Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demi Lovato Made a Negative Remark About Carrie on XFactor Tonight :(

cassie2

Staff member
Ok, I've tapped my foot, counted to 10 and said let it go, let it go, let it go three times. Sadly, these boards are not like they once were. Everyone is an armchair quarterback now. We have a small group that say they are defending Carrie and a larger group that attack those that say they are defending her. Honestly, I don't get it. I wish I did. In Carrie's recent CMA opening....she sang "Why can't we be friends, Why can't we be friends?" What a wonderful question? Why can't we?

kdprouty

Hey everyone....look at the bright side of this. Think of how many people who never heard Carrie sing will now look up the video of her singing Alone and realize what a wonderful talent she is!!!!!

Claire2004

From mjsbigblog:

Rachel Potter was solid, until she decided to take a page from the Danny Gokeysong book and scream a note. I’m so glad my cat wasn’t in the room with me. AND NO DEMI RACHEL DID NOT SING THAT SONG BETTER THAN CARRIE UNDERWOOD. But in fairness to Demi, she seemed to be speaking hypothetically as if she had no idea Carrie performed the song on Idol, let alone NAILED it. It’s ironic that Simon praised Carrie’s performance at the time rather than snit that she should have performed a country song. Hm.

X Factor 3 Top 12 Poll Results and Predictions mjsbigblog

MelissaD

You people seriously put stock in what Demi Lovato and her buttchin has to say? Come on...

Lucky for Demi, not enough people tune in to FlopFactor to have even heard her dumb-ass comment.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Well Rachel may be going home. It's between her and Khaya Cohen, who is mentored by Demi. So either way, Demi is going to be mad.

Farawayhills

I think people have often become especially sensitive lately, partly because of the award resentment, and perhaps partly because TSOM is a major breakout for Carrie into an unfamiliar area and there is expectation of some increase in negative sniping.

Carrie, though is a musician, and music is an art form. There is no "best", because music appeals to a myriad of human responses in a myriad of ways. You will never get universal agreement on what responses people have to the work of Carrie, or of any other artist. Random comparisons of two people, especially in a one line name drop, are always going to produce disagreement. Fan rivalry is always likely to produce a lot more heat than light. It sems to be part of the culture, and social media and celebrity journalism both feed on it, and encourage its growth.

In my view, the main danger to an artist if her fan base gets a reputation for hyper-sensitivity and excessive rivalry is that it can create an impression that that artist is even seen by her own fans as relatively weak and insecure. In that sense, what fans intend as defensive loyalty can come to be seen by others as over-reaction that suggests an underlying nervousness. Loyalty is a good quality, and an artist is lucky to have it - but a balance is sometimes hard to strike.

teesharky

Holy crap wow! I feel bad for Rachel but this is Demi's fault not her's. Had Demi not made that comment-- I would have said Rachel did a nice job and not thought twice.

Sadly it it will perceived that it was retaliation for the diss of Carrie. But I didn't even vote for anyone so they can't say all carrie fans did this- unless other carrie fans did??

Ps- was anything g said about Demi's comment in the recap tonight? I am assuming she did not apologize.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Holy crap wow! I feel bad for Rachel but this is Demi's fault not her's. Had Demi not made that comment-- I would have said Rachel did a nice job and not thought twice.

Sadly it it will perceived that it was retaliation for the diss of Carrie. But I didn't even vote for anyone so they can't say all carrie fans did this- unless other carrie fans did??

Ps- was anything g said about Demi's comment in the recap tonight? I am assuming she did not apologize.

It was never mentioned.

jptexas

^^this little scandle didn't help the vote. Or, maybe it had no effect. But, she'll have sleepless nights thinking about it.
"That darn Demi"!!

mbh

And unfortunately, she is probably going to always wonder if Demi's comment affected the vote enough to put her in this position. I don't think it did. But there will always be that question.

I THINK Demi's comment affected the vote because AFTER her COMMENT - "Twitter" EXPLODED which means MANY Carrie Fans were watching. ANY DISRESPECT to Carrie Underwood by praising Rachel Potter will AFFECT the EMOTIONS of Carrie Fans LIKE me and "Tee" who were watching and LOST OUR VOTES. NOT all Carrie Fans watching though, but, still in a TIGHT RACE like TOP 12 - every single vote matters.

jptexas

There seems to be alot of leftover anger over the recent CMA treatment of Carrie and Demi just happened to be in the middle of the Carrie Army highway. Swoosh! Ouch! Splat!

mbh

Oh, "Tee", does not really vote. But, most probably LIKE ME who usually votes in X-Factor and others.

mbh

I was really impress about Rachel Potter's performance UNTIL Demi's comment hit my EMOTION. SWEET REVENGE from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!