Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Marv

I also expect her to debut in the mid-thirties at Mediabase; she'll pick up some spins & AIs tonight from Whitney Allen's hilarious syndicated show.

It's great having her back on the radio

teesharky

So is 73,000 twitter followers in 1.5 days considered good? lol I know Charlie Sheen got like 1 million over the course of a weekend, but that was due to his tiger blood. lol

Zman312

you don't know how GREAT it feels to have Carrie back at on the Mediabase chart!!! I a, also loving that GG is getting great reviews. (It's funny how Carrie is always labeled not country enough even thou other artists are very pop, but this single is remotely country and they LOVE IT!!!! Glad to see country is evolving and hopefully Carrie will be rewarded for her committment!!!

This ERA will be amazing, get ready for the Carnival ride guys!!!

Pi314CA

Look out! Here comes GG!!!

Taking-Off:
Artist Title New Stations New Spins 7-Day Reports
CARRIE UNDERWOOD Good Girl 15 195 Leaders Starters
ERIC CHURCH Springsteen 8 105 Leaders Starters
LUKE BRYAN Drunk On You 6 80 Leaders Starters
JASON ALDEAN Fly Over States 5 63 Leaders Starters
ELI YOUNG BAND Even If It Breaks Your Heart 3 31 Leaders Starters

Spincrease:
Artist Title Move Stations 7-Day Reports
JASON ALDEAN Fly Over States 1171 220 Leaders Starters
MIRANDA LAMBERT Over You 850 231 Leaders Starters
GEORGE STRAIT Love's Gonna Make It Alright 829 231 Leaders Starters
ZAC BROWN BAND No Hurry 813 226 Leaders Starters
ERIC CHURCH Springsteen 745 162 Leaders Starters
BRANTLEY GILBERT You Don't Know Her Like I Do 731 222 Leaders Starters
LEE BRICE A Woman Like You 710 226 Leaders Starters
TIM MCGRAW Better Than I Used To Be 661 227 Leaders Starters
BLAKE SHELTON Drink On It 560 231 Leaders Starters
DIERKS BENTLEY Home 531 233 Leaders Starters
JOSH TURNER Time Is Love 501 197 Leaders Starters
CARRIE UNDERWOOD Good Girl 481 122 Leaders Starters
JAKE OWEN Alone With You 466 228 Leaders Starters
CHRIS CAGLE Got My Country On 436 212 Leaders Starters
TAYLOR SWIFT Ours 418 225 Leaders Starters
LADY ANTEBELLUM Dancin' Away With My Heart 401 229 Leaders Starters
RASCAL FLATTS Banjo 392 226 Leaders Starters

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
GG (+164 spins, +1.464 million AIs) moves up 2 spots to #40. GG has now been played on 131 stations. As I said yesterday, 3 songs go recurrent today. So GG will debut at #37 on Mediabase. The Billboard real-time tracker shows GG is at 4.476 million AIs after 2 days. Today's gain was a little lower than I expected. So it looks like GG will debut in the low 30s on Billboard.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

Carrie appears @ no.40 on the MB chart & will officially debut @ no.37 there after the revurrents are taken out for this week! A great start for like 2 days AirPlay lol! Go Carrie! :)

liveasong

tumblr_lzzndhyajN1qeeyoeo1_500.jpg

LOLOLOLOL!

tumblr_m000sbAq491qfs8dgo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

teesharky

Is that the 5th biggest update of all genres, or country? I thought Carrie would have the top update of the day on country charts with those gains? lol

Thanx Cary! Top30 debuts on both mediabase and billboard are good for 2 and 3 days of airplay, right? lol

Nascar is hurting her as there was a big race yesterday and tons of countdowns on the radio too. Same with today: Daytona 500 will hurt her as well.

Manchs

Is that the 5th biggest update of all genres, or country? I thought Carrie would have the top update of the day on country charts with those gains? lol

Thanx Cary! Top30 debuts on both mediabase and billboard are good for 2 and 3 days of airplay, right? lol

Nascar is hurting her as there was a big race yesterday and tons of countdowns on the radio too. Same with today: Daytona 500 will hurt her as well.

5th biggest update overall :)

jhomes87

Carrie had by far the highest update today. A gain of 1.464 million on the published Mediabase panel. The next highest was Jason Aldean's "Fly Over States", which gained 0.782 million. I still think "Good Girl" will debut in the top 30 on Billboard. Right now, according to the Billboard RTT, she's got about 4.5 million, and if she gains another 1-1.5 million in tomorrow's update, she can probably finish higher than 5.5 million. That will probably put her in the 27-29 range on Billboard. Josh Turner's "Time Is Love" looks likely to land close to 6 million, and the Eli Young Band's "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" is projecting to about 5.5 million, so maybe "Good Girl" can split the difference and manage a Billboard debut of #28.

Manchs

^ I'm not Jhomes, but I think I can answer it. BB usually posts the charts on mondays! The article is called Charts Highlights, I think. So, we are already going to know GG debut tomorrow :)

bigbluegrl23

it's absolutely crazy to think that this girl can take more than a year off and have her single fly once she comes back.
Becca

carebear4eva

I have a question about the whole "crossing over" process...WHEN? How long does it typically take country songs to gain the attention of pop stations, and maybe Top 40 radio? Does it typically run parallel to the song's performance on the country charts? Or does it typically happen when/after the song peaks on country radio?