Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

ChoctawCountyAffair

Personally, I think ST is her best album and what a lot of listeners want from her. Give us the stories and the country drama.
It's her best body of work, because not only is sonically cohesive, but it has some really good songs on it and the writing is excellent. It's incredible. It's an album that i can play anytime, i am never tired of it, that's something that didn't happen to me with D&R. i got tired of it really quick, and now i only listen to a few songs. i don't think it's a bad album at all, but it didn't grab me like ST and BA did

CU4ever

I agree with everything but the residency thing. I think it was very successful. It's not like she stopped touring and only did Vegas. She did both, so I don't think that was a misstep.

This era from a music prespective, however, was a misstep, in my opinion. Hopefully, we get something really great and different and country for the next one.
Yeah, agreed. For whatever reason, this era just didn’t connect at all. I don’t know why but unfortunately most people didn’t seem to care about it. I really want next era to sound like Storyteller. It’s pretty country, it was fun, and it connected super well on every front - sales, radio, streaming, with fans, etc.

What I am noticing here, the consensus too is that storyteller was a really good album, which speaks to its connecting with the public. Whereas here D&R is mixed

CU4ever

It's her best body of work, because not only is sonically cohesive, but it has some really good songs on it and the writing is excellent. It's incredible. It's an album that i can play anytime, i am never tired of it, that's something that didn't happen to me with D&R. i got tired of it really quick, and now i only listen to a few songs. i don't think it's a bad album at all, but it didn't grab me like ST and BA did
It’s interesting because I’ve seen things like this a lot from Carrie fans with these last two albums that definitely have different sounds for Carrie. And for me, I don’t really find myself listening to Cry Pretty much anymore. I’ll listen to a couple songs but I don’t replay the album much and so I can understand how people can say this for D&R too

abbeyjones18

I think that, especially after such a well produced project like My Savior, which was a lot more country than most of her actual country albums, whatever came after it was going to be a bit of a downer. I mean, D&R is the complete opposite sound-wise from MS. I can see how that can be a little off-putting for some fans...it was, admittedly for me.

LilUnderwood

I have found that I come back to all her albums regularly but I really only listen to a handful of songs on cry pretty for me it just doesn’t have the cohesion that her other albums have. I hope she goes a little more country in the production sound for this next album. D&R was fun but if there was like a mashup of storyteller/my savior production style I would love that!

DirtyLaundry

D&R just hasn’t aged well for me. I think it might overtake Play On as my least favorite album. It’s still Carrie so it’s not as though it’s unlistenable but one of my biggest problems with it is that I find it’s really weak lyrically. I think Burn, Garden and She Don’t Know are the only songs that I enjoy both lyrically and musically. I am not sure what happened because Cry Pretty was really strong imo - I still listen to it often.

I agree I’d like her to release something similar to Storyteller. Such a great album.

CU4ever

I really think I’m just ready for Carrie to say goodbye to David Garcia. While I appreciate some of the pop sounds we got and some fun songs, his production has a heavy burn for me. I don’t listen to much on CP anymore aside from the title track and Southbound. For D&R, I listen to about a fourth of it.

I really want an album like storyteller again. It was the perfect sound, the perfect mix of pop and country. And there’s a reason it was extremely successful for Carrie. I was surprised the other day to see how many songs on it are streaming amazingly, too. It resonated with a lot of people.

but despite this, I have a fear we are just getting another album with David that sounds like these last two

ChoctawCountyAffair

I really think I’m just ready for Carrie to say goodbye to David Garcia. While I appreciate some of the pop sounds we got and some fun songs, his production has a heavy burn for me. I don’t listen to much on CP anymore aside from the title track and Southbound. For D&R, I listen to about a fourth of it.

I really want an album like storyteller again. It was the perfect sound, the perfect mix of pop and country. And there’s a reason it was extremely successful for Carrie. I was surprised the other day to see how many songs on it are streaming amazingly, too. It resonated with a lot of people.

but despite this, I have a fear we are just getting another album with David that sounds like these last two

I agree, i am also tired of Hillary Lindsey, i know they are friends, but i really hope she works with new people. I love when artists go out of their confort zone, and do incredible things with new producers & songwriters. Storyteller was great because it wasn't produced by only 1 guy, they were i think 3? and everyone brought something great to the album

CP has some of her best songs ever (Low, Ghosts, Spinning Bottles). Mixing those lyrics and Storytellers countrier side could be really cool. I fear with David Garcia as producer we may not get that.

Spinning Bottles, such a great song, but i don't know if it's my cd but the mix is really bad, Carrie sounds too loud. Not the biggest fan of David Garcia's production on CP BUT his production on MS is incredible, so i don't know

Hil

I've really enjoyed her albums. Commercial success isn't going to change my opinion even though I'll sometimes find myself going what if she did this or that etc. Yea, I totally loved D&R, and think my favorite albums are SH, Storyteller, CP & D&R. I mean albums as a whole, others may have better singles. Anyway, if I could choose the direction she goes next I would choose for her to make something along the lines of storyteller with maybe some even countrier sounds. I love songs that have a good hook and are fun to sing along to, more so than something deep and boring that's not catchy, but that's just me.

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

My dream is for Oklahoma Wind to not only be on CU8 but to also be the name of the album and the opening track! And the whole album can build off of its greatness! Ahhh I want it so bad

HuiZ

I don't have much issue with using David Garcia again, maybe not for whole album but for parts of it. My Savior was amazing. Happy with CP too. I love that Carrie is comfortable to produce and experiment with him around as co-producer.
Perhaps with a few albums under her belt now as co-producer, I hope to see her venture out and try co-producing with someone different as well, for a few tracks here and there.

What I would REALLY love to see is Carrie trying new co-writers. I agree with the comment that says the lyrics are not as great on D&R. I just wish she would try out some good pop collaborations as well!

countrymusicfan15

I just read her next album is coming out on in August. It’s called, “Radio Friendly Country,” and the lead single is “Everybody Else Knows Best” 😉

… if you read this far, you should know I’m just fooling around 😂
Omg why would she release it in August?? Doesn’t her team know September is soooo much better than August?! Ughhhhhh 😂😂

abbeyjones18

CP has some of her best songs ever (Low, Ghosts, Spinning Bottles). Mixing those lyrics and Storytellers countrier side could be really cool. I fear with David Garcia as producer we may not get that.
Completely agree! While David earned my respect for MS's production, it hasn't translated to her regular country albums. They have shown glimpses of it (Low in particular!), it may be time to move on.

adam1995

Completely agree! While David earned my respect for MS's production, it hasn't translated to her regular country albums. They have shown glimpses of it (Low in particular!), it may be time to move on.
I feel like the production on MS had to be the way it was. It was a more serious output. But David goes nuts on mainstream albums. Carrie is not without responsibility in the production now, but I feel David has a big influence.

Carrie_Hannah

I agree, i am also tired of Hillary Lindsey, i know they are friends, but i really hope she works with new people. I love when artists go out of their confort zone, and do incredible things with new producers & songwriters. Storyteller was great because it wasn't produced by only 1 guy, they were i think 3? and everyone brought something great to the album

Spinning Bottles, such a great song, but i don't know if it's my cd but the mix is really bad, Carrie sounds too loud. Not the biggest fan of David Garcia's production on CP BUT his production on MS is incredible, so i don't know
I agree with most of this! I would love for her to work with new co writers also. However, I personally think Hillary Lindsey has proved that she has done a really good job with a lot of Carrie’s albums. I wouldn’t mind her still collaborating with her. She co-wrote Church Bells, Dirty Laundry, Cry Pretty, Hate My Heart, Jesus Take the Wheel, Ghost Story, See You Again, Smoke Break, Just A Dream, Starts With Goodbye, There’s A Place For Us, Last Name, Two Black Cadillacs, Wasted, So Small, Someday When I Stop Loving You, and Little Toy Guns. A lot of awesome lyrics in those!