Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

txacar

Nicki’s fan are pissed and are wanting their fans to go crazy for her after losing the top spot on twitter. They are all like who the f*** is Carrie and who is buying her songs lol. Short tempers with them.
Another thing I read on twitter and makes perfect sense. The Infinity symbol in her name this time around, could be the symbol for the Double Album we all have been speculating and wanting!!!!
I didn't even notice the infinity symbol until you mentioned it. She used connected o's on her CR and BA album covers and I assumed it was the same. Lol.

Michael Reid

Still strong at #1, according to Liveitunes US chart. The last update was 1.7 hours ago, it has Carrie at #1, at that moment the pacing on it, was for every 100 sold, Coi and Nicki were selling 93. Close, but Carrie is a Solid Green, increasing, while Coi and Nicki are a light Red, and slowing down.

The Nanook

Lyric video crosses 100,000 views on Youtube coming up on 23 hours after release. Don't recall how past singles did.

Any word on radio airplay, or is it too soon for that?

Last edited:

CU4ever

Since "Ghost Story" will debut on Mediabase tomorrow....here's a comparison of how Cry Pretty debuted:

"CP debuts at #39 with 1232 spins/9.47 AIs"

Hopefully it's a better debut! I remember CP being a little underwhelming and this one is so good and all the DJs today have been loving it. I know it'll smash!

Hil

Since "Ghost Story" will debut on Mediabase tomorrow....here's a comparison of how Cry Pretty debuted:

"CP debuts at #39 with 1232 spins/9.47 AIs"

Hopefully it's a better debut! I remember CP being a little underwhelming and this one is so good and all the DJs today have been loving it. I know it'll smash!
Hey, what have you seen/heard from DJ's?

The Nanook

Do songs still debut in the teens on country airplay charts with hourly radio deals? Didn't So Small, Smoke Break, maybe a few others all have really high debuts? And is that enough to chart on the Billboard Hot 100? I have no sense of how airplay compares to streaming on Hot 100 placement.

CU4ever

Hey, what have you seen/heard from DJ's?
Granger Smith loved it last night and played it a few times before 6AM! I have 5 or so local country stations I listen to. Today, I listened to the world premiere all day throughout two stations. One DJ everytime he played it said things along the lines of "Man, that is such a great song" and "I love that song". The other one said when introducing the song something like "We've got a world premiere of Carrie Underwood's new song, it's amazing and I love it." and then said after he played "Carrie's new one, I really love that one". These were all nearly exact quotes / close paraphrases. So they all love it! Hopefully this is how all the DJs feel and this is a #1!

Hil

Granger Smith loved it last night and played it a few times before 6AM! I have 5 or so local country stations I listen to. Today, I listened to the world premiere all day throughout two stations. One DJ everytime he played it said things along the lines of "Man, that is such a great song" and "I love that song". The other one said when introducing the song something like "We've got a world premiere of Carrie Underwood's new song, it's amazing and I love it." and then said after he played "Carrie's new one, I really love that one". These were all nearly exact quotes / close paraphrases. So they all love it! Hopefully this is how all the DJs feel and this is a #1!
Yay! That's so awesome. Thanks for taking the time to type all of that out.

CU4ever

debuts on mediabase today at 37

37 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 1237 0 1237 5.977
I think she’s competing for airplay with IIDLTY still which is #1 on the recurrent chart. Maren debuted at 31 and Miranda 33. So almost on par. Hopefully it catches up, it is also debuting 2 spots higher than CP did which was a top 10 hit

FanSince04

That’s a good debut! I wonder what BB will look like. GS is a sure fire hit! However, don’t expect this song to get strong numbers out the gate like IIDLY. Remember that song had a male singer attached. I do foresee this song making it to #1 at a gradual pace!

Last edited:

CU4ever

That’s a good debut! I wonder what BB will look like. GS is a sure fire hit! However, don’t expect this song to get strong numbers out the gate like IIDLY. Remember that song had a male singer attached. I do for see this song make it to #1 at a gradual pace!
I agree. I’ve noticed since the CP era ended, more songs go to #1. There are songs (not by Carrie or even necessarily songs I like, I just follow the charts) that I think will peak at 15 or 20, but then 3-4 months later theyre #1. I don’t notice many songs peaking at 10 or 15 anymore, seems they can mostly (not all, I know) go to #1 in the long run.

Considering IIDLY is #1 on the recurrent chart and just went off after 6 months in the top ten, and Jason’s new song moving slow because of that, we may have a slower takeoff but I don’t doubt for a second this will be a big #1 hit! 😎😄

Burst

Do we have Spotify numbers yet? She missed the top 200 (again) so they’re not great, but 150k+ would still be good.

Her team needs to invest more in playlisting if they want a decent billboard pea.

cmuf2011

Spotify streaming numbers idk how often it’s updated but currently it’s showing for the day of March 17, 2022 so of course Ghost story isn’t on the list for obvious reasons.