Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

maddkat

Staff member
^ no it just needs a 20-30 sound clip that the tik tok crowd loves, Example right now on the charts by a woman is Tennessee Orange

FanSince04

I would love a Some Hearts 2.0. Carrie’s voice has naturally grown over the years in terms of sound and range (thinking Cry Pretty low notes). She writes more on her albums and even produces now (at least for Cry Pretty). To have a nostalgic sound, with a song like OOTT, would be wonderful 😃 I’m excited for anything TBH.

Jane-Alex

^ no it just needs a 20-30 sound clip that the tik tok crowd loves, Example right now on the charts by a woman is Tennessee Orange
Thats really a weird thing that decide what song will be played on radio (especially because tiktok users are mostly young people).
All artists should have their songs played on radio no matter the tik tok popularity 🙄

Last edited:

Carrie_Hannah

ok but does the song needs to have certain sound or lyrics? what are currently “radio friendly” songs from female country artists?
I would describe radio-friendly as being a song that you can

1) Relate to on a personal level (in example- “Tennessee orange” describes how you start dating someone and suddenly begin to do things for them just because you like them so much even though without them, you wouldn’t do those things at all. Anyone that has been in love can relate to that. And it’s also relatable bc it mentions college football which is huge in a lot of country listener’s worlds. So two ✔️✔️ for that column) This is usually the heartfelt ballads… This is why songs like “So Small” work well. This wouldn’t necessarily be the reason why songs like “TBC” or “Blown Away” worked well though. Those would be the next two reasons.
2) Has a beat and rhythm that you can enjoy without having to intently listen to the lyrics. So like if you’re driving and a song is playing in the background, it doesn’t have an annoying sound or in your face sound that would make you have a distaste for it. It either is soothing and you can enjoying it (much like “what he didn’t do” by Carly Pierce) or it has a catchy beat like most men country songs today (think Sam hunt or Morgan wallen) This is the main reason why a song like “Poor Everybody Else” wouldn’t work on country radio. It’s way too in-your-face.
3) Lastly, it has to have the sound of that genre. This has been the most vocalized reason people that aren’t huge fans of Carrie’s music voice their distaste for her music. She has teetered the line of pop and country for a while now (which I personally love) but most “country” music fans do not. To do well on country radio it has to sound country. This is why so many people on here believe “She Don’t Know” would do well. Also the reason many think “Hate My Heart” wasn’t a bad single. I just personally don’t think HMH hits the other two points very well.
I feel like you at least have to have two of these checked off to be radio friendly.

Hope that helps.

txacar

^I think we may be getting new music sooner rather than later. It’s exciting!
Do you think that's the music bomb she's supposed to drop on CMT Hot 20 this weekend? She's so coy in the video -- says she can say much, lol.

Michael Reid

I’m hoping it’s more of a deluxe version of D&R; or a new album. I know timing could line up to be greatest hits Decade 2, last greatest hits we got 2 singles out of it, with SITW and LTG. Could OOTT be the lead to GH: Decade 2???

miranda’s discography recently has been an album was Nov. 2019, May 2021 (Marfa Tapes), then April 2022. So Miranda has done 1 to 1 1/2 years between albums. Carrie tends to do 3 years. But if she goes the route of Miranda, D&R was June 2022. We could get fall 2023 new album. Summer lead single….

CU4ever

I'm hoping for something twangy like Carnival Ride or something gritty like Storyteller. Would love a few more good story songs like TBC and Church Bells.

Heavy on the banjo Carrie lol.
I think the general public really likes this Carrie too. Like CB is such a huge streamer too and it sold and did well on the charts. So I think an album of Storyteller's sound (which was really, really successful overall) would be great

RenegadeChaser

I think the general public really likes this Carrie too. Like CB is such a huge streamer too and it sold and did well on the charts. So I think an album of Storyteller's sound (which was really, really successful overall) would be great
Personally, I think ST is her best album and what a lot of listeners want from her. Give us the stories and the country drama.

LilUnderwood

For me storyteller has only one skip and that’s clock don’t stop. I feel like storyteller and denim and rhinestones were super cohesive so I hope the same thing happens for her next album. I would love a similar production to my savior and storyteller maybe combine the two?

CU4ever

While I loved storyteller- and it seems almost everyone did due to its sales, streaming, and radio success- I think if we were gonna get that sound again Carrie would have to change producers or reunite with an old one and I think that seems unlikely

Zach1998

Storyteller is by far Carrie's best album imo. I also see a lot of praise for that album outside of the core fanbase. I certainly think if she released an album similar to the production in that one that it would excel because it's close enough to the current trends that are popular within the genre at the moment.