Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Daraebe

Well there was indeed an unnecessary wait between "Good Girl" hitting #1 and the release of "Blown Away"...I mean, a lot of other teams release singles lightening fast (Hint: Zac Brown Band), but then, between "Over You" and "Fastest Girl In Town", there's a pretty similar gap as well.

ZBB fast release was due to getting their lead single out on radio fast to give with their release of the CD in July

supercarriefan

I was just on AllAccess, and I see that Tim McGraw's first single from Big Machine is going for adds on the 9th. It's called "Truck Yeah" lol...I hope the song is much better than the title suggests, but I won't get my hopes up.

Lauren's "Eighteen Inches" also has an adds date now: July 16th.

teesharky

It is just odd. Carries team has never delayed a second or third single this long before. Sometimes there is a gap over the holidays when xmas music plays but usually radio plays the new single rightaway.

I did notice a small gap of time for miranda too between over you and fastest girl. That confused me as ithought the idea was to space out miranda and carries singles?
So why delay mirandas single?

Claire2004

I was just on AllAccess, and I see that Tim McGraw's first single from Big Machine is going for adds on the 9th. It's called "Truck Yeah" lol...I hope the song is much better than the title suggests, but I won't get my hopes up.

Tim McGraw has performed this song already on his co-headlining tour with Kenny. No comment LOL, I'll let you decide :p - Tim McGraw NEW SONG Truck Yeah! Atlanta GA 6-3-12 HD - YouTube

teesharky

According to windmills truck yeah is horrendous. Lol

Tim is way too talented to join the truck beer tractor club of wgwgs. He is way better then that so this disappoints me.

We need Garth Vader back asap to save country music from this hot mess. At least Garth had fantastic songs with very strong lyrics and subject matter. His songs stand the test of time and are still great today. It is like many the males are just copying each other: song about trucks/beer/tractors/guns - check. Cowboy hat and guitar- check.

We need some originality. Thank God for alan jackson. Now thats a songwriter.

allamericangirl8

I actually love the name. It's like saying Eff yeah! but without the "f" word. And it's almost like he's doing it to troll us since all you see in this thread is, "That darn truck song!"

You are a clever son of a gun, Tim McGraw.

teesharky

Yeah but that play on words has been done several times already. Ie sugarland "it happens." just add the sh.

Then you have the " love you" song that was a play on "f-u".

Then there was a toby keith song that hid the swear word like that. It has been done before many times over.

allamericangirl8

Yeah but that play on words has been done several times already. Ie sugarland "it happens." just add the sh.

Then you have the " love you" song that was a play on "f-u".

Then there was a toby keith song that hid the swear word like that. It has been done before many times over.

That's what I was trying to point out. That the song is not clever at all. ;)

Seriously, just say the word. It's doesn't make you cute or funny to make a pun like that unless you're Jennifer Nettles.

liz278

My question is: Are people that listen to/programmers for country radio really wanting another truck song? I know we have had this discussion about how the people that listen to radio aren't the ones that really decide what is played, but do they really think we want to listen to "Truck Yeah". I agree with lstname89 that Tim hasn't had a decent song out for a long time. And I used to love his stuff.
And thank God for Alan Jackson! :)

teesharky

mamas broken heart would have been a great summer hit for miranda. Fastest Girl seems like a rehashed crazy exgirlfriend meets gunpowder and lead song. nothing original there. But that Mamas Broken heart has a great melody that grabs you.

NC State Carrie Fan

Why is everyone getting upset and saying the gap is too long... Good Girl just peaked like a week ago...and the add for Blown Away is 3 weeks later just like every other single haha and I think Truck Yeah sounds like an awesome song! and I like Fastest Girl In Town too....and is anybody else worried about Blown Away? I personally love it and think its genius but everyone I talk too doesnt not like it or Two Black Cadillacs at all! Everyone likes Do You Think About Me, Good In Goodbye and See You Again.

opry051008

I was just reading that Adele is pregnant and I thought holy crap, we can't even last a few week's between Carrie's songs, what are we going to do when she gets pregnant. lol!

Mirasa45A

I was just reading that Adele is pregnant and I thought holy crap, we can't even last a few week's between Carrie's songs, what are we going to do when she gets pregnant. lol!

When Carrie is pregnant, she is going to record a Traditional Country song and will be performing at Las Vegas Hotel, so she doesn't have to travel city to city. ;)
;)