Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

sam_vzla

I was just reading that Adele is pregnant and I thought holy crap, we can't even last a few week's between Carrie's songs, what are we going to do when she gets pregnant. lol!

I honestly think that everyone should start getting the possibility of this happening into their heads, have it on the background or something lol. I tell everyone: enjoy this era, because people change their mind and we dont know what Carrie might want 2 years from now...

liveasong

Fastest Girl In Town.... TYPICAL MIRANDA LAMBERT! xD

I like the song, but it's a really "recycle" song to me....

She has done this 234234 times now.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
BA dropped off the Spincrease chart probably because it lost the big gain it made last week when it was played on Whitney Allen's Big Time Saturday Night.

On Hot AC, GG (-21 spins, -0.153 million AIs) remains at #25.

On AC, GG (-2 spins, -0.002 million AIs) drops a spot to #38.

clh_hilary

Madonna made "Evita" the movie as well as the Soundtrack while she was pregnant. P!nk made "Greatest Hits...So Far!!!" with a Hot 100 #1 hit ("Raise Your Glass") and a Hot 100 #2 hit ("Perfect") while she was pregnant and will be releasing an album soon. Britney Spears' two babies didn't really delay her release schedule either. If Carrie wants to, she can very well pull off a big era despite being pregnant.

DaisyTweets

Tx cary. I think the main reason I am getting antsy about the delay in sending BA to radio is that we waited soooooo long for the album that i am ready to rock and roll this album as russerdamus says. :) I don't think I have anymore patience left to wait anymore- especially when there is not usually such a big gap between singles.
Haven't you figured out already that EVERYTHING about this album era is different? Carrie said herself that she wanted to make this album era different and when she looked back she wanted to visually see the differences. Thus far, I'd say that everything Carrie and her team have done has been OUTSTANDING and I have no reason to doubt their future plans for this era. After all, Carrie is surrounded by a GREAT team and people and they are the experts.

DaisyTweets

After the past few years & considering all the evidence, I'm willing to diagnose that you were born without the patience bone & given a double dose of the worry bone.
HAHAHAHAHA great post Ron! Another laugh out loud post! Except I'd up your double dose of the worry bone and say that every bone that Tee has is a worry bone!;);););)

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

Fastest Girl In Town.... TYPICAL MIRANDA LAMBERT! xD

I like the song, but it's a really "recycle" song to me....

She has done this 234234 times now.
With the appearance of Skylar and Rae Lynn (from the Voice) hitting the music scene, it almost seems like to me that ML is saying with the release of this song that she is the original bad girl with guns theme and the public better not forget it! Yougins' may come along and try to steal her thunder and horn in on her little niche in the genre but she is the original. So yeah this is a repeat, recycled song and it isn't a very good song to boot!

pandy

Well, so far Blown Away has been added to three stations, with a total of 18 adds so far. Not bad

StationSpins LWFormatMarketLabelOwnerMarket
Rank
Date/Time Added
KVOX-FMAct0CountryFargo, ND - Moorhead, MN19/Arista NashvilleTriad Broadcasting Company2146/30/2012 8:02:00 AM
KYKR-FMAct0CountryBeaumont, TX19/Arista NashvilleClear Channel Communications1416/30/2012 8:01:00 AM
WEGX-FMAct0CountryFlorence, SC19/Arista NashvilleQantum Communications2036/29/2012 10:05:00 AM

teesharky

GG peaked amonth ago during Cmt week not a week ago. Lol. So theywaited an entire month to debut BA. That is odd as they don't usually wait that long between singles.

But even todays update shows that some of the spin gains were from a syndicated show last week. The song is not even on thespin increase list anymore! That is rare for a new carrie song!

So something is up. They are holding it back for some reason.

