Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

FanSince04

The Highway Hot 30 Weekend Countdown: Weekly countdown show determined by members of "The Highway Patrol," a free club of listeners who rate the music in a special online application.
That’s excellent news to see the song still registering with listeners!

rcramer

I actually enjoy that countdown and Sirius radio... Much better that local country stations.

And Storme Warren is a great radio broadcaster....

simonplay

Fun fact: Ghost Story has now sold 200k units

For comparison:
Heartfirst, Kelsea Ballerini: 195k
Circles Around This Town, Maren Morris: 330k
If I Was A Cowboy, Miranda Lambert: 610k (Certified Gold in april)
This seems a little off!? How is that Heartfirst sold more than GS when it doesn't even debuted in the hot 100? It's been behind GS on itunes, it's been out just for 3 months and it's not smashing on streaming? 🤔

Zach1998

Fun fact: Ghost Story has now sold 200k units

For comparison:
Heartfirst, Kelsea Ballerini: 195k
Circles Around This Town, Maren Morris: 330k
If I Was A Cowboy, Miranda Lambert: 610k (Certified Gold in april)
I thought that I read in an ad in country aircheck a few weeks ago that it had over 43,000,000 streams. Wouldn't that bring it to 285k, not including sales (which are probably around 15k or more if I'm estimating correct.)

Or do different types of streams count different?

Reactions: Hil

The Nanook

I thought that I read in an ad in country aircheck a few weeks ago that it had over 43,000,000 streams. Wouldn't that bring it to 285k, not including sales (which are probably around 15k or more if I'm estimating correct.)

Or do different types of streams count different?
Ad-free (paid) and ad-supported (free) streams have different weights. That 43 million number might be a global number too whereas the 200k might be domestic, but not sure the source on either number.

Eder Rodrigues

This seems a little off!? How is that Heartfirst sold more than GS when it doesn't even debuted in the hot 100? It's been behind GS on itunes, it's been out just for 3 months and it's not smashing on streaming? 🤔
It didn't. Is basically the same because of the streams. Kelsea has even more streams on Spotify than Carrie. Hot 100 is based on airplay and sales too, where Carrie has the advantage, that's why she has debuted on the chart.

Zach1998

I think it will be passed by Mitchell Tenpenny and probably Cole Swindell in the next month or so. Other than that I think it's gaining pretty much the same as everyone else.

rcramer

No sense hand wringing over this crazy manipulated Mediabase chart. Songs sit in eternity now to even reach the Top 10 and then the log jam while in there is just as bad. Not to mention the ridiculous pushes..

CU4ever

At the end of the day I’m not worried if it gets passed. Like ive said before I have noticed it is easier for songs to still go to #1 recently. If a song gets passed it just goes to #1 a couple weeks later

FanSince04

GS is passed by 'Truth About You' (+141/+.296) and drops to #13 (+79/+.216)
13 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4344 4183 161 17.654

with todays update radio might finally be dropping 'Circles Around This Town' (-114/-.239)
It’s time

Michael Reid

3 songs at the top are all dropping. Maren looks to be dropping. So that’s 4 that shortly GS will pass and give us #9.

it’s sad that it is so hard for country radio to have 2 solo women with different songs within the Top 10 together.

Reactions: Hil