Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

txacar

Right. And we always will. However, she is winning for those videos. I was just curious if anyone thinks she has continued the same directors and styles because she thinks it’s working because she continues to get recognized and praised for her music videos
Roman White directed Carrie's first 9 videos -- believe Just a Dream was the last. Since then, she has used 13/14 different directors. I love Randee's work (her use of color in Ghost Story is brilliant, and Drinking Alone is one of my favorite Carrie songs/videos). Carrie has worked with many other directors in her collaborations with other artists so she has a large pool to choose from, and I expect she knows whose imagination and creativity would best express what she wants in a video for a particular song. I do, however, think she missed a couple of great opportunities with songs such as Church Bells, but I still love the tour video.

Last edited:

HuiZ

So since we all agree on the music videos, I have a question. Do y’all think that she keeps using the same directors and type “artistry” because she continually adds up in the CMT awards? it’s fan voted, so that’s why she always dominates. She may not even know that they aren’t up to par with most of her fans expectations or wants 🤷🏼‍♀️
Don't shoot me for saying this, but I have been wishing she won't keep winning the CMT awards. I had the same thought that she kept thinking fans liked them so much that they kept voting for those videos.

maddkat

Staff member
So since we all agree on the music videos, I have a question. Do y’all think that she keeps using the same directors and type “artistry” because she continually adds up in the CMT awards? it’s fan voted, so that’s why she always dominates. She may not even know that they aren’t up to par with most of her fans expectations or wants 🤷🏼‍♀️
lol, no, I think she likes the directors and the videos she makes.
Fan expectations are always too high. We ,as a fan base, are never satisfied with anything she does. I'm sure she knows that by now.

Carrie_Hannah

Don't shoot me for saying this, but I have been wishing she won't keep winning the CMT awards. I had the same thought that she kept thinking fans liked them so much that they kept voting for those videos.
I’ve had the same thoughts 😬😂

CU4ever

I’m only speaking for myself but I think the video was almost “cheap” with the way a lot of things were on it. Carrie looked amazing as always but it was more about the stylistic choices for me. You can go to the thread about the GS video and read a lot of the opinions. Just a lot of stylistic choices seemed amateur-ish and some of the editing literally made me roll my eyes at times.
Exactly. Like the shots of the man looking at Carrie on his phone were… 💀. I mean, they looked so cheap. And the worst part about this video is the wasted potential. Ghost Story, it’s literally in the title. We could’ve had a really cool Halloween like video like TBC and instead we got what we got. IMO, the only good part was how amazing Carrie looked.

I just wish we could get one more elaborate video like TBC or BA or really any of her videos before the storyteller era. the only video I’ve liked since then was heartbeat

Hil

I will always vote for CMT awards. It's the only awards she actually gets recognition for because it's from the fans. I don't care if her videos are just static for 3 minutes. My vote has nothing AT ALL to do with the video and everything to do with the fact that she's the best vocalist and entertainer in all of country and they generally shut her out for those awards. So yea, it's more than just a video to me, it's the only chance to acknowledge what an incredible artist she is. I'm sorry, but i don't watch anyone's video more than a couple of times. Who has time to sit around watching videos all day? And I'd rather her allocate the money for an era where she wants it, via promo for songs, tour, whatever. VOTY is EOTY to me lol I love how some don't want her to win any awards anymore because ya'll are that stuck on a video you're not gonna watch that much anyway.

Carrie_Hannah

I will always vote for CMT awards. It's the only awards she actually gets recognition for because it's from the fans. I don't care if her videos are just static for 3 minutes. My vote has nothing AT ALL to do with the video and everything to do with the fact that she's the best vocalist and entertainer in all of country and they generally shut her out for those awards. So yea, it's more than just a video to me, it's the only chance to acknowledge what an incredible artist she is. I'm sorry, but i don't watch anyone's video more than a couple of times. Who has time to sit around watching videos all day? And I'd rather her allocate the money for an era where she wants it, via promo for songs, tour, whatever. VOTY is EOTY to me lol I love how some don't want her to win any awards anymore because ya'll are that stuck on a video you're not gonna watch that much anyway.
Either way, the award is for the video. In your mind, and most of us Carrie fans, it is for much more but the country music industry and her peers see it as an award for her music videos. I appreciate your loyalty, it’s much like mine because I do continue to vote for her every year as well whether I liked the videos or not because I do want her to be recognized in some way as you mentioned; but we can’t erase or neglect the fact that she is getting music video awards. Unfortunately VOTY is not the same as EOTY and isn’t recognized as such by anyone in the industry… not even Carrie.

