Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFTH single from BA - speculation thread

teesharky

Can you 100% without a doubt say that Sony is the one who stops the singles coming out and it's not Carrie? Because if you can't then you need to stop assuming that it is the label.

Carrie herself has said the label picks the singles. Kelly Clarkson said this too-- that she has little input on single choices or how many singles come out.

Carrie said she was thrilled when the LABEL picked See You Again for the next single. It wasn't her decision-- it was theirs- but she was thrilled.

She may have input, but not the deciding factor. That is pretty standard in the industry--- the labels pick the singles and pick how many.

teesharky

I'm pretty much at the point where I don't really care what song gets released next, as long as we get something. lol. I just don't want to go 1+ years without a new Carrie single on the radio again. It feels like the BA era is still new - it just feels too early to end it. BA has only been out for a year.

agree. At this point-- they could release WAY and I would support it! haha (not really-- but whatever-- give us something! )

Waiting till 2015 for a new single is just crazy, and that is what might happen. Miranda will be almost through with her 5th album era by the time Carrie releases her 5th cd, and Taylor will be on album 8 by then. haha

teesharky

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought that Carrie already announced single #5... T_T

haha me too at first-- but I am really glad we have this thread to discuss and vent. lol

There are just too many great songs on this album for them to end at 4 singles. And they went 1-4 with album tracks, ignoring the entire second half of the album that has so many great songs. :(

RyanVaCarrieFan

Gosh the label should just hire some of us to be on Carrie's team for promotion and single choices haha we would have a lot of fun at meetings going back and forth

cyberzoney

The label puts up the money to create the album. This can be a considerable amount of money. They get that money back via sales. They want a profit. They decide how much profit is reasonable. So, it's clear that the label has the biggest say in how many singles get released. However, in the case of a superstar, the artist is consulted and other factors can come into play.

In Carrie's case, they get that money back pretty quickly. In the case of Miranda, it takes more time and effort. This is one of the reasons why you cannot make an artist comparison. How many singles has nothing to do with a bias. It's all business. The label must consider a different approach for every artist.

The label must also consider maintaining the image of the artist. This is especially true for a mega star. In the case of an artist like Carrie, they DO NOT want to risk a single that underachieves. Why take a risk if there is little to gain. Each single must be given the support to get it to #1 no matter what the single number. Miranda has no such image or streak to consider. So, it's not as big a factor if one of her singles performs poorly. In Carrie's case, they are not likely to push too hard if the monetary return is small.

Other factors come into play. If an album is close to an awards level, they might push a little harder providing it won't hurt the artist image. BA has little chance of hitting 2x platinum.

Carrie is very different from Miranda. They have VERY different personal goals. Carrie is willing to relax and take her time. Miranda is all about more is better. Carrie is winning this battle. Miranda may be a star but Carrie is a mega star. The label knows what they are doing. Just look at their track record with Carrie in terms of her stardom.

With the SOM coming, Carrie and her label may decide that they do not want a conflict for her sake. SOM may spin off an album of its own. Who knows.

Carrie is apparently happy with Sony. That fact by itself tells the whole story.

countrymusicfan15

'What single' and 'how many singles' are two totally different things though. I think she definitely has a bigger say than we think in single choice but not when it comes to how many singles.

simonplay

Good in Goodbye would be a huge hit! can sell very very well, can be a multiple #1, can crossover, and the music video would amazing too!

If the label pick the singles then GIG will be the next!

teesharky

The label puts up the money to create the album. This can be a considerable amount of money. They get that money back via sales. They want a profit. They decide how much profit is reasonable. So, it's clear that the label has the biggest say in how many singles get released. However, in the case of a superstar, the artist is consulted and other factors can come into play.

In Carrie's case, they get that money back pretty quickly. In the case of Miranda, it takes more time and effort. This is one of the reasons why you cannot make an artist comparison. How many singles has nothing to do with a bias. It's all business. The label must consider a different approach for every artist.

The label must also consider maintaining the image of the artist. This is especially true for a mega star. In the case of an artist like Carrie, they DO NOT want to risk a single that underachieves. Why take a risk if there is little to gain. Each single must be given the support to get it to #1 no matter what the single number. Miranda has no such image or streak to consider. So, it's not as big a factor if one of her singles performs poorly. In Carrie's case, they are not likely to push too hard if the monetary return is small.

Other factors come into play. If an album is close to an awards level, they might push a little harder providing it won't hurt the artist image. BA has little chance of hitting 2x platinum.

Carrie is very different from Miranda. They have VERY different personal goals. Carrie is willing to relax and take her time. Miranda is all about more is better. Carrie is winning this battle. Miranda may be a star but Carrie is a mega star. The label knows what they are doing. Just look at their track record with Carrie in terms of her stardom.

With the SOM coming, Carrie and her label may decide that they do not want a conflict for her sake. SOM may spin off an album of its own. Who knows.

Carrie is apparently happy with Sony. That fact by itself tells the whole story.

Agree with you on some points-- but disagree on others.

The cd is already at 1.5 million scanned. You only need 1.7-1.8 scanned to get a 2x platinum certification. If her team refuses to release a 5th single- they can kiss 2x platinum goodbye. If they do release a 5th single-- it is a virtual certainty that it will be certified 2x platinum within a year-- maybe sooner.

