Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's singing with the Stones tonight!

teesharky

So happy for her amazing.

Add to list:

Usher
J.Hudson
M.Buble

(her contemporaries are important also...)

Josh Groban too--- on Orah with Michael Buble and Tony Bennett. :)

And she sang with Elvis from the grave on the Christmas duet. :)

And sang on Loretta's Covers album-- just not with her.

Carrieflattsfan

Carrie looked like she was having the time of her life up there.

It's really incredible how well-respected she is among so many, both modern artists and legends. Not many artists can say they've caught the attention of the Stones, Steven Tyler, Tony Benette, and the list goes on.

No matter how many albums she sells or how iconic she may be years down the line, THIS is what says the most about her impact and talent as an artist. She can get up there and sing with anybody and be universally praised by so many artists who are quick to criticize almost anybody in modern music. The fact that Carrie has earned the respect of legends that is SO hard to earn speaks volumes about her, and it has to feel pretty amazing.

I love seeing Carrie perform with people she looks up to, and I love it even more when she can hold her own and blow the artist themselves away. Love this woman and all of the amazing things she has accomplished.

Rock on, Carrie!!

Mirasa45A

Carrie looked like she was having the time of her life up there.

It's really incredible how well-respected she is among so many, both modern artists and legends. Not many artists can say they've caught the attention of the Stones, Steven Tyler, Tony Benette, and the list goes on.

No matter how many albums she sells or how iconic she may be years down the line, THIS is what says the most about her impact and talent as an artist. She can get up there and sing with anybody and be universally praised by so many artists who are quick to criticize almost anybody in modern music. The fact that Carrie has earned the respect of legends that is SO hard to earn speaks volumes about her, and it has to feel pretty amazing.

I love seeing Carrie perform with people she looks up to, and I love it even more when she can hold her own and blow the artist themselves away. Love this woman and all of the amazing things she has accomplished.

Rock on, Carrie!!

YES, Carrie is a very unique and special artist !

liz278

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Now Can Carrie Underwood Be on Rolling Stone Cover?

OFFSTAGE: Now Can Carrie Underwood Be on Rolling Stone Cover?
Let me get this straight: Carrie Underwood can sing with the Rolling Stones. And then Rolling Stone magazine will review that performance. But she isn't on the cover of Rolling Stone yet? What's a girl gotta do to get on that legendary cover?

It's been eight years since her big American Idol win, so I'd bet that Underwood is more than ready. I mean, I'm sure singing 1974's "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)" with the band, like she did in Toronto on Saturday (May 25), was a bucket list kind of thing.

You could tell that from her post-show tweets: "I just sang with the ‪@RollingStones!" And, "Holy cow! I walked off stage and said, "What just happened?!" Still can't believe it! :)" But still. Don't you think it's about time Underwood -- as Dr. Hook sang in the song "Cover of the Rolling Stone" -- got her smiling face on the cover of the Rolling Stone?‬

Gator

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Now Can Carrie Underwood Be on Rolling Stone Cover?

OFFSTAGE: Now Can Carrie Underwood Be on Rolling Stone Cover?
Let me get this straight: Carrie Underwood can sing with the Rolling Stones. And then Rolling Stone magazine will review that performance. But she isn't on the cover of Rolling Stone yet? What's a girl gotta do to get on that legendary cover?

It's been eight years since her big American Idol win, so I'd bet that Underwood is more than ready. I mean, I'm sure singing 1974's "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)" with the band, like she did in Toronto on Saturday (May 25), was a bucket list kind of thing.

You could tell that from her post-show tweets: "I just sang with the ‪@RollingStones!" And, "Holy cow! I walked off stage and said, "What just happened?!" Still can't believe it! :)" But still. Don't you think it's about time Underwood -- as Dr. Hook sang in the song "Cover of the Rolling Stone" -- got her smiling face on the cover of the Rolling Stone?‬

Thanks, Liz.

Go Alison! :-D

Carrieflattsfan

Carrie's tweets after performing with the Stones were adorable. It's funny to remember Carrie was nothing more than a music fan like the rest of us just a few short years ago; now she's performing with (and respected by), so many of her childhood idols. Awesome.

Gator

Country Aircheck - 5/28/2013

Honky Tonk Woman:
BLKlOXZCAAElRSo.jpg
Carrie Underwood
joined the Rolling Stones on stage during the band's 50 & Counting tour stop in Toronto Saturday night (5/25) to sing "It's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It)." "8 years ago today, I won @AmericanIdol," Carrie tweeted after her performance. "Tonight, I sang with the @RollingStones! Wow, so much has happened! #Thankful." Watch here.

evink

Saw The Stones Concert Here In Vegas a few weeks ago bootlegged it,but no Carrie present. The stones are only Doing 14 Dates here in the States...I got In free and got vip pass too...Was Great Time...Maybe she'll sing with Fleetwood Mac Next...Just saw Them other night MGM Grand Garden Arena Was Stevie Nicks 65th B-Day Got in free too... N bootlegged it...LOL>>>...u know the rules here on out...no p=nofc...;o)

teesharky

I miss Carrie playing guitar and piano. I hope she does it on the next tour. Odd she totally scrapped it this tour.

sco

^It isnt like she actually plays that much lol she usually just strums a couple cords.

Ha, ha ... good point. She would undoubtedly be the first to admit that she is not really a pianist or a guitarist. She's said before that she prefers to sing and leave the instruments to the professionals.

teesharky

^ She plays just as good as Miranda and Taylor---- so I don't see the problem. But Carrie is a perfectionist and never thinks she is good enough-- whereas Miranda and Taylor don't care and just play anyway-- which is fine too. Either way.

Anyway-- here is Katy Perry's performance with Stones from a few weeks ago if interested. I was curious. Plan to watch Keith's next, etc.

It is hilarious how different Katy's style was from Carrie's! Carrie was cute and fun and rocked out, clearly in awe of Mick and properly like a kid in a candy store. Her vocals were stellar. Katy was a sex kitten, vamping it up with everyone and flirting up a storm. lol She looked like Betty Boop. lol but she was entertaining so it is all good. I like Katy-- don't get me wrong. Her vocals are vastly outshined by Carrie's-- but Katy has self-confidence on stage. I will give her that for sure. lol

The Rolling Stones & Katy Perry - Beast Of Burden live in Las Vegas (11th May 2013) - YouTube