Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demi Lovato Made a Negative Remark About Carrie on XFactor Tonight :(

teesharky

Well so much for the X Factor. I was ok with Demi before though not really a fan. But tonight, a girl named Rachel Potter sang Alone, and Demi said something like, You sang that much better than Carrie Underwood.

It was a big fat lie, as the girl was only average. No one has topped Carrie's Alone performance, and I was shocked that Simon did not defend Carrie since he loved that performance.

I will not be watching X Factor again. And now Demi is on my list. lol

teesharky

^ really? Well because she said it in front of millions of people- and many on twitter are outraged. So there is no need to jump all over me.

teesharky

It was not innocent. Many people are upset about it- not just me.

She did not have to say that- she chose to diss carrie in front of millions. She could have complimented the girl without dissing Carrie-- but she CHOSE to go there. She went there.

Sorry if my loyalty is to Carrie- not Demi.

dnnschuett

Just to give some context, Rachel Potter (contestant on X-Factor), is trying to be a country singer. Simon didn't think she should have sang "Alone" because it didn't showcase her country voice. Rachel then mentioned Carrie Underwood would sing Alone. At which point Demi Lovato said you did better than Carrie Underwood would.

And I have to agree, I was a bit annoyed by that comment as well. Rachel's notes were no where near as powerful as Carrie's. She doesn't have the range in the upper register, also, Rachel is very pitchy at times. Honestly, X-Factor doesn't have even close to the talent of American Idol or The Voice. It was an off the cuff remark by Demi, that she probably shouldn't have said.

sco

yes it is. Because she dissed Carrie in front of millions of People. It was rude and uncalled for. and not necessary.

How is thinking somebody on the face of the planet is better than Carrie a 'diss'? People are once again looking for things to get mad about.

Pitocco

It was not innocent. Many people are upset about it- not just me.

She did not have to say that- she chose to diss carrie in front of millions. She could have complimented the girl without dissing Carrie-- but she CHOSE to go there. She went there.

Sorry if my loyalty is to Carrie- not Demi.
Loyalty does NOT mean bashing every artist under the sun that is not 100% absolutely devoted to Carrie. People have their own opinions, which they are entitled to. If someone told Carrie she did a rendition of a song that was better than another person's version, you'd be THRILLED

liveasong

Well so much for the X Factor. I was ok with Demi before though not really a fan. But tonight, a girl named Rachel Potter sang Alone, and Demi said something like, You sang that much better than Carrie Underwood.

It was a big fat lie, as the girl was only average. No one has topped Carrie's Alone performance, and I was shocked that Simon did not defend Carrie since he loved that performance.

I will not be watching X Factor again. And now Demi is on my list. lol

OGFhpW.gif

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Actually the whole exchange was very strange. Actually Demi had already made her comments and it was Simon's turn. One of his statements was that he didn't know what kind of artist Rachel wanted to be. Rachel said country. Then Simon said he did get that from her performance, which I thought was a strange comment since Carrie also did Alone while making it clear she was a country singer. At that point, it was Rachel who said Carrie would do it, obviously a reference to Carrie performed Alone during her Idol run as a counterpoint to Simon's statement. That is when Demi made her comment that Rachel would do it better than Carrie, which I took as a heat of the moment comment to deflect Simon criticism.

epicamends

Just to give some context, Rachel Potter (contestant on X-Factor), is trying to be a country singer. Simon didn't think she should have sang "Alone" because it didn't showcase her country voice. Rachel then mentioned Carrie Underwood would sing Alone. At which point Demi Lovato said you did better than Carrie Underwood would.

And I have to agree, I was a bit annoyed by that comment as well. Rachel's notes were no where near as powerful as Carrie's. She doesn't have the range in the upper register, also, Rachel is very pitchy at times. Honestly, X-Factor doesn't have even close to the talent of American Idol or The Voice. It was an off the cuff remark by Demi, that she probably shouldn't have said.

Did she say "better than Carrie Underwood would"? That kind of makes it sound like she hasn't heard Carrie's version - otherwise she'd say "you did better than Carrie Underwood did."

Either way, Carrie's version of something is not always going to be everyone's favourite. I'm pretty sure Demi has said complementary things about Carrie in the past, so it's not like she dislikes Carrie.

teesharky

This list of angry tweets goes on and on. I am not alone in my feelings. Demi chose to go there and specifically state that the girl was better then Carrie. She did not have to go there- and she did. It was rude and unnecessary.

Amanda McNeil ‏@amcneil16 21m @SimonCowell BC Demi completely dissed Carrie Underwood w/ 0 respect to the 6x Grammy winner, I will no longer be watching xfactor.

Here are more examples:

Kyle Kleef ‏@kylekleef 1m @ddlovato just dissed @carrieunderwood on live television. I don't think she realizes the magnitude of the mistake she just made. #pressed

Carrieflattsfan

It's just her opinion. She can have hers, and you can have yours.

If everybody agreed on everything, the world would be a pretty boring place.

simonplay

I could not care less what Dami Lovato say! lol She is not important at all, and her music flop everytime!

Anyway, that is just her opinion! Is just one opinion in millions. :p

And the x factor does not have big ratings.

The good thing is that she compared this girl version with Carrie version and not with the orininal, Heart! So after all Carrie version is better than the original for her. :p

teesharky

Actually the whole exchange was very strange. Actually Demi had already made her comments and it was Simon's turn. One of his statements was that he didn't know what kind of artist Rachel wanted to be. Rachel said country. Then Simon said he did get that from her performance, which I thought was a strange comment since Carrie also did Alone while making it clear she was a country singer. At that point, it was Rachel who said Carrie would do it, obviously a reference to Carrie performed Alone during her Idol run as a counterpoint to Simon's statement. That is when Demi made her comment that Rachel would do it better than Carrie, which I took as a heat of the moment comment to deflect Simon criticism.

What is odd-- is that while Carrie is a country singer- she sang Alone like a Rock Star. Carrie's performance of Alone was the biggest reason she won Idol, imo, as it blew everyone away--even her haters.

While Demi may not have seen Carrie's Alone performance- it was still a rude comment. She could have complimented Rachel without dissing Carrie. Not necessary

.I wasn't looking- but did Simon have a reaction after Demi's remark? Too bad he did not defend Carrie. He loved that performance.