Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

The Nanook

Spotify streaming numbers idk how often it’s updated but currently it’s showing for the day of March 17, 2022 so of course Ghost story isn’t on the list for obvious reasons.
Use this: https://charts.spotify.com/charts/view/regional-us-daily/2022-03-18

Nicki's and Normani's new ones both debuted at #34 (447,002 plays) and #157 (258,896 plays), respectively. #200 had 231,023 plays. So whatever GS got is lower than that.

FanSince04

I’m aware iTunes needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but the fact Carrie is outselling both version’s of Nicki’s new song is impressive! I’m happy for both artists, because they aren’t in the same genre 😂

My hope is the new attention being given to streaming for Carrie will continue. Like it or not, this is the modern way to sell music. Carrie wil always sale physical CD’s no doubt, but we know she is capable of so much more! Streaming is the way. Here’s to hoping her team is viewing it the same way.

NC State Carrie Fan

It needs to hit at least 400k+ for first day streams. Many of the CP album tracks debuted with almost 150k streams on the first day and I am pretty sure many of the My Savior tracks were at about 75-100k streams. So it BETTER have a much better number. For reference, I think IIDLY debuted with around 650k. Right now it shows 2,857 streams so HOPEFULLY that means it has not updated lol

The Nanook

First day streams of 300,529. Decent number.
Source? But that must be across all platforms then, right? Since it didn't earn more than 230,000 from Spotify.

For reference, these are IIDLY's US streams from release week—just on Spotify. That would mean IIDLY earned more on its 7th day from just one platform than GS did on its first day across all platforms... It's good to see Carrie's team is promoting GS on all the streaming services and getting it put on playlists, but it doesn't seem to be translating that strongly to actual streams. They need to get fans and the general public interested in Carrie and actively searching for and playing her music too.

1647711164603.png

NC State Carrie Fan

Spotify itself ^^. Tbh I’ve never paid much attention to the Spotify charts because I know certain songs in the past have had more than enough streams to be in the top 200 and they are not on that chart. Like BHC is getting more than 200k streams in a day so technically it should be on there.

Burst

300k is much better than expected.

I bet it just missed the Spotify top 200. If 80k were from outside of the US, it explains why it’s not on the chart.

She still deserves better playlisting though.

The Nanook

Oh I see it on the desktop app now. It must have just updated in the past hour or so. More likely than not the 300,000 number is its cumulative plays as of when it updated, not from just the first 24 hours. Maren Morris' latest debuted at #111 with 298k. Though Maren is quite a bigger streaming artist than Carrie.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Tomorrow will be GS’ second day on the chart. Here’s a comparison on how CP did along with Maren and Miranda’s recent clear channel debuts on day two:

for reminder, GS has debuted 2 spots higher than CP did already:

on day 2:

CP moved up 3 spots to #36 on mediabase (+119 spins/+.987 AIs)

Miranda stayed at her debut position (#33, gaining 55 spins and 320K audience) and Maren moved up one spot to #30, gaining 76 spins and 350K in audience. Both of these songs are on track to reach #1. So if Ghost Story does anywhere near what CP did on day two, or at least how Maren/Miranda did, this will be #1!

Hil

Tomorrow will be GS’ second day on the chart. Here’s a comparison on how CP did along with Maren and Miranda’s recent clear channel debuts on day two:

on day 2:

Miranda stayed at her debut position (#33, gaining 55 spins and 320K audience) and Maren moved up one spot to #30, gaining 76 spins and 350K in audience. Both of these songs are on track to reach #1. So if Ghost Story does anywhere near what CP did on day two, or at least how Maren/Miranda did, this will be #1!
How can we tell it will be a number one after day two if CP wasn't? Just asking I have no idea about radio charts. Miranda's to me looks like it's stalling being on the chart for months, but as I said I know nothing about this stuff nor do I really keep up with it except for Carrie's songs.

CU4ever

How can we tell it will be a number one after day two if CP wasn't? Just asking I have no idea about radio charts. Miranda's to me looks like it's stalling being on the chart for months, but as I said I know nothing about this stuff nor do I really keep up with it except for Carrie's songs.
Post CP era, I’ve noticed most songs go to #1 and very few just peak randomly at 10 or 20. Not all songs do, but more have had longer climbs to the top. Miranda’s new one is competing with airplay with her duet in the top 5 with Elle king, so I’m just assuming it’ll pick way up when that’s off the charts. I just have a good feeling about this doing better than CP for the reason of more songs having longer climbs to the top these days, and if it already debuted a couple spots higher than CP, which made it to #6, then maybe those couple spots show more interest than CP had and would be enough to close the gap to #1 as well. Also, Maren’s song is doing fine despite it starting out only gaining 30 spins a day compared to when CP was gaining 100+ (even though that began struggling at #10). I think it’s just a different time where more (most) songs go to the top than used to just via slower climbs. Especially since I’ve seen so many songs look like they were done at #20 and then go to #1 a few months later. Im also assuming that it having a clear channel deal will help as well, very few of those have a hard time not going anywhere

CU4ever

on day 2:

For further comparison, Jason’s new song entered at #31 with only a hundred more spins than GS has, and then moved up only 1 spot to #30 the next day, also gaining only about 70 spins and 350K in audience. Slower starts & slower but steady climbs to #1 are normal nowadays

maddkat

Staff member
you can't

GS moves up 3 spots to #34 (+76/+.392)
34 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 1313 0 1313 6.369

looks like two songs ( above GS) go recurrent today so GS should finish the week at #31

Last edited:

FanSince04

^ were those daily or official chart debuts

you can't

looks like one song goes recurrent today so GS should finish the week at #33

Pretty good spin increase and solid audience impressions! I see this remaining or increasing from here 😊 Also, when will we start seeing radio adds?

Zach1998

on day 2:

Maren's song will probably go #1, or close to it, but Miranda's won't. Callouts came out last Friday and it has some pretty bad ones, so unless they improve, it'll probably peak just inside or right below the top 10, like the majority of her other lead singles recently have.

As for "Ghost Story," outside of Carrie stans it has mixed reviews. I don't really know if I see radio sending this all the way to #1, unless it has good staying power after the initial hype dies down, as it sounds nothing like whats on the radio at the moment, even Carrie said this. I did notice that it had significantly less first day spins than Miranda's and Maren's leads, about 200 spins less than Miranda's and 300 spins less than Maren's, so take that could be your first take on how radio feels about it, compared to the other two.

Last edited:

CU4ever

As for "Ghost Story," outside of Carrie stans it has mixed reviews. I don't really know if I see radio sending this all the way to #1, unless it has good staying power after the initial hype dies down, as it sounds nothing like whats on the radio at the moment, even Carrie said this. I did notice that it had significantly less first day streams than Miranda's and Maren's leads, about 200 spins less than Miranda's and 300 spins less than Maren's, so take that could be your first take on how radio feels about it, compared to the other two.
Today’s update (spins and audience) was about the exact gain Jason (+72/+.388), Maren (+76/+.388), and Miranda (+55/.352) had on day two so hopefully it’s a sign it’ll follow the path of maren and Jason!

Last edited:

CU4ever

looks like two songs ( above GS) go recurrent today so GS should finish the week at #32
Pretty excited about this update!! It’s right on par for how clear channel deal songs seem to be doing recently. For comparison, GS gained more spins than three recent clear channel deal songs did on their second days (updates) on the chart and gained more audience than all three! 😎 so I’m hoping this is a sign for good things to come

day 2 updates:
Carrie (+76/+.392)
Maren (+76/+.388)
Jason (+72/+.388)
Miranda (+55/.352)