Hil

Either way, the award is for the video. In your mind, and most of us Carrie fans, it is for much more but the country music industry and her peers see it as an award for her music videos. I appreciate your loyalty, it’s much like mine because I do continue to vote for her every year as well whether I liked the videos or not because I do want her to be recognized in some way as you mentioned; but we can’t erase or neglect the fact that she is getting music video awards. Unfortunately VOTY is not the same as EOTY and isn’t recognized as such by anyone in the industry… not even Carrie.
Have ya'll watched the videos?! Everyone else's videos are the same. No one is spending a ton on them because they're not what they once were. Anyway, this isn't aimed at you, but some of y'all are weird for wanting her to lose the only thing the industry allows her to win.

HuiZ

Seriously, is there a need to call people weird and insinuating one is a bad fan for not agreeing?

This thread is about the changes we would like to see next era. It was an honest, open discussion about how some feel about the videos. I personally just wondered if Carrie wasn't aware of how some fans feel because of all the video awards, and it's not like fans have any better way of providing feedback directly to her regarding the videos.

Also, imo a good video = more hype = more online presence = more streams.

Hil

Seriously, is there a need to call people weird and insinuating one is a bad fan for not agreeing?

This thread is about the changes we would like to see next era. It was an honest, open discussion about how some feel about the videos. I personally just wondered if Carrie wasn't aware of how some fans feel because of all the video awards, and it's not like fans have any better way of providing feedback directly to her regarding the videos.

Also, imo a good video = more hype = more online presence = more streams.
Sorry, wasn't really calling people weird as much as saying it's weird to be on a Carrie fansite and want her to lose an award? That's kinda weird lol The videos aren't going to change substantially because no one is making huge budget videos anymore. Yes, twitter is a great way to say you hate the videos if you hate them. There's also a comment section on youtube. Anyway, fans saying they hope she loses will always annoy me when it's the only awards we can give her. Sorry. Doesn't mean I don't like you as a person. lol

ChoctawCountyAffair

I will always vote for her, even if i don't like the video. i want her to keep winning awards. and i get that other country artist have released similar videos, but we know that the budget is not low, that they are not cheap to make, so why do they keep doing basically the same video over and over? smoke break --> concert video, southbound --> concert video, drinking alone, cry pretty, love wins, hate my heart, etc. I do think they could do better videos with basically the same budget, but for that, they need someone new, that brings something new to the table.
Cry Pretty had so much potential, they could've done something so good, and so spooky, but instead we got 3min of Carrie looking hot (not complaining), a guy that's an horrible actor and the worst cinematography ever. The fact that they put the single covers on the wall, or photos from photoshoots on his phone, so cheap
BUT, if i am being honest, i would prefer instead of wasting more money on videos, spending money on more promo.

Also, i would love a short film like Kelsea did. Not about divorce, but can you imagine if she did something like storyteller but every song is connected? we could get an entire movie based on an album. a visual album would be so good

CU4ever

I definitely want Carrie to continue winning these awards. She made it clear with the AMA award in 2019 (or was it 2018?) how she treasures and values fan awards.

also, I do agree that better music videos could help streaming. However I would indeed rather the money be spent on better and more modern and creative promo. But we’re not getting that or good music videos

HuiZ

Exactly, I don't mind them even not doing any videos if we could actually see the budget being used on other things like better promo. Which we are not seeing, hence the frustration.

And I am of the same thought that they don't necessarily need huge budget for great video. Just need fresh mind and fresh ideas.

HuiZ

Speaking of music videos... One of my top favourites from Carrie was actually the slightly less talked about "See You Again" video. It was a simple concept that is nothing groundbreaking, but so so effective and heart-tugging. They shot just very simple scenes, interspersed with carefully picked beautiful online clips. Editing was beautifully done, lighting was gorgeous and Carrie looked like an angel.

I just went on YouTube to check out the video again, the comments were so touching to read.
It's a less flashy video with clearly lower budget than the first 3 singles of that era, but I am surprised to see it's viewcount is almost on par with BA & TBC videos, and actually surpassed GG video.

The Nanook

I know the award isn't really about the music video itself, but I had mixed feelings about IIDLY winning VOTY last year. And felt similarly about her other VOTY wins for the RSN videos.