Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

liveasong

22808230.jpg

HAHAHAHA! Really funny!

But it's true though! Tee is one of the most dedicated Carrie fans I know... so yeah... leave her alone!

I just can't leave Tee alone, I just can't leave Tee alone, I just can't leave Tee alone, I just can't leave Tee ALONE! HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Pi314CA

I agree. It would be cause for concern if the song had been officially sent to radio, and radio just wasn't playing it. That isn't the case, though, and clearly Carrie's team wants this single rollout to be huge. They have already made a splash by announcing the plans for the video release, and getting radio involved in that contest. They are building anticipation.
The fact that several stations are going ahead, and giving some spins to BA without it being sent to them yet, says that they are excited to get this new single. When radio does officially get the single sent to them, I think it will take off fast, and once the video is released, I think the buzz around this song will be huge. The song itself is something truly different than anything Carrie has ever done before, and the video looks to be a big step up from her previous efforts as well.
Carrie clearly wants this era to be very special. She has worked so hard to make this amazing album, and I think she just wants everything to be just right. Every move Carrie and her team have made this era seems to come from a place of purpose, and I don't get the impression they want to rush anything out there just because that is what they have always done, or because that is what others are doing. I get the impression that Carrie wants to get as much out of this era as possible, both in terms of career and her own personal fulfillment with her music. She looks the happiest we have ever seen her, and I love that she seems to be taking time to enjoy the ride that she is on right now with this new material. I trust that Carrie and her team know what is best for her.

Great post, supercarriefan. :)

These songs are a cause for concern as they are moving up very slowly:

20 22 EASTON CORBIN Lovin' You Is Fun 2192 2147 45 17.042
25 25 JERROD NIEMANN Shinin' On Me 1700 1656 44 11.120
26 27 CHRIS YOUNG Neon 1633 1587 46 11.589
24 28 ALAN JACKSON So You Don't Have To... 1699 1861 -162 12.561
28 29 LADY ANTEBELLUM Wanted You More 1514 1370 144 10.305
29 30 LEE BRICE Hard To Love 1494 1407 87 11.153

There are also a bunch of songs in the #31-#50 slots that are barely gaining spins (note the 2nd to last number of each row) or are 'dying'.

32 31 JOSH THOMPSON Comin' Around 1274 1321 -47 9.906
31 32 KIX BROOKS New To This Town f/J... 1323 1384 -61 9.938
34 34 PHIL VASSAR Don't Miss Your Life 1105 1077 28 5.97
36 35 JAKE OWEN The One That Got Awa... 941 781 160 5.557
35 37 JUSTIN MOORE 'Til My Last Day 984 963 21 6.891
38 38 EDENS EDGE Too Good To Be True 785 737 48 3.995
37 39 GEORGE STRAIT Drinkin' Man 781 768 13 4.445
43 44 SCOTTY MCCREERY Water Tower Town 475 462 13 2.087

teesharky

Haha you rock! Lol. It is all good though! No worries! :)

I saw aerosmith live friday for the first time so I am on a rock high right now. Lol they were great!!!

After seeing Steven Tyler sing live I am even in more awe that carrie got to sing with him twice already and that the new duet is actually on an Aerosmith album!!

Plus we have the Kenny Rogers duet too!
So this fall should be exciting!

nccountrygal

Great post, supercarriefan. :)

These songs are a cause for concern as they are moving up very slowly:

20 22 EASTON CORBIN Lovin' You Is Fun 2192 2147 45 17.042
25 25 JERROD NIEMANN Shinin' On Me 1700 1656 44 11.120
26 27 CHRIS YOUNG Neon 1633 1587 46 11.589
24 28 ALAN JACKSON So You Don't Have To... 1699 1861 -162 12.561
28 29 LADY ANTEBELLUM Wanted You More 1514 1370 144 10.305
29 30 LEE BRICE Hard To Love 1494 1407 87 11.153

There are also a bunch of songs in the #31-#50 slots that are barely gaining spins (note the 2nd to last number of each row) or are 'dying'.