Why is everyone getting upset and saying the gap is too long... Good Girl just peaked like a week ago...and the add for Blown Away is 3 weeks later just like every other single haha and I think Truck Yeah sounds like an awesome song! and I like Fastest Girl In Town too....and is anybody else worried about Blown Away? I personally love it and think its genius but everyone I talk too doesnt not like it or Two Black Cadillacs at all! Everyone likes Do You Think About Me, Good In Goodbye and See You Again.

hjj

They are holding back BA because it was not sent out to radio yet and I suspect they want a big roll out. After all how many songs/music video has the artist appearing and has a red carpet appearance w/ some radio folks and a few selected lucky listeners.

Marv

Tee---Please stop with the fictitious info regarding the 'long gap', okay????? We all luv Carrie to pieces/smithereens/oodles and oodles, and so on, but let's be 100% honest, pretty please kind sir?

Let's go check the history books.

11-24-08---'Just A Dream' goes recurrent @ Country Aircheck/Mediabase.

12-23-08---Whitney Allen plays 'I Told You So', and introduced it as Carrie's new single; I started that thread on the Pulse board that evening.

1-5-09---Country Aircheck Music Edition confirms that 'I Told You So' will be going for adds on February 2nd.

1-20-09
---'I Told You So' debuts @ #42 on the Country Aircheck Music Edition chart.

2-2-09---'I Told You So' jumps from #24 to #21 on its 'going for adds date'.

Total number of days between 'Just A Dream' heading off to recurrentville and the announcement of the 'going for adds' date for 'I Told You So'----70.

Take a deep breath--everything's gonna be OK, okay????

teesharky

Marv i specifically said that there is a gap during the xmas shut down in my earlier post. That is an exception to normal chart rules.

So my post was not fictious anx I did not deserve the nasty remark.

Thank you and have a lovely day! :)

liveasong

With the appearance of Skylar and Rae Lynn (from the Voice) hitting the music scene, it almost seems like to me that ML is saying with the release of this song that she is the original bad girl with guns theme and the public better not forget it! Yougins' may come along and try to steal her thunder and horn in on her little niche in the genre but she is the original. So yeah this is a repeat, recycled song and it isn't a very good song to boot!

Yeah! Hahaha! Or maybe she's singing this song to Carrie and Taylor! HA!

Just kidding.. ;P Although I know that if she was put against Carrie in a singing competition, she would be indeed, the Fastest Girl In Town to RUN THE F*CK AWAY! xD

Gator

Tee---Please stop with the fictitious info regarding the 'long gap', okay????? We all luv Carrie to pieces/smithereens/oodles and oodles, and so on, but let's be 100% honest, pretty please kind sir?

Let's go check the history books.

11-24-08---'Just A Dream' goes recurrent @ Country Aircheck/Mediabase.

12-23-08---Whitney Allen plays 'I Told You So', and introduced it as Carrie's new single; I started that thread on the Pulse board that evening.

1-5-09---Country Aircheck Music Edition confirms that 'I Told You So' will be going for adds on February 2nd.

1-20-09
---'I Told You So' debuts @ #42 on the Country Aircheck Music Edition chart.

2-2-09---'I Told You So' jumps from #24 to #21 on its 'going for adds date'.

Total number of days between 'Just A Dream' heading off to recurrentville and the announcement of the 'going for adds' date for 'I Told You So'----70.

Take a deep breath--everything's gonna be OK, okay????

Marv~ thanks for that info. I think we just get anxious for new Carrie music once the current single peaks. I am greatly looking forward to the Blown Away single/video rollout. It seems like they have something spectacular planned! Cannot wait! :) :) :)

Daraebe

GG peaked amonth ago during Cmt week not a week ago. Lol. So theywaited an entire month to debut BA. That is odd as they don't usually wait that long between singles.

But even todays update shows that some of the spin gains were from a syndicated show last week. The song is not even on thespin increase list anymore! That is rare for a new carrie song!

So something is up. They are holding it back for some reason.

Nothing about this era has been normal compared to her last era's. Carrie stated herself that she wanted this era to be different from the past. Comparing this to the past will not work if Carrie maintains the stance of wanting it to be different. Radio does not have the song so they can not be mass playing it. Maybe she wants to spread out the songs and enjoy the era instead of rushing from single to single

pkc4rls

Ok, a question - and I mean it with all sincerity. :) We talk over and over about the single being "delayed." I guess my question is why does it matter if it was "delayed" or if this is normal? If the song BA will create all these sales as some think and hope, and I of course am one of those that hope, does it matter if sales were "delayed" a month let's say?? I mean so it will generate sales a month later then so why will it matter?? Does it matter if it starts generating sales in July versus June as long as it does so to speak - I mean other then some are impatient and want it now?? (And I am sure I am guilty of that on occasion also, lol). It is just that I keep seeing that talked about so I started wondering why does it matter all that much is all - as long as there is the same end result - as in later rather then sooner??

teesharky

They are holding back BA because it was not sent out to radio yet and I suspect they want a big roll out. After all how many songs/music video has the artist appearing and has a red carpet appearance w/ some radio folks and a few selected lucky listeners.

AgreE. They have something planned special for this song or else it would have way more then 3 measily adds and much more unsolicited airplay before the adds date.

Something is up -- but it may be a good something-- like they want to debut it with a bang?

bigbluegrl23

considering this was looked at as a potential first single, does anyone seriously think it matter when its released? come on guys.
Becca

teesharky

Ok, a question - and I mean it with all sincerity. :) We talk over and over about the single being "delayed." I guess my question is why does it matter if it was "delayed" or if this is normal? If the song BA will create all these sales as some think and hope, and I of course am one of those that hope, does it matter if sales were "delayed" a month let's say?? I mean so it will generate sales a month later then so why will it matter?? Does it matter if it starts generating sales in July versus June as long as it does so to speak - I mean other then some are impatient and want it now?? (And I am sure I am guilty of that on occasion also, lol). It is just that I keep seeing that talked about so I started wondering why does it matter all that much is all - as long as there is the same end result - as in later rather then sooner??

Lol very good point. :). I am just anxious for sales to pick up again and everyone thinks BA will do the trick so I hate to see this delay as sales keep falling.

Also the delay is sort of hurting the momentum/buzz that the new album had worked hard to build up with GG.

However-- i think the BA video is going to smash and create a whole new buzz for carrie and the cd. So once that video hits I expect and hope things will start heating up again for this album. No one has used a tornado in a music video before! Haha that alone will create buzz. :)

It doesn't matter except that i want carrie to be most played country female at the year end radio charts again this year- and keeping her off the radio a month could hurt her chances especially with GG not hitting radio till late february.

supercarriefan

Nothing about this era has been normal compared to her last era's. Carrie stated herself that she wanted this era to be different from the past. Comparing this to the past will not work if Carrie maintains the stance of wanting it to be different. Radio does not have the song so they can not be mass playing it. Maybe she wants to spread out the songs and enjoy the era instead of rushing from single to single

I agree. It would be cause for concern if the song had been officially sent to radio, and radio just wasn't playing it. That isn't the case, though, and clearly Carrie's team wants this single rollout to be huge. They have already made a splash by announcing the plans for the video release, and getting radio involved in that contest. They are building anticipation.
The fact that several stations are going ahead, and giving some spins to BA without it being sent to them yet, says that they are excited to get this new single. When radio does officially get the single sent to them, I think it will take off fast, and once the video is released, I think the buzz around this song will be huge. The song itself is something truly different than anything Carrie has ever done before, and the video looks to be a big step up from her previous efforts as well.
Carrie clearly wants this era to be very special. She has worked so hard to make this amazing album, and I think she just wants everything to be just right. Every move Carrie and her team have made this era seems to come from a place of purpose, and I don't get the impression they want to rush anything out there just because that is what they have always done, or because that is what others are doing. I get the impression that Carrie wants to get as much out of this era as possible, both in terms of career and her own personal fulfillment with her music. She looks the happiest we have ever seen her, and I love that she seems to be taking time to enjoy the ride that she is on right now with this new material. I trust that Carrie and her team know what is best for her.