Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

It is absolutely dumbfounding that radio is skyrocketing Brown’s new song to the top, when everyone else’s new clear channel deal songs had to start climbing slowly again afterwards. Kelsea still hasn’t made it to the top 30 again. But that’s the benefit of being in the club for the new boys of country music.

Reactions: Hil

maddkat

Staff member
country just majorly loves it's males.

males in the top 10 today
1 LUKE COMBS Doin' This +138
3 JASON ALDEAN Trouble With A Heartbreak +192
4 THOMAS RHETT Slow Down Summer +101
5 KEITH URBAN Wild Hearts +98
6 PARMALEE Take My Name +211
7 WALKER HAYES AA +224 ( this one really shows the radio love for males - callout it's just awful , 24% negative)
8 MORGAN WALLEN Wasted On You +204
9 TIM MCGRAW OBO +59

poor Tim , lol

bigd79

The funny thing is i think AA is a far better song than FL, not that that is saying a whole cuz i just find Walker Hayes to be super cheesy as an artist, but still i just don’t get why the public suddenly loves him he’s been releasing mediocre goofy songs for numerous years at this point.

CU4ever

The audience airplay gains are huge.
Yeah, not even Jason’s most recent song was doing this well or any other recent CC deal song. I don’t know why radio is acting like this is the best song they have ever heard and playing it accordingly

maddkat

Staff member
GS passes Dustin Lynch's 'Party Mode' (-8/-.069) to move to #23 (+49/+.101)
23 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 2289 1900 389 8.496

Brown (+222/+1.036) will pass GS tomorrow and GS will pass Hardy (-365/-2.198)

Last edited:

FanSince04

GS passes Dustin Lynch's 'Party Mode' (-8/-.069) to move to #23 (+49/+.101)
23 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 2289 1900 389 8.496

Brown (+222/+1.036) will pass GS tomorrow and GS will pass Hardy (-365/-2.198)
I wonder how an artist can justify these manipulated #1s.

Zach1998

Ghost Story is doing very good on the Monday Morning Intel, which is kind of like a prequel to the regular callouts.

It hasn’t made the official callouts yet, which come out on Friday’s, but usually the Monday Morning Intel goes hand in hand with the callouts, this is a good thing to say the least, it means it’s testing is good. Some closer chart watchers on Twitter are saying they wouldn’t be surprised if it hits #1.

It’s still the very early stages though, but things are looking promising. If you haven’t rated it on the survey that was posted a few pages back, make sure you do so, this helps with its testing.

rcramer

I in my heart can't see why it would not hit number#1..... Come one now, with all the other songs out there... Its so radio friendly....

Just like people saying it was not a good first single.... Please....

The Nanook

Ghost Story is doing very good on the Monday Morning Intel, which is kind of like a prequel to the regular callouts.

It hasn’t made the official callouts yet, which come out on Friday’s, but usually the Monday Morning Intel goes hand in hand with the callouts, this is a good thing to say the least, it means it’s testing is good. Some closer chart watchers on Twitter are saying they wouldn’t be surprised if it hits #1.

It’s still the very early stages though, but things are looking promising. If you haven’t rated it on the survey that was posted a few pages back, make sure you do so, this helps with its testing.
That's good to hear and I will be interested to see the official callouts. I really like Ghost Story as a song, but I still think it lacked the immediacy and punch typical of a lead single, especially one after the long gap from Cry Pretty, that gets it going right out of the gate. GS is definitely a grower (and sounds even better in the car) so hopefully it's the positive feedback and legs that eventually gets it to #1.

Zach1998

That's good to hear and I will be interested to see the official callouts. I really like Ghost Story as a song, but I still think it lacked the immediacy and punch typical of a lead single, especially one after the long gap from Cry Pretty, that gets it going right out of the gate. GS is definitely a grower (and sounds even better in the car) so hopefully it's the positive feedback and legs that eventually gets it to #1.
Definitely agree, it’s grown on me a lot. I think I just wanted something more immediate for a lead, because it’s not exactly setting the world on fire in sales or streams like you would hope for a Carrie Underwood lead.
Nonetheless, I, and everyone else, want to see her succeed, even if I would have rather her went with something stronger for a lead.

maddkat

Staff member
^ curious , what Carrie Underwood lead set the world on fire with streams and sales?
GS is doing well and is a good lead single imo. Just because the streaming crowd isn't streaming it like crazy doesn't mean it's not a good song. Most the high streaming songs are trash. again imo

The Nanook

^ curious , what Carrie Underwood lead set the world on fire with streams and sales?
GS is doing well and is a good lead single imo. Just because the streaming crowd isn't streaming it like crazy doesn't mean it's not a good song. Most the high streaming songs are trash. again imo
The point is we just saw IIDLY with Carrie smash right out of the gate. Though I guess we'll attribute that to Jason.

Last edited:

Zach1998

I mean every lead single prior to Storyteller, with sales at least. If it was selling like hotcakes that’d be fine that it’s streaming is subpar, but with it not selling that well either (currently sitting at 83 on iTunes country) and if her primary audience is a buyer and not a streamer then shouldn’t she be doing good there? It tells me there could’ve been a better song to be more of a moment for her.
GS isn’t doing terrible imo, just kind of feels the way you would expect a late album single to perform. Super happy it’s callouts are looking good though, maybe it will pick up on the other fronts as it climbs higher.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
The point is we just saw IIDLY with Carrie smash right out of the gate. Though I guess we'll attribute that to Jason.
mostly yes, as his follow up did the same thing. It's sitting at #2 after 18 weeks on mediabase and should be #1 in the next two weeks ( Combs looks to get two weeks)

CU4ever

Oh this is wonderful news. I imagined the reason GS took off last week or so was due to some early testing scores and this confirms it. I truly believe it’ll be #1.