Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demi Lovato Made a Negative Remark About Carrie on XFactor Tonight :(

Jade_kt

Well the only person I feel bad for is that Rachel girl. Sucks she got voted off. She obviously seemed like a sweet girl and a fan of Carrie's or at least respectful of Carrie. Now the girl is going to have to always wonder if Demi's comments hurt her in getting voted off or not or if it was just the public audience not liking her performance (s) or a combination of both. Either way best of luck to her in her future life.

Last edited:

tgbrinker

I don't think Demi's comments made that much of an impact on her being voted off. The performance wasn't THAT great.

carrieidol1

This list of angry tweets goes on and on. I am not alone in my feelings. Demi chose to go there and specifically state that the girl was better then Carrie. She did not have to go there- and she did. It was rude and unnecessary.

Amanda McNeil ‏@amcneil16 21m @SimonCowell BC Demi completely dissed Carrie Underwood w/ 0 respect to the 6x Grammy winner, I will no longer be watching xfactor.

Here are more examples:

Kyle Kleef ‏@kylekleef 1m @ddlovato just dissed @carrieunderwood on live television. I don't think she realizes the magnitude of the mistake she just made. #pressed

LMAO at my Tweet making it's way to Carriefans...

I took it as an insult as well. It was in an effort to boost Rachel's confidence, but saying "better than Carrie Underwood would" when IN FACT Carrie Underwood has just came off a little opportunistic and ill-intended, I think. It was sort of a back handed compliment, and considering how childish, rude, and immature Demi is on this show, I can definitely see why people were upset by this statement.

pklongbeach

A few final thoughts;

The way to stay on the show is to have people vote "for" you. I doubt her voting fans gave up on her because of one comment that was said in closing and practically under her breath. I agree with those who feel it was just not a great performance.

(few have brought up the fact that the whole performance was a melodramatic Rock&Roll Show where she looked like a Victoria Secret Model caught in a wind tunnel. It just didn't work at all the way it was supposed to. Where by comparison, Carrie just stood there and delivered a vocal performance that not only won the night but is one of the most important moments of her entire career!)

I think the network and judges could feel the blow up within 30 minutes of the comment. She could have said something simple that night. Sometimes (without going to the "what" again, it is just not the best idea to let something grow in peoples minds. It is better to cut it off quickly! Had Demi done that it might have actually "given" the girl votes.

Fianlly to us as a fan base, who always seems to take the slings and arrows of our own people; Remember guys, it is important that we all participate here and have these kinds of debates. Shaming eachother into shutting up does not help this site. Debate is good. It can get tedious i admit, but I've said it a million times and I will say it again, "telling people to stop talking is how you get the site so little activity!! IF you don't like the conversation its very easy to avoid. There is a whole world of sports discussed here that I know nothing about, but why would i go to those threads and tell everyone there to stop talking about sports?!
So lets always remember, conversation is the bread and butter of this site. IF you want it to stay live, you must participate!

I to feel bad for Rachael, I have not heard her sing beyond that performance, but well beyond the Carrie coment I would have given her much different advice about approaching the competition. Put away the fog machine, put away the leather outfit, and choose a song that really accentuates your voices strengths. She sounded like she could really sing. But if I wanted to hear her "real voice" it would not be on that song.

And that screech in the middle is what did her in. When you are singing, Never let them hear the top of your range!
When Carrie sang Alone the strength and exilleration came the the subconcious feeling that she was hitting those notes so confidantly that she could sing "anything". That is the illusion you want to create.

Rachel nfortunately proved that she can not!

maddkat

Staff member
Rachel's gonna be fine.Seems she was doing extremely well before XFactor.I had no clue.

POTTER WATCH: Rachel Potter Talks X FACTOR Exit; Broadway Career
Yet the one regret the 'Evita' star has is the way the show portrayed her as a struggling bartender rather than as a Broadway actress who chose to forego her successful stage career for a shot at becoming the next great country singer. "I have a lot of history and I think people didn't really understand my struggle and what I've really been through," she shared.
The actress, who began her professional career as a performer at Disney World, soon realized that Broadway was calling her name. So she packed up and moved to the Big Apple. "I waited tables and pounded the pavement like crazy," she says. "Auditioned every single day, and was rejected and rejected and rejected over and over again for years."
Her break came when she was offered the part of Glinda in the national tour of 'Wicked.' The role of Wednesday Addams in Broadway's 'The Addams Family' soon followed. And in 2012 she hit the big time, co-starring with Ricky Martin in the Broadway revival of 'Evita'. Despite the success, she still did not feel satisfied. "I realized that my heart lies in country music, and gave that all up -- all of that glamour and all of that glitz of that dream," she says. "I felt like I was living someone else's dream. So I sacrificed literally everything, packed up everything I owned and started completely fresh in Nashville."

pklongbeach

I knew there was more to her voice that what I heard that night!

That Rock&Roll Stage show was a bad idea.

The way she talks, you would think it was someone else entirely than that girl who was screaming through a chain-link fence.

carrieguy2

Finally to us as a fan base, who always seems to take the slings and arrows of our own people; Remember guys, it is important that we all participate here and have these kinds of debates. Shaming each other into shutting up does not help this site. Debate is good. It can get tedious i admit, but I've said it a million times and I will say it again, "telling people to stop talking is how you get the site so little activity!! IF you don't like the conversation its very easy to avoid. There is a whole world of sports discussed here that I know nothing about, but why would i go to those threads and tell everyone there to stop talking about sports?!
So lets always remember, conversation is the bread and butter of this site. IF you want it to stay live, you must participate!

thank you!

jbrown

LMAO at my Tweet making it's way to Carriefans...

I took it as an insult as well. It was in an effort to boost Rachel's confidence, but saying "better than Carrie Underwood would" when IN FACT Carrie Underwood has just came off a little opportunistic and ill-intended, I think. It was sort of a back handed compliment, and considering how childish, rude, and immature Demi is on this show, I can definitely see why people were upset by this statement.

Way to go.

MelissaD

Posting under my boyfriend's account because I don't want the things that I'm saying to show up on my friends' news feeds. LMAO.