Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONFIRMED: Carrie is performing at the ACM's

pklongbeach

^ The Carrie snub aside, after all the bribing that the nominees have done this year to get votes, this year's EOTY has lost a lot of its value IMO. I'm glad Carrie didn't have to get pressured into doing what this year's nominees are doing (and some likely are doing it only because their label may have required it - I'm looking at you, Sony).
I completely agree.
EOTY was about the fans speaking out about who they like (or support) the best. It was an opportunity for the people to get involved and see the results of their efforts. It was fun!
It has turned so quickly this year into a circus I am almost glad not to have to be involved.
Let's face it, we know Carrie would not have played along with alot of what we are seeing. So it would have only been very frustrating to all of us to see other nominees giving away prizes and "trucks" and susing all kinds of "incentives" to participate.
So we would have felt very out played.
As it is, it has become just a scraping for any vote they can get and a fight to see who can get the most attention.
I understand what T.Keith is doing with the truck, but honestly it just adds to the spectacle.
I can't bring myself to say I am glad she is not involved, but I am very glad "I" am not.
I'm glad she is singing and I am glad there is buzz around "what" she is singing. As for the rest, I won't have to even worry about it.

JB172

Once the ACM's turned EOTY into a popularity contest by making it for the most part fan voted then the artist & label have all the right in the world to do what it takes to win.

It was a BAD idea to begin with and was done for one reason $$$$$. Once the idea gets stale and they stop having the fan vote being involved in who wins the winners during the fan vote era will get a * by their name and that isn't fair to the artist when they might have won anyway but will still have the * by their name which will lead some to believe that the win was not legit even though they still might have won a strickly industry voted EOTY.

The better thing to do would have been to have a fan voted EOTY award along with a strickly industry voted EOTY.

Carrie Country

I completely agree.
EOTY was about the fans speaking out about who they like (or support) the best. It was an opportunity for the people to get involved and see the results of their efforts. It was fun!
It has turned so quickly this year into a circus I am almost glad not to have to be involved.
Let's face it, we know Carrie would not have played along with alot of what we are seeing. So it would have only been very frustrating to all of us to see other nominees giving away prizes and "trucks" and susing all kinds of "incentives" to participate.
So we would have felt very out played.
As it is, it has become just a scraping for any vote they can get and a fight to see who can get the most attention.
I understand what T.Keith is doing with the truck, but honestly it just adds to the spectacle.
I can't bring myself to say I am glad she is not involved, but I am very glad "I" am not.
I'm glad she is singing and I am glad there is buzz around "what" she is singing. As for the rest, I won't have to even worry about it.

Then there's the fact SWSRN is buying votes by bribing her fans with Sony cameras and concert tickets.........that right there is what has turned the voting process into a joke.......Last two years when our sweet Carrie won EOTY........A whole different story all together!!!!!

teesharky

Yeah I kind of hope next year it is back to the industry vote.

Let them have a fan vote for some other lesser category, but not EOTY. Taylor has it in the bag, bribes and all, because no one stands up to her. The ACMS are basically letting her get away with this.

utlovescarrie

Then there's the fact SWSRN is buying votes by bribing her fans with Sony cameras and concert tickets.........that right there is what has turned the voting process into a joke.......Last two years when our sweet Carrie won EOTY........A whole different story all together!!!!!
I know I have been out of the loop but WOW - freaking BUYING votes? EOTY has now become a bought-and-paid-for award which means it is FAR FAR DIMINISHED.

countrymusicfan15

Anyone else think it would be awesome if Carrie sang Wasted (never sung on an awards show) and showcased the amazing runs she does at the end! That song live is out of this world!

Carrieflattsfan

Anyone else think it would be awesome if Carrie sang Wasted (never sung on an awards show)
and showcased the amazing runs she does at the end! That song live is out of this world!

Carrie Underwood performing Wasted 2007 ACM Awards on Yahoo! Video

"Wasted" is amazing live, but I'd honestly rather hear Carrie sing a new song, or something unexpected. I wish the ACM's/CMA's was a little more like the Grammy's, where it's expected for performer's to do something a little bit different (as Carrie did with the Eagles Tribute, MJ, Orthini on Last Name, and so on). It'd be nice if everything wasn't so conventional. ;)

supercarriefan

I don't want her to sing something from previous albums...if anything she should pick something from Play On that wasn't a single, or perform something completely new. I also would rather it not be a medley of her hits...she's done a few of those, and it wouldn't be anything new. That being said, I'm just happy she gets to get on that stage and do what she loves...I'll love whatever she does on Sunday night.

carriecountrystar

hasn't it already been established what most of the singers (like brad, taylor, sugarland ...etc.) are singing at ACM? wouldn't we likely know what everyone is singing beforehand?

teesharky

I don't want her to sing something from previous albums...if anything she should pick something from Play On that wasn't a single, or perform something completely new. I also would rather it not be a medley of her hits...she's done a few of those, and it wouldn't be anything new. That being said, I'm just happy she gets to get on that stage and do what she loves...I'll love whatever she does on Sunday night.

agree. I am not really a big fan of medleys of past hits. I think that should be saved for when you are old and people are doing a tribute to you. lol

teesharky

hasn't it already been established what most of the singers (like brad, taylor, sugarland ...etc.) are singing at ACM? wouldn't we likely know what everyone is singing beforehand?

The bulletin board in the ACM producer's office showed Carrie as singing Undo It, but we are hoping that was a false trail just to throw us off. lol some of the sticky notes were wrong already.

I just don't want her to sing a year old song that was already sung at an award show.

carriecountrystar

mm yeah I know about the board stating "undo it" as carrie's performance...
but I mean since it's been announced(made known) in some way what others like taylor (story of us), sugarland, brad...etc. are singing-shouldn't it be known later by the public what carrie is planning on performing?

Carrieflattsfan

mm yeah I know about the board stating "undo it" as carrie's performance...
but I mean since it's been announced(made known) in some way what others like taylor (story of us), sugarland, brad...etc. are singing-shouldn't it be known later by the public what carrie is planning on performing?

Honestly, I think we have to take all this performance talk with a grain of salt. Considering all the performance talk is coming from one Twitter (who I believe has gotten some information wrong about Kelly Clarkson's new album), then it's not set in stone to me. Some of the actions of the ACM board has seemed strange to me. Why would they put this "board" in open view, yet almost all the songs being performed are old?

If this "source" really is correct about all the artists performing old singles (which I really doubt is the case for so many artists), combined with the fact that this person isn't allowed to tell us what Carrie is performing, but has been open about every other artist's performance? Something doesn't add up here. I won't believe any of this talk until I hear something from a source that has proven to be legitimate, which this "dog" has not proven to be.

Carrieflattsfan

I realized the other day the awards are this weekend. Wow, I can't believe they came up so fast. I'm still not really interested this year, but I really hope it's not as unorganized at it sounds.

teesharky

UGH! SWSRN already won an ACM for International Artist of the year! They gave some awards out off camera today. Garth is getting a Pioneer award, and Reba is getting something too, as well as SWSRN.

Very annoying since her entire European/International Tour is labeled as "Pop" not country! She is billed as a POP artist overseas, and her entire album is remixed to pop for overseas distribution.

I think it is an insult to the country artists that struggle to spread country music overseas, when a pop artist wins a country award. Definitely not watching.

Academy of Country Music