32 31 JOSH THOMPSON Comin' Around 1274 1321 -47 9.906
31 32 KIX BROOKS New To This Town f/J... 1323 1384 -61 9.938
34 34 PHIL VASSAR Don't Miss Your Life 1105 1077 28 5.97
36 35 JAKE OWEN The One That Got Awa... 941 781 160 5.557
35 37 JUSTIN MOORE 'Til My Last Day 984 963 21 6.891
38 38 EDENS EDGE Too Good To Be True 785 737 48 3.995
37 39 GEORGE STRAIT Drinkin' Man 781 768 13 4.445
43 44 SCOTTY MCCREERY Water Tower Town 475 462 13 2.087

I really like Alan Jackson's song and Lee Brice's song. Also, has anyone heard "Glass" by Tompson Square? I really like that song too. With regards to LA's song I find that one boring. I think their last couple of songs have been boring. Oh I forgot to say I also like Chris Young's song too.

teesharky

Nothing about this era has been normal compared to her last era's. Carrie stated herself that she wanted this era to be different from the past. Comparing this to the past will not work if Carrie maintains the stance of wanting it to be different. Radio does not have the song so they can not be mass playing it. Maybe she wants to spread out the songs and enjoy the era instead of rushing from single to single

True! Nothing is typical of this era which is fine by me! :). I was getting bored of how predictable things were getting anyway so I am fine with the way they have changed things up this era. :)

I think something is up-- but I think it is a good thing- not bad. No way does Carrie Freakin Underwood get 3 measiky adds for a new single. Lol no way in hell. Something is up. :)

Sorry I didn't see your post before.

teesharky

^ count me in on the alan jackson bandwagon. I am
Listening to Carrie's version of Look at Me right now and wishing it had been a single. So pretty! Why do all the great ballads never make it to radio??

And how could Carrie say no to that duet with Alan?? Crazy girl. Lol. If alan jackson asks you to sing with him-- you say yes!! :)

Marv

I'm having a heck of a time rotating the current CDs by Carrie, Alan, & Thompson Square between everything; they're all terrific CDs.

I also agree with Liz278 that country radio's treatment of older artists such as Alan, King George & Lee Ann Womack is downright sickening, as well as legendary ladies such as Patty Loveless & Trisha Yearwood. The fact that Carrie has Reba as an icon to admire & seek advice from if necessary is also very wise on her part. I'm hoping for a new CD from Lee Ann later this year; it would definitely go straight to the top of my 'I gotta have it list', since there are only a handful of artists who've never disappointed me with any of their CDs, and Ms. Womack is definitely one of those very few artists that I've revered without fail in the fifteen years since 'The Fool' & 'A Little Past Little Rock' hit #1 @ R&R.

I have no idea what Alan's next single is going to be, but thank goodness that CDs last forever.

teesharky

I hear King George on the radio all day long....lol But I rarely hear Leanne Womak. That makes me sad. She is soooo talented.

epicamends

I am so jealous that you got to see Aerosmith, Tee. :p I am really hoping they add more dates in the fall, and hopefully one will be near me.

Marv

Unfortunately, the country format has been inundated by tons of top 40 programmers who don't know the format thanks to the beancounting conglomerates who own everything, or the amount of passion which its listeners have for their station and their artists, and those levels of passion are unmatched by any other format.

That certainly doesn't help artists such as Ms. Womack, whose impeccable 'Call Me Crazy' CD from 2008 also gets played a ton in my car and at home; great music will always endure, and Lee Ann, Alan & King George have certainly given all of us a superb and very deep bounty of masterpieces that will last forever.

liz278

I am coming to understand the old timers when they talk about "country music" in that I wish that the newcomers would at least try to do something other than the tried and true formulas. But I love anyone who is different - hence my love for Carrie.

teesharky

I am so jealous that you got to see Aerosmith, Tee. :p I am really hoping they add more dates in the fall, and hopefully one will be near me.

Hopefully they will do more shows. I noticed it ends by Fall, and they really didn't do that many cities yet...so I bet they will add a Fall leg of the tour....

They album drops in November so I am thinking they may sing the duet with Carrie at the CMAS and/or AMAs in late November. Aerofanatic said the song is called Beautiful and it is sort of a "country" flavored rock song.....so I could see the CMAS allowing Aerosmith to sing there to promote the song, and the album, since Carrie is on it.

Maybe Carrie will even perform twice: the duet, and her own song? They owe her two slots since they never give her any awards anymore. lol

teesharky

Unfortunately, the country format has been inundated by tons of top 40 programmers who don't know the format thanks to the beancounting conglomerates who own everything, or the amount of passion which its listeners have for their station and their artists, and those levels of passion are unmatched by any other format.

