Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

Zach1998

I want a lot of things lol

1- Younger people on her team that KNOW how to use social media to her advantage. It's so dumb how they never put her songs on playlists, or just expect the songs to go number one without bothering to do promo. D&R had so little promo that it's confusing.

2- Work with new people. While i do like that Carrie is very confortable with Hillary, David, etc i feel like bringing a new producer and other writers could bring new life to her career. Maybe try new things with her sound? I really want her to have an album that EVERYONE says it's a masterpiece and really loves, and gets awards and everything. Also, please, new video directors. No more Randee

3- International dates. While i know the chances of Carrie touring South America are nonexistent, i don't get why she didn't tour UK and Australia.

4- More songs! D&R is just so short, and with streaming more songs means better numbers. And of course, signed cds, different covers, vinyls, etc. Also, they have to pick better dates for releases, UMG has been screwing her streaks because they pick the worst week to release! with D&R she had BTS, with Storyteller she had some boy band i think. It's a crime that an artist as succesful as Carrie only has 4 all genre #1 albums, and that her streak of consecutives #1 country albums ended.

5- Picking better singles. With CP and D&R they picked so many not-that-great songs. And it's a thing that i really don't understand because with her older eras, the singles were all flawless (let's ignore MS).

it's a lot, i know
Sony chose the majority of the singles pre Cry Pretty, CU had somewhat a say probably, but Sony got the final choice. And the majority of the time they chose the best song.
Cry Pretty and beyond CU has chosen them, and probably picks based on an emotional attachment, even though there are songs that will fare better.

FanSince04

I enjoy reading all the “wants” and “suggestions” on how Carrie/UMG can improve their strategy.

I ideally would love for Carrie to be a global superstar…

However, I think her values and desires will make that nearly impossible. So, I will choose to sit back and watch everything unfold.

CU4ever

I honestly want them to handle her era like she did with Blown Away, but with the promo changed to focus more on streaming since streaming wasn't as big then.

-I want videos where it actually feels like an ounce of effort was put in.
-I want them to pick the BEST songs on the album that are connecting the BEST and make them singles, and order them in the appropriate order. (i.e. there's a reason See You Again wasn't a lead single, so order them how they will be the most impactful)
-Focus on playlist reach and playlist positioning, there is a reason Hate My Heart streams better when it's higher in the playlist and not in the back.)
-The one is more for Carrie herself and less her team, when the album is dropping, lets try to focus on posting about that, and less about the garden/body armor lol.
-A shift of focus to Tik Tok and less Instagram. Instagram is getting less and less popular with the younger generation, so I would emphasize more on that than Instagram.
-Longer track list. In the streaming world, the longer the album, the better. If Carrie just had OOTT sitting around, I'm sure there are others as well just collecting dust. 15-20 tracks would be ideal. Heck if she wants to pull a Wallen and do 36 songs I will not complain at all lol.
-Work with brand new writers. I'd love to see some Shane Macanally & Natalie Hemby cowrites, and other prominent songwriters from Nashville work with her.
-Maybe Interact with her fans a little more on social media. I feel like a lot of the younger generation likes to feel connected to the artist, almost like it's their friend, so maybe comment or like some fan's Tik Toks now and then so you don't feel so distant from them.
-Lastly, I'd like her to lean full 90s country next era. I adore Carly's latest album and would love for her to work with those producers over David.
Absolutely, to all of this. especially the singles. Carrie could have had her top 5 streak going strong, but instead, the absolute worst single choices get made. Will Garden be next? Maybe not but that would absolutely not surprise me one bit, that's how bad things have been managed the last two albums.

Also, yes to longer albums and a streaming push. Well, basically I love all of your suggestions.

...But what makes me sad is, we're all discussing these things we want for next era and changes we want...and it seems like there's just no world where we get any of these changes. It'll just be more of the same next era, sadly.

