Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONFIRMED: Carrie is performing at the ACM's

undrwood9098

There's been no news of a new single for Lady A, but that's probably because HW is still on the Top 10 on BB Country charts.

The one single people have been hoping for from Lady A's NYN album is "Love This Pain", but I don't know for sure. Maybe they'll do a surprise performance with Maroon 5 for "Out of Goodbyes" from M5's new album...?

teesharky

Carrie fans got Carrie the win last year. If we had stuck together and voted for the same person this year, we might have had a chance to beat TS regardless of how many freebies she is doling out, but everyone had a difference of opinion of who to vote for, which is the way it should be, so we have practically given her the win. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems as though that is what will happen.

unfortunately I agree.

The Miranda, Blake, Lady A, Luke Bryan, etc fans all voted for Miranda. That took much needed votes away from Brad or Keith to win.

Brad and Keith' votes will split and cancel each other out.

Jason and Toby K have no chance- sorry. Just being honest.

So that leaves SWSRN for the win, as usual. UGH. $%$#%#$#%

carriecountrystar

Carrie fans got Carrie the win last year. If we had stuck together and voted for the same person this year, we might have had a chance to beat TS regardless of how many freebies she is doling out, but everyone had a difference of opinion of who to vote for, which is the way it should be, so we have practically given her the win. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems as though that is what will happen.

In a way, I hope the ACM's have enough angry fans who DON'T want to give them what they want. Giving them what they want will give them more satisfaction, and allow this garbage to continue.

The important thing to me is that enough fans know what is going on to make a statement- and hopefully one the Academy is not expecting. The power of fan votes takes on a whole new meaning this year, and it's up to us to make sure it's done.

friendly reminder to please VOTE NOW for ACM EOTY at their website!!!! Keith is the way to go. we CAN make a statement if we actually TRY and DO something about it!!!

carriecountrystar

unfortunately I agree.

The Miranda, Blake, Lady A, Luke Bryan, etc fans all voted for Miranda. That took much needed votes away from Brad or Keith to win.

Brad and Keith' votes will split and cancel each other out.

Jason and Toby K have no chance- sorry. Just being honest.

So that leaves SWSRN for the win, as usual. UGH. $%$#%#$#%

I wouldn't leave miranda out of question (^ like you said all those little fan groups combined might be strong enough) . wouldn't surprise me if she took every single award home that she's nominated for including EOTY.

carriecountrystar

just searched for all these prediction articles.
really were assuring.
2011 ACM Awards Predictions: Top Female Vocalist
2011 ACM award predictions « My Kind Of Country

really don't know what's the deal with them saying how miranda had better year when carrie STATS were WAY ABOVE.
boo, lol I try not to care but guess there's still that part of me that cares and REALLY wants that assurance that carrie will win that ONE award.
ugh, I'll probably end up watching the ACMs the minute when they announce the new FVOTY. and when they announce somebody else I'll tell myself "I TOLD YOU WHY DID YOU THINK carrie would actually win?" and be even more depressed.
hahaha, I REALLY need to hear that DUET NOW!!!

Carrieflattsfan

What in the world?? The author didn't go into any detail about the incredible year Carrie had, yet he has the nerve to say the lack of an ETOY nomination "lessens her chance to win??"

That doesn't even have to do with anything, let alone who wins what awards. It's pretty hard to take this article seriously when the author didn't even bother to dabble into any of Carrie's accomplishments- which top Miranda's contributions to country music.

I think what bothers me the most is the fact that NO ONE seems to be recognizing Carrie's amazing year- instead they're trying to build up Miranda as if she's a new superstar (when she's not even a "mini superstar," IMO).

The fact that all the critics are trying to knock Carrie's accomplishments down a notch to make another nominee seem more successful (when she's not really even equal) is just wrong.

It'd be one thing if Miranda's success had continued after THBM, but the fact that HLM & OP basically flopped (even though I love "Revolution"), and the fact that the album has only gone platinum (which isn't as big of an accomplishment as they make it out to be), I don't think there's any reason for the label to make her out to be the next "it" girl.

I really do like Miranda, and I respect her talent, but I just don't understand (or agree) that she has earned the praise/awards she has gotten. In my opinion, she hasn't even truly broken into country music. Until she can consistently sell albums, fill arenas, have several #1's, and starts to be consistently successful, I won't consider her a "superstar" by any means.

Superstars are also held to higher standards- yet Miranda has had 1/3 of the success of her peers, yet she's already handed a sliver platter. Something's not right here.

Gator

^^ Agree. But, I have to admit, I would not be disappointed if they would have replaced SWSRN with ML. It is blows my mind how often we hear it's "Miranda's time/year". Because she had ONE big song? Then we look at Carrie's year, ie. Liveasong's video, and are simply AMAZED at all her accomplishments and WOW! It's like comparing apples to oranges. One word people -- and Carrie sang about it last night -- KARMA! Carrie's doing everything right, and everything she possibly can. SHE will be our country legend - no doubt!

The Nanook

I would rather Taylor swift win EOTY than Miranda.
Same, though Taylor doesn't really deserve it this year. But whether you like Taylor or not, you can't deny she's had a ton of success and not just off of one song - like ML.

epicamends

Whoever wins EOTY will depend on how much the fan vote versus the industry vote counts. And considering they've never released those stats publicly, they could very well change the percentage to suit whoever they want to win. Still hoping for a Brad or Keith win - they're the only ones who deserve it.

Gator

^^ On one hand you have one who sings well, had one big hit, which snowballed into a year better than she's ever had, and won some awards. On the other hand, you have one who is primarily pop, cannot sing well, sells out concerts, and music and won a ton of awards. Hmmm.... I vote for.... neither for EOTY.

teesharky

I vote neither too. lol No offense, but you shouldn't be nominated for EOTY when you played 2,000 people venues or less in the eligibility period. Even though her tour numbers are increasing, it is too soon for ML for EOTY. Carrie deserved that slot.

I hate these voters! and the label for not supporting Carrie.

DizzyDollyDee

I don't see how the artist can even get excited about winning these awards when they see the politics involved!!
The casual listener doesn't know whats going on "behind the scenes" so I guess thats a plus for the winner.
Wnat shame it all has to be such a sham. Carrie is so obviously the winner when you see her perform at such events as the Bush tribute the other night - what a pro!!

Pi314CA

Whoever wins EOTY will depend on how much the fan vote versus the industry vote counts. And considering they've never released those stats publicly, they could very well change the percentage to suit whoever they want to win. Still hoping for a Brad or Keith win - they're the only ones who deserve it.

ITA. On paper, amongst the EOTY nominees, Brad had the best year in 2010 with his amazing H2O Tour, #1's, etc.

nccountrygal

You should not be winning EOTY if you got the nomination in the first place to help your career! I am talking about Miranda here and I like Miranda but Carrie should have been nominated for EOTY not Miranda. I agree because of that one song the industry is acting as if Miranda slaughtered the competition which she didn't. I am still mad at the ACMs and the label and whoever else is responsible for not nominating Carrie in this category!

I still think the industry vote counts more so hopefully Brad or Keith win this category. I think Brad will win. As far as FVOTY I hope Carrie wins but with all the hype around Miranda I just think Carrie's chances are slim. I hope I am wrong and she wins.