Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Era - Current iTunes/Streaming Positions

clh_hilary

Eminem is now #1 on iTunes. Hopefully he doesn’t pull out a #1 this week. Need more promo!

Carrie's sales comes from physical sources, such as tour bundles. Country artists also tend to sell more physical albums.

I believe Eminem's sales remains 100% digital.

Susan Boyle didn't go No 1 on iTunes with I Dreamed a Dream. That didn't stop her from breaking all sorts of sales records during those weeks when she wasn't No 1 on iTunes (Lady Gaga was).

NC State Carrie Fan

Went to my local Walmart today to get a physical copy of CP and they had a lot of ads for it. You could tell they had sold quite a bit but there was still a lot left! Got the last copy of PO and ST! Being a millenial, I have always bought the digital copies, but I wanted all her CD's to keep in my car. I still need to find BA, SH, and CR!! My bank account is hurting. Someone venmo me so I can buy the rest of them and get the Vinyls as well lol.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 134

clh_hilary

I'm concerned for Cry Pretty's second week... I think it'll drop big time unfortunately

It will be her biggest drop, not just because of the tour bundles, but because of the sales climate we live in right now, when one doesn't have a big streaming hit.

But it's because it'll be entirely expected there's really nothing to worry about. If the album falls off the Billboard 200 after a month, then yes, we should worry. If the album drops 80% in its second week, not so much.

Why be concerned exactly? selling 200k+ in TWO weeks is something 90% of the current music artists would kill for... It's not like her job is in any jepoardy lol..

clh_hilary

Why be concerned exactly? selling 200k+ in TWO weeks is something 90% of the current music artists would kill for... It's not like her job is in any jepoardy lol..

I agree we need to stay positive, not because we're deluded or anything, but because if we go negative, the press will pick that up and try to paint Carrie as a flop.

simonplay

Kworb sales estimates:

Cry Pretty 8k
Love Wins 7k
Drinking Alone 5k
The Champion 4k
End Up With You 3k (8k last week)
Backsliding 2k
The Bullet 1k
Spinning Bottles 1k
Southbound 1k
Kingdom 1k
TSTWUTMLT 1k
Low 1k
Ghosts on the Stereo 1k

NC State Carrie Fan

Kworb sales estimates:

Cry Pretty 8k
Love Wins 7k
Drinking Alone 5k
The Champion 4k
End Up With You 3k (8k last week)
Backsliding 2k
The Bullet 1k
Spinning Bottles 1k
Southbound 1k
Kingdom 1k
TSTWUTMLT 1k
Low 1k
Ghosts on the Stereo 1k
Oh my word this is absolutely atrocious! (Sales climate not Carrie). iTunes positions were great IMO and no song sold more than 8,000 copies?? What a time to be alive. I miss 2012 and the BA era sales lol. Very pleased though with the album projections, which are great for this sales climate, and only fitting for her best album yet!

glenn7

Went to my local Walmart today to get a physical copy of CP and they had a lot of ads for it. You could tell they had sold quite a bit but there was still a lot left! Got the last copy of PO and ST! Being a millenial, I have always bought the digital copies, but I wanted all her CD's to keep in my car. I still need to find BA, SH, and CR!! My bank account is hurting. Someone venmo me so I can buy the rest of them and get the Vinyls as well lol.

Only 8 CP CD's left in stock at my closest Walmart yesterday. They also on had one of ea of ones in your pic.

Also US House must now pass the #MusicModernizationAct passed by Senate yesterday before Trump can sign into law. When passed into law, this bill will insure fair pay for songwriters and publishers in the current digital age.

Hil

The performance at the Ellen show did nothing for Love Wins, it keeps droping... are Ellen ratings low?

Ellen is syndicated. It hasn't aired in a lot of places (for me it's 3pm EDT). I'm assuming a lot of people, like myself, tape it and watch it after they get home from work. Maybe we'll see a difference tonight?

carriecountrystar

The performance at the Ellen show did nothing for Love Wins, it keeps droping... are Ellen ratings low?

I saw on the Love Wins charting thread that it dropped out of top 50. Has any of Carrie's songs dropped out AFTER its debut or release to country radio? That's a little concerning to me. I remember her singles used to jump so high up the charts before.

I know they already released Love Wins as single because of the music video... is there any chance they may switch singles depending on public reaction?

DA seems to be the favorite (with That Song... following). Low would also be a career defining single... I'm curious why they didn't go with the latter two.

I also wish Carrie sang album tracks at the promo places like she used to... hope she'll do that later.

CU4ever

I saw on the Love Wins charting thread that it dropped out of top 50. Has any of Carrie's songs dropped out AFTER its debut or release to country radio? That's a little concerning to me. I remember her singles used to jump so high up the charts before.

I know they already released Love Wins as single because of the music video... is there any chance they may switch singles depending on public reaction?

DA seems to be the favorite (with That Song... following). Low would also be a career defining single... I'm curious why they didn't go with the latter two.

I also wish Carrie sang album tracks at the promo places like she used to... hope she'll do that later.

It only dropped out of the top 50 because last Tuesday was the world premiere day. Whenever a song gets a clear channel deal, on day 8 it has a large drop. LW got a small cumulus deal, so it only entered yesterday, but today was still day 8 so it still had the drop from its deal.

Don't worry at all.