Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONFIRMED: Carrie is performing at the ACM's

Carrieflattsfan

UGH! SWSRN already won an ACM for International Artist of the year! They gave some awards out off camera today. Garth is getting a Pioneer award, and Reba is getting something too, as well as SWSRN.

Very annoying since her entire European/International Tour is labeled as "Pop" not country! She is billed as a POP artist overseas, and her entire album is remixed to pop for overseas distribution.

I think it is an insult to the country artists that struggle to spread country music overseas, when a pop artist wins a country award. Definitely not watching.

Academy of Country Music

*Nods in agreement.* Go pop, Taylor. It infuriates me that the country music community openly accepts Taylor, yet they criticize other artists who have ALWAYS been loyal to the industry (Rascal Flatts, Faith, Lady A, Carrie). It's absolutely disgusting & so degrading to the artists. I love country music, but I just can't give them ANY respect for treating the pop princess like she is their savior and everyone else is shunned. I would never do this, but I'm (almost) tempted to tweet Taylor herself and tell her to leave country music and go pop.

utlovescarrie

UGH! SWSRN already won an ACM for International Artist of the year! They gave some awards out off camera today. Garth is getting a Pioneer award, and Reba is getting something too, as well as SWSRN.

Very annoying since her entire European/International Tour is labeled as "Pop" not country! She is billed as a POP artist overseas, and her entire album is remixed to pop for overseas distribution.

I think it is an insult to the country artists that struggle to spread country music overseas, when a pop artist wins a country award. Definitely not watching.

Academy of Country Music
The question is - WHY is country music so willing to sellout for some artists yet hold others to a much higher standard?

sam_vzla

I realized the other day the awards are this weekend. Wow, I can't believe they came up so fast. I'm still not really interested this year, but I really hope it's not as unorganized at it sounds.

I'm more in shock about how fast the premiere for Soul Surfer came lol. We found out abot the April 8 premiere like what? In october? maybe earlier? And its the next Friday.

Gator

Academy of Country Music

Agree! And this: "Taylor Swift [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]has encouraged fans around the world to discover country music." [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Are they kidding?? Not only was her international toured billed as "Pop" - most of her fans know her from the Pop genre, not country. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

carriecountrystar

Academy of Country Music

WHAT IN THE WORLD. She was touring OVERSEAS as a POP artist so why is she awarded at a COUNTRy award for INTERNATIONAL TOUR AS AN OFFICIAL POP ARTIST?!

Carrie Country

WHAT IN THE WORLD. She was touring OVERSEAS as a POP artist so why is she awarded at a COUNTRy award for INTERNATIONAL TOUR AS AN OFFICIAL POP ARTIST?!

Because SWSRN the cheater usually gets what she wants..........the country music industry plays favorites with this no talent pop artist that can not carry a tune........and they even let her get away with buying votes.........used to be Mama Swifts checkbook being used to get her places......that's how she got a recording contract.......now it's SWSRN and Big Machine buying her way into what she didn't earn........she's not country and never will be she's made that clear the industry needs to wake up and see that.........
I am sick of that girl!!!!!

teesharky

Because SWSRN the cheater usually gets what she wants..........the country music industry plays favorites with this no talent pop artist that can not carry a tune........and they even let her get away with buying votes.........used to be Mama Swifts checkbook being used to get her places......that's how she got a recording contract.......now it's SWSRN and Big Machine buying her way into what she didn't earn........she's not country and never will be she's made that clear the industry needs to wake up and see that.........

Agree. The rules continue to be bent to accomodate the Taylor Swift express train from hell. I honestly feel very disillusioned by all of this.

I will watch the red carpet to see Carrie's gown, and I will watch her performance on youtube, but the writing is on the wall as to who is going to win that night.

carriecountrystar

what a wonderful award show this is going to be. JUST GREAT.
and I used to look forward to things like this because I thought the deserved would get what was deserving.

JB172

The ACM's deserve whatever they get with whoever wins EOTY after all they were the ones who went for the $$$ and made it a popularity contest.

carriecountrystar

I feel really disgusted at how everything is conducted.
and even though ACM will "Deserve" what's coming to them -it'd kind of hit carrie too. See, now it's just a popularity contest so let's say the ACM decide to make it industry vote entirely next year (since this year is just a joke) then it would be as if when carrie won those 2 awards that it doesn't have as much credibility as the industry won EOTY because of what happened this year, you know? it's be such a shame because carrie still would have probably won if it were industry voted but now with this travesty -carrie might get some of the backlash too just like I think she got a bit mixed up with the affairs of SWSRN (which was a joke when she won those awards) that CMA decided to completely turn a face (pop-twangy country) to save a bit of their face so carrie got put in the same reject pile...

JB172

and even though ACM will "Deserve" what's coming to them -it'd kind of hit carrie too. See, now it's just a popularity contest so let's say the ACM decide to make it industry vote entirely next year (since this year is just a joke) then it would be as if when carrie won those 2 awards that it doesn't have as much credibility as the industry won EOTY because of what happened this year, you know? it's be such a shame because carrie still would have probably won if it were industry voted but now with this travesty -carrie might get some of the backlash too...

That is exactly why it should have never been fan voted to begin with.

carriecountrystar

^ ugh what are we going to do come sunday. :(
it's just so depressing. I mean yeah carrie still has projects coming up with movie and duets (and I'm HAPPY ABOUT THAT) but I'm just sad knowing that sunday is the night she's stripped of the EOTY crown (though she'll always be ours). no longer female vocalist or entertainer. doesn't take away from her talent and success she's had but kind of >.< that she's worked so hard and had to achieve so much while others just get it handed on a golden plate for things they didn't even have to do.

littlefolkgal

Carrie fans got Carrie the win last year. If we had stuck together and voted for the same person this year, we might have had a chance to beat TS regardless of how many freebies she is doling out, but everyone had a difference of opinion of who to vote for, which is the way it should be, so we have practically given her the win. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems as though that is what will happen.

undrwood9098

The ACM's deserve whatever they get with whoever wins EOTY after all they were the ones who went for the $$$ and made it a popularity contest.

Agreed.

The ACMs went with bullcrap reasoning, rather than the criteria that they created for the category.

epicamends

and even though ACM will "Deserve" what's coming to them -it'd kind of hit carrie too. See, now it's just a popularity contest so let's say the ACM decide to make it industry vote entirely next year (since this year is just a joke) then it would be as if when carrie won those 2 awards that it doesn't have as much credibility as the industry won EOTY because of what happened this year, you know? it's be such a shame because carrie still would have probably won if it were industry voted but now with this travesty -carrie might get some of the backlash too just like I think she got a bit mixed up with the affairs of SWSRN (which was a joke when she won those awards) that CMA decided to completely turn a face (pop-twangy country) to save a bit of their face so carrie got put in the same reject pile...

But Carrie will always be known as winning 2 years in a row, and never once campaigning or bribing for votes. She won honestly.

Carrieflattsfan

In a way, I hope the ACM's have enough angry fans who DON'T want to give them what they want. Giving them what they want will give them more satisfaction, and allow this garbage to continue.

The important thing to me is that enough fans know what is going on to make a statement- and hopefully one the Academy is not expecting. The power of fan votes takes on a whole new meaning this year, and it's up to us to make sure it's done.

teesharky

It is so cool that Anna and Bethany are going to be there. That makes me almost want to watch-- but not if they are giving someone else the Female vocalist trophy. lol

Then again that might be Rob P. and Reese.