CU4ever

^I think we will get new music much faster this time for some reason. I actually think she has more songs recorded that she can release whenever. I feel like she’s hinted that “she’s always working on something…”. Hopeful!
Completely agree. I am predicting a new album next year. Lead single early next year, but maybe even this year.

countrymusicfan15

I get what everyone is saying but….how is HMH a bad choice for a single??? I get that now in retrospect it seems like a bad choice based on how it’s performing. But it really does sound like it’s made for radio and HARDY is a writer on it. So I really don’t think it’s fair to blame HMH…if anything, radio is to blame! Radio is the ultimate culprit these days

CU4ever

I get what everyone is saying but….how is HMH a bad choice for a single??? I get that now in retrospect it seems like a bad choice based on how it’s performing. But it really does sound like it’s made for radio and HARDY is a writer on it. So I really don’t think it’s fair to blame HMH…if anything, radio is to blame! Radio is the ultimate culprit these days
In my opinion, I never thought it would be a hit and was apprehensive when first announced. It just sounds kind of loud IMO, even though I like it

CU4ever

So, since Carrie religiously does a duet after each album, who does everyone think she will duet with between D&R and CU8?

2011: between Play On and Blown Away: Remind Me w/ Brad
2014: between Blown Away and GH/Storyteller: Somethin’ Bad w/ Miranda
2017: between Storyteller and Cry Pretty: The Fighter w/ Keith
2021: between Cry Pretty and D&R: IIDLY w/ Jason
2023-2024: between D&R and ???: ???

It’s safe to say Carrie definitely always will have a duet between albums. I’m excited to see who she will do one with this time around. Especially excited since radio loves duets and it could be huge like IIDLY was (which could have been a 6 week #1)

FanSince04

Jimmie Allen would be great… there’s already speculation about his mysterious post from a few months ago.

Lainey Wilson would be fun… I can see their voices going well together on a song similar to “Does She Love You.”

Last edited:

montdu39

I agree HMH was a good single choice. It’s got the “in” sound that radio typically likes to play, it’s upbeat, and it’s very country. It seemed made for radio in my opinion. It can still do well actually once the chart logjam clears out.

HuiZ

In my opinion, I never thought it would be a hit and was apprehensive when first announced. It just sounds kind of loud IMO, even though I like it
It was.... nice but so so safe, and same old theme and sound. In an album full of so many fresh and fun songs, she picked one that hardly represents her growth at all. (Same goes for Ghost Story)

Carrie has gotten predictable with her music after so many years, I feel that the worst thing is to play safe and continue releasing the same type of music. She is changing things up so well as a performer onstage, I don't understand why the reluctance to step out of comfort zone when it comes to releasing music. Where is the Carrie that took risks in releasing JTTW as debut and releasing BHC when she had such a sweet, quiet image?

I would also love to see Carrie perform her more emotional, personal ballads on bigger stage. So so many gems sitting there as undiscovered album track. It's frustrating that she has been ignoring her gems since pretty much her first era, and she tends to skip them even on tour!
Heck, even better if she surprises us and release it as a single. I feel that songs like those will also help the public to connect to her more on a more personal level.

Hil

It was.... nice but so so safe, and same old theme and sound. In an album full of so many fresh and fun songs, she picked one that hardly represents her growth at all. (Same goes for Ghost Story)

Carrie has gotten predictable with her music after so many years, I feel that the worst thing is to play safe and continue releasing the same type of music. She is changing things up so well as a performer onstage, I don't understand why the reluctance to step out of comfort zone when it comes to releasing music. Where is the Carrie that took risks in releasing JTTW as debut and releasing BHC when she had such a sweet, quiet image?

I would also love to see Carrie perform her more emotional, personal ballads on bigger stage. So so many gems sitting there as undiscovered album track. It's frustrating that she has been ignoring her gems since pretty much her first era, and she tends to skip them even on tour!
Heck, even better if she surprises us and release it as a single. I feel that songs like those will also help the public to connect to her more on a more personal level.
I don't think HMH sounds like anything she's done before. GS sounded like it came from the BA album though.I kinda think most of D&R was different from things shes done before. Maybe I'm alone in that lol IDK

adam1995

Guys...from Typo at Pulse:

"Some new co-writes:

“Damage” - Carrie, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey
“Matter of Wine” - Carrie, Brett James, Troy Verges
“Miss You When I’m Sober” - Carrie, Brett James, Troy Verges"

I like the sound of "Damage" and "Miss You When I'm Sober"

FanSince04