Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Church Bells On The Mediabase Charts

Kizmet311

There's a guy on Pulse who maintains a list of all the #1 Hits so I used it to make a list of just the Female Artists solo or group with at least 5 Billboard #1's. The earlier artist is listed first in case of ties.

As of 7/18/2016

11. Dolly Parton-25-1971-2006
12. Reba McEntire-25-1983-2011
18. Tammy Wynette-20-1967-1977
24. Crystal Gayle-18-1976-1987
31. Loretta Lynn-16-1967-1978
36. Carrie Underwood-15-2006-2016
40. The Judds-14-1984-1989
49. Rosanne Cash-11-1981-1989
53. Anne Murray-10-1974-1986
54. Janie Frickie-10-1978-1986
58. Tanya Tucker-10-1973-1988
63. Faith Hill-9-1994-2005
64. Lady Antebellum-9-2009-2014
77. Emmylou Harris-7-1976-1988-HOF
78. Shania Twain-7-1995-1998

80. Taylor Swift-7-2007-2013
88. Donna Fargo-6-1972-1977
90. Barbara Mandrell-6-1978-1983
94. Dixie Chicks-6-1998-2003
95. Jo Dee Messina-6-1998-2005

103. Lynn Anderson-5-1970-1974
105. Dottie West-5-1978-1981
116. Patty Loveless-5-1989-1996
117. Trisha Yearwood-5-1991-1998

119. Martina McBride-5-1996-2002
122. Sugarland-5-2006-2009
123. Sara Evans-5-1999-2011

That is amazing! Hopefully, she will be able to pass Loretta Lynn if she gets 2 more singles from ST and she could be at 17. Then with her next album, she could pass Crystal and Tammy.

Do the 15 BB #1s include duets like "Remind Me"? Just wondering if she could get another #1 with Fighter if it is released.

Oh and congrats to Carrie and her team for getting CB to #1 on BOTH charts! It is so exciting to see her hitting the top spot on both charts again. Now, I can't wait to hear what will be single #4. I still want DL, because I think it's a BHC-style smash. It may not crossover to pop due to the change in how things are promoted there now, but I think it can be a country smash. People love cheating songs. They never get old.

i was having exams today and in the question given there was someone called Mike Fisher and the name of the question was Quinter {like carrie's song quitter??}. can you believe it? this mean the person who prepared the question for the exam is a fan of carrie... he/she even might be a user in this forum... or is it a coincidence? the exams are for the ACA qualification they are international exams

CarrieAddicted

Carrie Underwood Rings in 15th Country Airplay No. 1

Carrie Underwood's "Church Bells" rises 2-1 in its 16th week on Billboard's Country Airplay chart (dated July 30), increasing by 4 percent to 48.9 million audience impressions, according to Nielsen Music.

The track becomes Underwood's 15th Country Airplay No. 1, extending her mark for the most leaders among women, dating to the chart's launch on Jan. 20, 1990. Reba McEntire is second among women with 11 No. 1s; Tim McGraw leads all acts with 28.

"Church," the third single from Underwood's fifth studio album, Storyteller, follows "Heartbeat," which paced the Country Airplay chart dated March 26, and "Smoke Break," which peaked at No. 2 (Dec. 5, 2015). Storyteller, her sixth No. 1 on Top Country Albums (encompassing all of her appearances), has sold 621,000 copies in the United States, dating to its chart-topping debut (Nov. 14, 2015).

On the Hot Country Songs chart, which combines -airplay, sales and streaming data, "Church" holds at its No. 2 high.
Carrie Underwood Rings in 15th Country Airplay No. 1; Sam Hunt Earns High Five | Billboard

Louisa

https://www.axs.com/carrie-underwood-s-church-bells-ring-loudly-at-the-top-for-career-maki-102914

In 11 years, superstar Carrie Underwood has managed to become one of country radio's most dependable and biggest risk-taking staples. Following such against-the-grain releases as "Blown Away," "Two Black Cadillacs" and 2014's baptismal "Something in the Water," she returned earlier this year with "Church Bells," a sinister story of abuse and revenge. Sitting in the pop/rock vein of Underwood's most propulsive material, the song -- penned by Zach Crowell, Brett James, and Hillary Lindsey -- features a compelling juxtaposition of religious imagery and aching humanity.

As Underwood unwinds the story of a poor girl named Jenny who falls in love with a rich oil man, the church bells themselves became a tertiary character -- in each of the three choruses, they serve a different purpose. In the first, Jenny celebrates her nuptials; in the second, she seeks refuge in the back pew after a night of bruises; and in the third, she attends her late husband's funeral. Considering Underwood's own beliefs, the compelling narrative sheds light on organized religion and its placement in our lives.

"Church Bells" rises to No. 1 on both the Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart and Billboard's Country Airplay (her 15th chart-topper on the latter scoreboard). With Hot Country Songs (and collaborations) included, the song adds another notch to her proverbial belt, 24 No. 1s in all. The song follows two previous hits, "Smoke Break" and the Sam Hunt-assisted "Heartbeat," all cuts from 2015's Storyteller disc.

Rumors around the internet watering hole indicate "Dirty Laundry" or "Choctaw County Affair" (which she performed for telecast at the CMA Music Festival) could be the next radio single. Stay tuned for updates here on AXS.com.

Underwood returns to the road this fall for the second leg of her sold-out Storyteller Tour. Dates are below. Easton Corbin and Swon Brothers return as openers.

teesharky

^ Wow great articles. And congrats to Tim McGraw. He has put out quite a few radio hits in his day. I am not really surprised by that number for him.

Gosh it is dang quiet in Carrie's camp. Hope she is ok. I guess I expected her to tweet after CB hit no1. Maybe Sony wants her to lay low during Miranda's big launch so the attention is all on Miranda.

maddkat

Staff member
^ Carrie hasn't tweeted about a #1 this whole era.Her team does and the thank you notes in the weekly updates are no longer from her but SN.Don't know why but thats the way it's been.

I'm sure she's busy getting her house organized, re the CCUSA interview, playing with Isaiah and enjoying her time off till it her life gets hectic again this fall. Hopefully too she's shooting a video.

teesharky

Yes we need a real video. Carrie had plenty of time to film one this summer as it only takes 1 day usually. Hoping we hear something next week about the new song once the big Miranda week is finally over.

liz278

^ Carrie hasn't tweeted about a #1 this whole era.Her team does and the thank you notes in the weekly updates are no longer from her but SN.Don't know why but thats the way it's been.

I'm sure she's busy getting her house organized, re the CCUSA interview, playing with Isaiah and enjoying her time off till it her life gets hectic again this fall. Hopefully too she's shooting a video.

And didn't she say that she was going to do Lasix (sp) surgery on her eyes this summer too?

Momin

And just as CB has peaked, I've realized that the guy in the song remains nameless til the end because he's just that insignificant because of the kind of person he was.

Louisa

cu-church-bells-1-v3.jpg

Kizmet311

Wow this is a very good sign that Dirty Laundry is next! Sirius Highway often plays the new songs early, like they played Keith's Blue a few days after Wasted Time peaked. YAY!

Stephanie Salazar ‏@StephS_24 1h1 hour ago
Driving around listening to @SXMTheHighway and they just played "Dirty Laundry"! @carrieunderwood

I want this so bad! I do love CCA and I would love for it to be a single and have that epic courtroom video we all talked about a long time ago, but DL has REALLY grown on me and I just think it is so catchy.