carrie & Mick and a nice little blurb.

Just wanted to add that when one thinks that she's one of only 50 other artists to do this it really is an honor and so cool -- whether you like the band or rock -n- roll or not. We know that Carrie loves it and she was BEYOND thrilled with the honor and opportunity.

Agree this is huge! Perhaps the Stones will release a special dvd with all 50 performances?! And carrie could be on it?

i wonder what others will be picked?! Really will be cool to see who.

Ann055

Humm, I think it's more like Carrie meeting one of her childhood legends. It's pretty out-of-this-world to think that Carrie has had an opportunity to sing with legends (Tony Bennett, Steven Tyler, Rolling Stones) before they retire.

I agree! And also, Smokey Robinson when she was there and sang as he received the Ella Award. Just shows you not only what a wonderful vocalist she is, but what a wonderful person she is! She makes me proud every day!

teesharky

agree - and add:

Stevie Wonder
Smokey Robinson
Celine Dion
Heart
Bryan Adams
Harry Connick Jr
Mariah Carey
Beyonce
Mary J Blige
John Fogerty
Randy Travis
Dolly Parton
Vince Niel of Motley Crue

The list goes on and on...

Mirasa45A

To think that Carrie sang "It's Only Rock & Roll " is the more special because she is a country singer and not a rock singer like Tina Turner !

Farawayhills

Wait who is Lisa Fisher? The backup singer?

Lisa Fischer has been a part of every Stones tour since the late 1980s. If she liked Carrie's stage performance, that is something to be really proud about - the Stones are the legends, but this lady is top of her field as a Contemporary Blues session singer.

She's featured in this earlier video:

teesharky

ahh thanx so much! This makes me so happy! Sadly I never pay enough attention to the backup singers. But I will pay attention to her now. :)

Lisa Fischer has been a part of every Stones tour since the late 1980s. If she liked Carrie's stage performance, that is something to be really proud about - the Stones are the legends, but this lady is top of her field as a Contemporary Blues session singer.

She's featured in this earlier video: