Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

harissacbr

I have just remembered that around 2019 someone posted on Pulse a list of songs that Carrie supposedly recorded but have never seen the light of day, except for Stretchy Pants. I would love to hear any of them on a future album.

these are the songs

Brimstone Religion"
"Calm in the Storm"
"Cheap Wine"
"Crush"
"Dear Wine"
"Dry County"
"Echoes"
"Fight Through the Fire"
"Heartache in the Headlines"
"Heavy Metal"
"If the World Was on Fire"
"Invincible"
"Love and Be Loved"
"Luckiest Girl Alive"
"Stretchy Pants"
"The Storm"
"Trashed"

FanSince04

I have just remembered that around 2019 someone posted on Pulse a list of songs that Carrie supposedly recorded but have never seen the light of day, except for Stretchy Pants. I would love to hear any of them on a future album.

these are the songs

Brimstone Religion"
"Calm in the Storm"
"Cheap Wine"
"Crush"
"Dear Wine"
"Dry County"
"Echoes"
"Fight Through the Fire"
"Heartache in the Headlines"
"Heavy Metal"
"If the World Was on Fire"
"Invincible"
"Love and Be Loved"
"Luckiest Girl Alive"
"Stretchy Pants"
"The Storm"
"Trashed"
Heartaches in the Headlines… what a title 😘

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

One thing I hope for this era is more performances at the actual events. I like that Carrie got to do fun things with pre-recorded performances at a few shows here and there with the D&R era, but I really want her to have another performance like the Cry Pretty performance at the ACMs in 2018, where she had that really long standing ovation.

CU4ever

A lot of people want Carrie to do the voice or something, but I want her to act lol. I think it would be so cool. Plus, Reba, Dolly, Tim, they’ve all done it

adam1995

A lot of people want Carrie to do the voice or something, but I want her to act lol. I think it would be so cool. Plus, Reba, Dolly, Tim, they’ve all done it
While I do think that would be cool, Carrie seems a bit stiff when acting. Maybe I'm wrong, though. However, doing The Voice doesn't mean she can't do both, lol. We can hope. Especially, with Cindy Mabe's ideas for UMG now that she's in charge.

lizcarlo

Yes! That would be a great song for Carrie. It's really good. Very Patsy Cline-esque.
You can hear Patsy Cline influence in her song "Cry Over You" which I almost posted as another example for type of song for Carrie to do. Love the acoustic version at RNZ. The original is really good as well. I would love for Carrie and Tami Neilson to write music together for her album. I think they would mesh well together.
I would love Carrie to make an in-person appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show, and maybe they could even sing together (finally). It’s every Idol fan’s dream lol
Yes, I wish she would go on Kelly show to sing together.

CU4ever

While I do think that would be cool, Carrie seems a bit stiff when acting. Maybe I'm wrong, though. However, doing The Voice doesn't mean she can't do both, lol. We can hope. Especially, with Cindy Mabe's ideas for UMG now that she's in charge.
You’re not wrong but all she’d really need to do is just take some classes or work on her acting a bit. I know people thought she was stiff for TSOM, but people loved her on How I Met Your Mother, so maybe comedy is her acting area.

the reason I mention acting in this thread as Cindy said she wanted to branch out into TV, so maybe it could truly happen!

CU4ever

I don’t know if this is a popular opinion or not, but I really find myself loving heartbeat even today. I love the production of it, the music, and it’s such a pretty song. I’d really love another song like this next era, or more songs that sound like it. Honestly, Storyteller is such a good album. I’d love something like it again.

Goodbye Shoes

I love Heartbeat as well. Definitely one of her more underrated songs. Although she's said she's not always a fan of the romantic ballads. I think it's on some of these songs that she really shines vocally.

CU4ever

I love Heartbeat as well. Definitely one of her more underrated songs. Although she's said she's not always a fan of the romantic ballads. I think it's on some of these songs that she really shines vocally.
Totally agree. I love Carrie’s romantic ballads. Heartbeat and Faster are some of my favorite songs of hers, she sounds so beautiful on those songs, and I love the romantic sounding production of them both. I also really liked the video for heartbeat, it perfectly captures what I love about the song and it’s production

monkeyboy16

I hope we get an official cover of “Alone.” I feel like that would fit in so well with the D&R era and I can see her version doing well on radio

ChoctawCountyAffair

there's this big storm here in buenos aires today, like, the sky in almost black, and i was listening to blown away, as you always do when there's rain (? and i hope she works with he duo that wrote BA and BHC again, also i had almost forgotten how great the ballads are, GIG & WAW are in her top 5 ballads, and the first 4 songs are flawless

Hil

I hope we get an official cover of “Alone.” I feel like that would fit in so well with the D&R era and I can see her version doing well on radio
That interests me NONE lol It doesn't even sound current, and would do awful on radio. Maybe if she does a covers album or something, but idk, it's a great vocal, but not really room to change it up. it was a great song for her to cover on Idol. That's about it for me when it comes to that song lol