Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demi Lovato Made a Negative Remark About Carrie on XFactor Tonight :(

teesharky

LOL what is going on in this thread?! Demi has probably never heard Carrie's version of Alone, and even if she has, she's allowed to have her own OPINION. My goodness.

It it was not necessary to praise the girl to diss carrie. Not classy when a celeb disses someone publicly in front of millions of people. Privately demi can think whatever she wants about carrie. But publicly that was a major diss. She is a real brat on the show always interrupting Simon and slwAys getting the last word in. Now I see this side to her too. Not cool.

That's a shame is Demi really did say that in a negative way. Hopefully she didn't mean it that way. It's funny because Demi is always talking about overcoming haters and staying true to yourself. A few years ago she almost killed herself because of how people treated her. She really needs to stay true to her new "love yourself" campaign by not bringing down others. I love Demi though.

teesharky

That's a shame is Demi really did say that in a negative way. Hopefully she didn't mean it that way. It's funny because Demi is always talking about overcoming haters and staying true to yourself. A few years ago she almost killed herself because of how people treated her. She really needs to stay true to her new "love yourself" campaign by not bringing down others. I love Demi though.

Yeah I thought she was supposed to be all about not bringing others down. Guess not.

oldyfan

Tee, like I said Demi who? No one can touch Carrie's version of Heart's amazing song...hence the reason they had her come on stage and sing it with them.

Pitocco

Tee with all due respect, I don't think you're really in a position to be the ambassador of not bashing celebs in a public way

teesharky

Tee with all due respect, I don't think you're really in a position to be the ambassador of not bashing celebs in a public way

I am not a celeb! And I never publicly bash anyone to their face like that, where Carrie could watch and see-- and millions are watching. Internet comments on fan forums are hardly the same as a celeb who is being watched by millions all over the world.

If I were a celeb-- and millions were watching- I would never disrespect anyone like that! Besides My opinion doesn't matter. When you are a celeb, you are held to a higher standard-- as millions of people were watching, including all of Demi's young fans that she claims to be a good role model to! nice role model. She comes off as bratty and interrupts Simon all the time. She thinks very highly of herself it seems.

I get that you are defending Demi and seem to be a big fan of hers-- so I am sorry if I offend you. But she did this- not Carrie- not me, and not any of Carrie's fans. It came out of nowhere, and was not necessary to compliment that girl.

She said it is a very condescending way like Carrie is nothing.

Pitocco

I am not a celeb! And I never publicly bash anyone to their face like that, where Carrie could watch and see-- and millions are watching. Internet comments on fan forums are hardly the same as a celeb who is being watched by millions all over the world.

If I were a celeb-- and millions were watching- I would never disrespect anyone like that! Besides My opinion doesn't matter. When you are a celeb, you are held to a higher standard-- as millions of people were watching, including all of Demi's young fans that she claims to be a good role model to! nice role model. She comes off as bratty and interrupts Simon all the time. She thinks very highly of herself it seems.

I get that you are defending Demi and seem to be a big fan of hers-- so I am sorry if I offend you. But she did this- not Carrie- not me, and not any of Carrie's fans. It came out of nowhere, and was not necessary to compliment that girl.

She said it is a very condescending way like Carrie is nothing.
I'm really not a fan of Demi's at all...I barely know a single song by her, I'm not offended at all. I just think that there is EXTREME overreaction to this pretty mundane comment. That's just my opinion

Carrieflattsfan

First of all, I think bringing Demi's body image issues is COMPLETELY unnecessary. To suggest Demi is not a caring, kind person because of ONE comment that is her OPINION is simply uncalled for.

I follow Demi on Twitter, and she regularly sends out messages of love and encouragement to her fans.

Secondly, Demi is a JUDGE on her talent show; she's paid to critique people and give her opinion. If she had praised Carrie, everyone would be falling all over her. Maybe Demi just wanted to make this girl feel confident about her performance; we don't know what her intentions were.

Thirdly, to act like Demi has enough influence to influence listeners about Carrie is simply silly and ridiculous. When has an artists ONE negative comment ever influenced the general public? It's not like it's gonna blow up and become some big scandal and turn into the "everybody hates Carrie" show

For those of you suggesting Demi disrespected Carrie by stating her opinion...maybe you should start respecting her before calling others disrespectful.

teesharky

^ Why should we respect Demi when she disrespected Carrie? She has to earn my respect-- and she just lost it. Sorry but she did this- not Carrie and not Carrie's fans. So don't make us out to be the bad guy here.

She is paid to judge contestants--- not diss other artists. None of the other judges do that or find it necessary to disrespect their peers to compliment contestants.

Whatever her intentions-- the result is what matters. She did not have to diss Carrie to compliment that girl. It was unnecessary and rude. She may be a nice person in other areas-- but she was not very nice tonight.

There is no defense to what she did. It was uncalled for, and it is wrong to lash out at people for being justifiably upset.

People are still upset and talking about it on twitter right now. So clearly many people took it as a direct shade of Carrie.

jbrown

I'm really not a fan of Demi's at all...I barely know a single song by her, I'm not offended at all. I just think that there is EXTREME overreaction to this pretty mundane comment. That's just my opinion

I am not a fan of Demi at all and I don't watch X Factor. I don't like what she said but I guess she's entitled to her opinion.

pgk

As I said, Demi had already made her comments, which were positive with no mention of Carrie, before Simon made his comment. And Simon then made his comments. When he was done, there were a few back and forth words between Demi and Simon. At that point, Rachel made her comment about Carrie. Then Demi responded with her comment about Carrie which I think was her attempt to get in the last word. At that point, they cut off the judges comments and went to the voting information. Simon didn't have a chance to respond.

So, Demi was getting back at Simon? I can't imagine that Demi is not aware of the Carrie/Simon connection.

i'm actually confused about the 'tense' used. Demi says, 'would do better'....meaning she hadn't heard the contestant sing yet. But Simon's comment indicates that the contestant had already performed.

What exactly is it that the contestant would do better, sing, or career wise?

i'm sure Demi is now awre of just how well her comment was received.

teesharky

Demi has been tweeting up a storm to support her team since the show ended, and clearly has ignored the firestorm she created. I guess that is the best policy though-- in all fairness. Ignore it and hope it blows over. I don't expect her to apologize because I don't think she is sorry she said it, sadly.

teesharky

I liked Demi ok until tonight. I never liked how bratty she is on the xfactor- but I had no real issue with her.

mbh

Yikes!!! X-Factor ratings is 4.8 million viewers on October 30, 2013 and 4.54 million viewers on November 06, 2013. About Demi Lovato's comment - I came to know her only after she became a judge in X-Factor. I do not know anything about her music and career. So, Demi - WHATEVER!!!