Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College football & hoops

jeff

just another fan
I think manti te'o might have cost himself serious cash with that performance. he was projected to be a top 5-10 pick before this game. a supposed run stuffing middle linebacker who got torched by the kind of backs he'll see more of in the pros doesn't bode well.

ND got by beating big ten teams that had down years (Purdue, Mich St, Michigan). even in the michigan game, they barely won even though michigan committed 6 turnovers. the goal line stand against Stanford was questionable with replays showing Stepfan taylor may or may not have gotten in. and they only beat Pitt in 3OT after Pitt's kicker missed a FG in OT and ND were not called for having 12 men on the field on the attempt.

however, the system we have rewards a team for being undefeated, even if they didn't really pass the eyeball test as well.

about ND not being in the top 10, im not sure if i agree. who else had a better season than them? other teams had their missteps as well.

JB172

I think manti te'o might have cost himself serious cash with that performance. he was projected to be a top 5-10 pick before this game. a supposed run stuffing middle linebacker who got torched by the kind of backs he'll see more of in the pros doesn't bode well.

ND got by beating big ten teams that had down years (Purdue, Mich St, Michigan). even in the michigan game, they barely won even though michigan committed 6 turnovers. the goal line stand against Stanford was questionable with replays showing Stepfan taylor may or may not have gotten in. and they only beat Pitt in 3OT after Pitt's kicker missed a FG in OT and ND were not called for having 12 men on the field on the attempt.

however, the system we have rewards a team for being undefeated, even if they didn't really pass the eyeball test as well.

about ND not being in the top 10, im not sure if i agree. who else had a better season than them? other teams had their missteps as well.

I totally agree on your entire post.

Te'o played himself out of the Top 10 last night and might have even played himself out of the Top 15.

I would put ND in the Top 10, I don't know how high into the Top 10 but I would have them in there, your boys probably should have won the game when they played and IMO Stanford is their best win and has you said that didn't come without some issues in it.

JB172

Agree with you, Glenn. ND's front 7 had so many mistackles. It's as if they have not play this caliber of an opponent. Indeed, the ALA-GA game was the national championship game. Great game. I would have liked to see Alabama play Oregon. Too bad Oregon lost to Stanford. If OSU was eligible to play against Alabama, I don't think they would have fare much better than ND.

I'm a Ohio St. grad and Alabama would have beat them down in very similar fashion to the beatdown they put on ND.

buckeyecarriefan

I think OSU would have hung in a little better, but it wouldn't have mattered. We'd be talking more towards my 35-17 Bama prediction yesterday instead of 42-14. So a 10 point total change in a 28 point game....Bama was just simply the best team in the country this year.

I too would still have Notre Dame in the top 10, but there's no way they should be 4th and still ahead of Texas A&M. Somewhere between 5th and 8th would have been more like it.

Also, any good defense shuts Oregon down. It's basically been proven time and time again the last few years. Ohio State in the 09 Rose Bowl. Stanford this year. Auburn in the national title game. Any defense with speed and instincts shuts down that gimmick of an offense they run. They have amazing athletes out there, but you need more than that to win big games. Alabama would have beat them by at least 2 TDs as well.

JB172

i think i've said this before, but this Shannon Spake is pretty cute too

She is very good looking and is a good follow on Twitter, she looks strange dressed up to Tom and I since we are use to seeing her in a firesuit when she covers NASCAR for ESPN.

buckeyecarriefan

And no undefeated teams this year!

The only thing more satisfying than beating Michigan? Beating Michigan when they're 16-0 and about to take over the number 1 ranking..........

JB172

I don't know if it would have been made a difference in the outcome of the game but Burke's basket should have counted when he Craft fouled him and the ref said it was on the floor.

buckeyecarriefan

I don't know if it would have been made a difference in the outcome of the game but Burke's basket should have counted when he Craft fouled him and the ref said it was on the floor.

That was a horrible call. Probably wouldn't have mattered since they got 2 out of the possession on the free throws anyway, but still a horrible call.

Terrible luck for Burke on that shot that was halfway down and came back out, if that goes down Michigan probably wins.

OSU still isn't all that good but we're at least making progress. They blew basically that exact game against both Duke and Kansas. I expect Michigan to beat us easily in Ann Arbor next month though, it's just simply going to be a chore to win road games in the Big Ten this season. I fully expect the champion to lose at least 4 and maybe 5 games.

JB172

I don't really care for Bo Ryan, but the guy can coach.

He rarely has the more talented team when they play ranked teams but they are always tough to play.

JB172

I thought that I heard him right the first time he said so I rewinded to hear it again and I swear that Tirico said the kid from Wisconsin was out after taking "an eye to the face".

jeff

just another fan
I thought that I heard him right the first time he said so I rewinded to hear it again and I swear that Tirico said the kid from Wisconsin was out after taking "an eye to the face".

i thought i was hearing things.

he also called Sam "Steele" early in the broadcast lol

JB172

i thought i was hearing things.

he also called Sam "Steele" early in the broadcast lol

I thought that I was hearing things too. lol

I was doing things on the computer when Tirico made the comment and I asked me wife did he just say the kid took an eye to the face and she said that she thought she was hearing things too, so we rewind it and that is exactly what he said.