That certainly doesn't help artists such as Ms. Womack, whose impeccable 'Call Me Crazy' CD from 2008 also gets played a ton in my car and at home; great music will always endure, and Lee Ann, Alan & King George have certainly given all of us a superb and very deep bounty of masterpieces that will last forever.

I am suprised your station does not play King George? He is a huge favorite of the djs here in NY. They play him alot. Sirius Highway plays him alot too.

But as you said, they rarely play Leanne womak. I do hear Alan Jackson, but not as regularly as King George.

It is way too much about the new guys, and then they alternate between 3 girls: Carrie, Miranda and SWSRN. I rarely hear Martina anymore on the radio either.

keepplayingon2

I really like Alan Jackson's song and Lee Brice's song. Also, has anyone heard "Glass" by Tompson Square? I really like that song too. With regards to LA's song I find that one boring. I think their last couple of songs have been boring. Oh I forgot to say I also like Chris Young's song too.

totally agree with you with Thompson Square and LA!

bigbluegrl23

I want to preface this by saying I adore Lady A but does anyone else feel like EVERY.SONG.IS.A.LOVE.BALLAD. its getting so old haha
Becca

Marv

KKGO and KFRG both play a ton of George's music: KKGO's library is the largest of any country station in existence as Lon Helton has mentioned in his newsletter ( ah, the advantage of private ownership), and since their audience is substantially older than most country stations out there (ditto for KFRG and San Diego's legendary KSON), they still play a hefty amount of nineties product from George, Alan & everybody else, as well as more recent instant classics such as the downright flawless 'Living And Living Well', which spent a month at #1 @ R&R exactly ten years ago.

I just purchased that Thompson Square CD a few weeks ago (shame on me), and I'm still downright delirious about the fact that 'Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?' wound up #1 for the year at Country Aircheck/Mediabase last year despite some serious competition from several format megastars who couldn't overtake them. I don't think there'll be any more singles from it, but there's no shortage of possibilities if they choose to send another song from that wonderful CD to radio.

Lstname89

Idk, I think there are a few left, who stick to the "original formula" when it comes to country.

Does anyone here like Easton Corbin? I really like his "Lovin' You is Fun" song!

clh_hilary

I actually quite like and bought Lady Antebellum's "Just A Kiss", "We Owned The Night", "Wanted You More" and "Friday Night" from their new album "Own The Night". "Dancin' Away With My Heart" is the one that I don't care for. It's just too bland and is too much of a desperate attempt to re-create "Need You Now". I think they are just having this Adult Comtemporary Hot AC Rock Lady A sound with them after their debut album which makes them boring as a whole. They should at least add some Country elements back and then they'd have more diversity. Their latest album still sold very well, regardless, so they have nothing immediate to worry about. But I can imagine them having a hard time selling their next album if they continue to make everything stay the same. They might just very well fall into the Norah Jones situation, where everything sounds the same and record sales keep dropping as the day goes. Jones' third album ("Not Too Late") still did pretty well but it already was another harsh drop from the million-opening "Feels Like Home", and it was "The Falls" that followed that third project which barely made it to Gold, and OTN is by no means at the level of NTL so I think they really need to step up their game. Also, TF was actually changed up a little of Jones' sound already but it was not enough, so maybe Lady A needs a big change as well. I found 3 albums always be the norm for phenomenon to suddenly fall off big time - Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill", "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" and "Under Rug Swept" were all #1 albums with declining sales, then "So-Called Chaos" tanked; Christina Aguilera's self-titled debut, "Stripped" and "Back To Basics" were all huge, then "Bionic" flopped; Madonna's "Like A Virgin", "True Blue" and "Like A Prayer" put her on the map, and then "Erotica" flopped; and I believe Sugarland's "The Incredible Machine" was their fourth album as well, and it was a big underperformer for their standard, the same goes to Rihanna's "Rated R", which was her fourth album as well. Lady A technically is at their third of the cycle because their debut was not their big breakout to the mainstream, but there are a lot of examples of people falling sharply in popularity after two really huge eras: Britney Spears, P!nk, Shania Twain, Evanescence, etc.