Quote:
"Carrie is very different from Miranda. They have VERY different personal goals. Carrie is willing to relax and take her time. Miranda is all about more is better. Carrie is winning this battle. Miranda may be a star but Carrie is a mega star. The label knows what they are doing. Just look at their track record with Carrie in terms of her stardom.QUOTE:"

******agree with you completely here. :) (insert smiley) IT is like Taylor and Miranda are terrified to be off the radio for more then a month. They pump out albums and singles like factory line products, desperate to stay in the spotlight and keep their momentum going. Miranda pumps out Pistol Annies singles and albums at the same time she is working on her solo projects. she never stops, and never takes a break from the spotlight. It is really no wonder she keeps winning awards because the public never has a chance to consider other nominees-- since she is always on the radio and always eligible for every award it seems.

Maybe I am confused-- but there is no such thing as a conflict with her sales-- not sure what you mean? Many artists have several projects going at once-- and the album cycle is at a end, so any sales they hope to recoup are just to get it to 2x platinum. It won't matter if SOM has a soundtrack.

The people who will buy a Sound of Music soundtrack are not really country music fans but Broadway fans, SOM fans, and die hard Carrie fans. Country fans will continue to buy Carrie's cd if there is a 5th single to promote it.

Miranda's album is no longer eligible for any awards and she is already recording her next album in September-- so her era is over and it has been going almost 2 years.

Carrie's era: May 1, 2012- August 2013-- 14 months

Miranda's era: November 2011-November 2013 due to 5th single.--=-= 24 months

How is that even remotely fair? They cut off Carrie's album after 1 year but let Miranda's simmer for 2 years. Unfair to the fans to do that-- as Carrie takes longer to pump out her albums then Miranda. So we the fans will be waiting till 2015 for new music now.

Looking at this from a business perspective-- Carrie earns much more $$ for the label then Miranda- s0 it will earn the label more profit to put out another Carrie single then another Miranda single. That is the part of this that makes no sense to me.

Despite what the label may think- we are not blind idiots. We can do the math too. We don't need degrees in Business to figure out that Carrie is a bigger money maker then Miranda-- all we have to do is look at their chart and sales stats. Clearly-- the stats don't lie-- and it makes no sense for the label to pimp out Miranda's singles over Carrie's when Carrie's singles and albums sell so mich more and make a much bigger profit.

Last edited:

teesharky

I hope we get 5th single because I think we'll be waiting a while the 5th Album.

agree. Carrie likes to take her time on albums-- and she will be busy with sound of Music till the end of the year. So she won't even start Album 5 till spring 2014, assuming she takes a break to rest up after SOM.

If she finishes the cd by the end of 2014, we won't get it until 2015-- which will be 3 years from Blown Away's release.

We might not get a new lead single until spring 2015.

Is it really a good idea to keep Carrie off the radio from August 2013--- Spring 2015? I think not. So I hope the label is not thinking that way. :( Honestly, if you work on an album for 3 years -- wouldn't you want the era to go on a little longer to enjoy the fruits of your labor, and not rush it out after just 1 year and only 4 singles? It just confuses me.

They need to keep the fans happy and keep Carrie's momentum going-- not cut her off until 2015-- while Miranda and Taylor continue to churn out singles and albums like socks.

teesharky

'What single' and 'how many singles' are two totally different things though. I think she definitely has a bigger say than we think in single choice but not when it comes to how many singles.

I am basing all of my statements on what has come from the horse's mouth-- Carrie herself. She has made many comments-- even recently- that the label picks the singles, not her, though she can give her opinion and have input.

She said that the label picked See You Again and she was thrilled-- but she did not make the call.

I would imagine she has no say over how many singles come out, as other artists of her stature have said that the label picks the number of singles.

carrie admirer

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought the 5th single was announced looking at the title of this thread.

Cruel. :X

Sorry guys i didn't mean to mislead you...
Anyway i remember when i was checking youtube videos about carrie last year and when carrie was about to perform two black cadillacs live she said something like this: ''this is from my new album and i HOPE it will get released as a single some time in the future''
So she does not have the final say about the choices of her singles her record company does...
There are four songs left in the Blown away album that could be released as singles :
Wine after whiskey or
Do you think about me or
Good in goodbye or
Cupid's got a shotgun

I want one of them to get released by the end of september!!

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

I think, regardless of a 5th single released or not, we will get the debut single and the new album in the 2nd half next year. Carrie will then have a child and release a greatest hits. Atm tho I expect a BA 5th single because of the quality of potential singles still on the album and that a 5th single will still do well, however I see the possible extension of the album into CMA awards time as on the borderline of yes and no to whether a 5th single would need to be released to help Carrie's winning chances. No 5th single is realistic as the nominees and voting will already be out when the 5th single rolls around in September and a 5th single doesn't have to be needed to get Carrie a win, also theres nothing else Carrie can win with the extension of a 5th single because Carrie's Grammy nomination will either be for 2BC or SYA in 2014. However Yes to a 5th single as it will keep the album even more in voters minds as they do their final voting - a more country single like Cupid or WAW will guarantee success u would think.

Sales wise, a 5th single will propel the album to double platinum with increased sales though Christmas.

Just release a 5th single Arista and make it Cupid! Lol how reliable is the person thst tweeted that Carrie said it wont be released?

sco

I think, regardless of a 5th single released or not, we will get the debut single and the new album in the 2nd half next year.?
We are all just guessing but your guess, depending on what she has written, very well may be a good one. I also wouldn't be surprised if they decide to start a family after the start of next year and delay the new album. Mike has made it clear he is ready and just waiting for her to get on board with the idea. Personally I'd love to see another album soon but there are more important things in life so I'll be happy for her whatever she decides. As for the possible fifth single, I think Cupid would do really well but I would personally also love Good in Goodbye or Wine after Whiskey. If she is thinking of delaying a new album for a while that may well play into the decision of putting out an additional single.