Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Cry Pretty' chart updates

hjj

If she was a guy they would do both. I remember one of the guys had this happen and seem to not suffer on either song progress.

Farawayhills

So it must be for the album then - apol0gies for interrupting this thread..

I'm glad to hear of such an intensive and wide ranging promotional drive.

simonplay

^ All the Aretha Franklin, Ariana Grande and BTS songs (like 60 songs combined) are free falling causing CP to "climb".

carriethequeen

Really curious to see tomorrow's update. This is unprecedented territory as we have never had a max spins week with a song that had no chance at hitting #1. So will they do one more week of max spins to get a top 5 peak, or will it start falling tomorrow?? Hmmm...

melvinc

It will be foolish for UMG to drop CP now when the album is dropping in 3 weeks time. There is a high chance of CP getting to the top 5 now that Jason has hit #1. With the high momentum from the album launch, I think radio will spin CP at the moment.

PRGuy79

It will be foolish for UMG to drop CP now when the album is dropping in 3 weeks time. There is a high chance of CP getting to the top 5 now that Jason has hit #1. With the high momentum from the album launch, I think radio will spin CP at the moment.

I agree. I think they will and should continue to push for at least another week. It has been interesting to say the least and I don't think the roller coaster ride is over just yet. I think the marketing potential of saying "a top 5 radio hit" is worth something - to the album's legacy, to Carrie's career stats, and to UMG's record of promoting her like the superstar that she is.

Kizmet311

I hope they get it to Top 5. Right now she has a Top 3 streak and there really isn't much difference to me with Top 3 or Top 5. Now Top 5 and Top 10 are different, so I really hope she gets Top 5.

DaisyTweets

Well call me foolish or naive but I think it can go higher than just the top 5. In looking at the numbers on the charts it seems to me she's positioned well and her numbers/bullets are in the top 3. If a label can push a newbie with a terrible song from 5 to 1 than a powerhouse label like UMG can push a mega superstar, the queen of country with an amazing song to #1.

Can someone explain to me why the men can get away with having song after song after song that either all sound the same or about the same subject matter? When I was at work this morning the current single from TR can on. I couldn't help say to myself every single one of his songs has been about the exact same subject. And he's not a great singer!!!! LB is the same way -- terrible singer with songs that all sound the same.

OK enough ranting!!! Here's to a higher and higher climb for CP. Carrie and the song sure do deserve it!!!!

rcramer

I agree. I think they will and should continue to push for at least another week. It has been interesting to say the least and I don't think the roller coaster ride is over just yet. I think the marketing potential of saying "a top 5 radio hit" is worth something - to the album's legacy, to Carrie's career stats, and to UMG's record of promoting her like the superstar that she is.

Totally agree.. And the Queen deserves that..... Her streak should not be tarnished because of radio programmers not wanting to play it....

Kizmet311

Well call me foolish or naive but I think it can go higher than just the top 5. In looking at the numbers on the charts it seems to me she's positioned well and her numbers/bullets are in the top 3. If a label can push a newbie with a terrible song from 5 to 1 than a powerhouse label like UMG can push a mega superstar, the queen of country with an amazing song to #1.

Can someone explain to me why the men can get away with having song after song after song that either all sound the same or about the same subject matter? When I was at work this morning the current single from TR can on. I couldn't help say to myself every single one of his songs has been about the exact same subject. And he's not a great singer!!!! LB is the same way -- terrible singer with songs that all sound the same.

OK enough ranting!!! Here's to a higher and higher climb for CP. Carrie and the song sure do deserve it!!!!

I would love for CP to get an insane push to #1. I think it deserves the top spot. I'm just losing hope that she can get there. It seems she is so far behind those boys above her that I don't know how it can happen.